• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Victoria is why i started following paradox as a company. So at very least maybe you'll get a lot of collateral spending like mac got with there ipods (people starting buying more macs) as thats what i personally have done haha.

Ill be buying this even if it is in shabby release as long as the moding tools are complex. Again i just have to say that victoria is the best game they've released to me. If the interface got an update, things were more intuitive, and you changed a few mass market candy things like visuals and the title of the game, then i think you'll get that mass market appeal you will need to make a profit.

And finally its nice to hear that you dont think it will make a profit (i dont blame you there as ive heard victoria was a dismal failure in that regard) and that you are still going to go through with it. Dont really care about the bald head but your trust in your programmers is reassuring.

THAT's a promise! i think i do know now what i will be giving away as presents for the next few years... :D

There are a thousand other world conquering games out there.
In Vicky you can also conquer the world, play with military and build factories and railroads.
But you can also control every citizens of yours, you can be a real tyrant/king!
Tell me of some other game, where your in-game decisions affect the lives of every citizen who pays taxes to you?
There is no other game, where you can be a real tyrant!

I want to be the state, I want the head of the army, I want to be God of my citizens!

I want to be their Providence and I want to be their Bane, and Victoria allows me that freedom of action!

gosh! you scare me, mate! :D
i am quite happy with the detailed control on pops, i just mean that with another part of the interface dedicated to manage pops in global, at a national level, like what you got in the ledger but in the graphical interface instead, to check unemployed, militant, foreigns, pops most of complaints about micromanagement would have never come up. probably most of the people that bitterly complained about micromanagement never used the ledger for their advantage. their fault? not really. dev's pop? don't think so. it's just that victoria is such a great game that you can play it in many different flavors and when you want to focus in pop management (which is not compulsory at all) the tools provided in-game where quite poor.

at the end of the day, who could predict the bunch of psicopathic possesive freaks that us, vicky players, turned out to be? :D

Ok, now it's time for the minority to speak.

As a guy who has long hair for most of my adult life, i'll have to stand with Fredrik and don't buy the game. After all we all know that people that shave are dangerous

Now, if for some mysterious reason all the gifts i'll get for my birthday are copies of the game it wouldn't be my fault. :p

Hey all,

I really like that people are excited that Vic2 is in development. This feels like an interesting and exciting project for all of us, however it is no secret I voted for another project from the Paradox dev team.

Johan assured me our fans want this project, and so did you (forum people) in a poll on this forum.

So in brief; I think this project never will see profit (reason is simple Vic1 was a terrible launch). Johan thinks it will. Johan and his team have the responsibility to create a good game and of course we hope that you will buy it since this was the most voted-for title in our poll.

So, what do I bring to the table except for whining? I have promised the dev team (and checked with my family) that I am shaving my head if this project ever sees profit. AND post pictures of it here in the forum.

We will have a budget meeting in the coming two weeks to see how many units we need to sell to reach our break-even; and keep you posted. Progress reports will follow.

And yes, I am serious. :)

Cheers,
Fred

I hereby present you with a preview of Frederik the Bald!

Before

And after:

Frederikbald.jpg

Frederik, you can show this to your family to prepare them for your eventual baldness. :rofl:

:rofl:
you naughty Deus!! :D

Oh no! You shouldn't have done this! Can I erase the picture from my memory, please? :D

What about the eager expectations and the eventual shock? Now it's gone...:(

The only occasion on which I would support making this fake is Fredrik actually not shaving his hair ;)

Also, he now looks like a character from the "Coneheads" movie.

I had another thought. Frederik sait that he'll shave his hair off if Victoria 2 EVER becomes profitable.

Perhaps he and Johan could ante up the bet, and say that if the game becomes profitable in 3 months after release, then he'll shave his head and will grow a beard.

Therefore I present you with Frederick the (Victorian) Industrialist.

Frederikbald_beard.jpg

Hey, please stop it. I bet you wouldn't be glad that someone is making joke of you, especially when you make such a commitment as Fredrik did.

Although it is quite fun, I don't want this thread to be closed.

:rofl: hilarious

Hey, please stop it. I bet you wouldn't be glad that someone is making joke of you, especially when you make such a commitment as Fredrik did.

Although it is quite fun, I don't want this thread to be closed.

I'm actually quite serious. I just did it that he could see what he was getting himself into. I would say that him having long hair would be awful. But if he is just bald then he looks alright. Methinks.

I had another thought. Frederik sait that he'll shave his hair off if Victoria 2 EVER becomes profitable.

Perhaps he and Johan could ante up the bet, and say that if the game becomes profitable in 3 months after release, then he'll shave his head and will grow a beard.

Therefore I present you with Frederick the (Victorian) Industrialist.

Frederikbald_beard.jpg

This message has been approved by Paradox

WoW, they inform about this thread! They say that the boss from PI made a bet with his colleagues.

There is a translation of the Fredrik's initial post.

This is the goggle translation of the first paragraph:

"Fredrik Wester does not seem particularly convinced of the ruling power (urteilkraft = judgement ability) of his colleagues. The CEO of Paradox Interactive has now bet on the corporate forum that is the new project of a financial flop. Victoria 2, a strategy game in the colonization era, based on the Europa Universalis engine, which announced last week. The advance had gone a vote in the forum and a heated discussion on the development team about which game you want to tackle next."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.