• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Stardate: 24204.2

1.jpg

Today, we bring news regarding the future of Star Trek: Infinite, a journey we've embarked on together with a lot of excitement.

Sadly, we must inform you that Star Trek: Infinite will not receive further updates.

Together, we've explored distant worlds, faced formidable adversaries, and created a community bound by a shared love for the Star Trek universe.

2.jpg

We want to extend our gratitude to those who have been the backbone of this journey. To the incredible team at Nimble Giant whose dedication and creativity made Star Trek: Infinite a reality. Working alongside such a talented group has been a privilege.

Equally, our partners at Paramount deserve a world of thanks. Your support and insights have been an invaluable resource, enriching our development process and enabling us to craft the game that stands before our community today. Your commitment to this project has helped us navigate the vastness of the Star Trek universe with authenticity and passion.

3.jpg

Lastly, we cannot express enough gratitude for you, our community, for your support, enthusiasm, and dedication. Your engagement, feedback, and passion have been the driving force behind this adventure. You've built more than just a player base; you've forged a community of explorers united under the banner of Star Trek.

Though our journey in updating Star Trek: Infinite concludes here, the universe we've created together remains. The legacy of Star Trek: Infinite will live on through you, the community, and the adventures you continue to share.

Thank you for being a part of this incredible voyage, live long and prosper.

Well, thanks for finally acknowledging it. I guess that's something.

Announcing a new custodian team would have been better.

I feel bad for any developers who were impacted.

Not a great addition to the recent string of abandoned or troubled PDX related titles.

• 3Like
Reactions:
sigh. I know a lot of people worked very hard on this thing. I wish the final product was good, but it isn't.

sadly, we may not get another Star Trek grand strategy game for decades, so this one stings.

• 2Like
Reactions:
It is a functional game, entirely Single Player though. As for Multiplayer issues being resolved? Well, if the game is not removed from steam, then all that is left is the modding community to keep the game alive. Which has happened quite a few times, where a modding community kept games alive.

This is not necessarily the end, IMO. If the modding community does keep the game alive, and if sales were to go up, perhaps these three companies can return to the table in the future. When? Who knows.

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Yes, unfortunately it feels like a betrayal of your loyal customers and Star Trek fans. I was really looking forward to this game. Finally getting a cool Star Trek game again. With the knowledge that there is a publisher on board who can continue to develop games over a longer period of time.The game has potential, which can definitely be exploited with a little effort. And I would have liked to have had the patience to wait for it.Sorry Paradox, I'm used to something different from you. :(
At least one big update should have been included...
But unfortunately that's how it is when it's all about maximizing profits. :(

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Wow. What a massive disappointment. This game never fulfilled....anything. It's just Stellaris with a janky Star Trek skin.

Very unhappy with this purchase, and feel swindled.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Well that was a waste of time and money. After Vic 3 and Skylines 2 this is the third strike for Paradox.

I see Millennia is off to a great start re-confirming things are very very wrong.

What happened to being the Kings of DLC? Development of... anything really seems to have crawled to a stop.

I'm aware it's an issue industry wide and I hope you all manage to turn things around.

• 4Like
Reactions:
That "we are sorry but not sorry for taking your money" apology is a joke.

For a while now it feels like PDX lost its Mojo.
Recent game releases were shells without a soul (hello Imperator, Vic, CK and CS2), DLCs were mostly underwhelming (hello HoI) or just recycled ideas (hello announced stellaris DLC [Synthetic Dawn cries in a corner]) and that is now the iceing on the cake.

They knew the state of the game, they knew that there are Stellaris mods that are way superior to what they produce and they released it anyways for 30 Euro with the typical Paradox Promise that it will be fine in a year or two. And now they start to even cut down the typical PDX approch and just abandon it after a few months.

For me its time to stop buying games from Paradox at release or at all, because of a unspoken commitment for post game release. The higher up management needs to get back in touch with the playerbase and start going back to old values and stop with sucking money out of customers for the bare minimum product as they do right now.

• 9Like
Reactions:
Well.... clear thing..... wont buy any stellaris stuff and surely never a stellaris 2 or similar. No one knows when you get paradoxed again with a Product.
It is not Paradox's fault, nor is it NGE's fault either. It is most likely Paramounts decision because they OWN Star Trek.

As for others, Steam/Valve has been known to be lenient in their refund policy. IF you wish to refund, let them know that the development of the game was cancelled and they'll likely grant it.

But to be fair, I ain't going to refund it. Why?

Because the Modding Community is going to keep the game alive and will continue to mod the game, regardless of this announcement. I too am disappointed by this announcement, but I am not going to give up on it, unlike others here.

Further more, it is not a Stellaris game with a Star Trek skin on it. Many people have explained its uniqueness time and time again. Anyone who keeps crying that it is a Stellaris game with a Star Trek skin is basically a troll at this point.

I refuse to let this game die and the Modding Community won't quit either. So if you still wish to refund, give it a shot. But I believe this game will certainly stay alive, regardless.

• 4Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Further more, it is not a Stellaris game with a Star Trek skin on it. Many people have explained its uniqueness time and time again. Anyone who keeps crying that it is a Stellaris game with a Star Trek skin is basically a troll at this point.

Reasonable people can disagree. Game feels more like stellaris to me than a star trek game. But I guess I'm a troll.

Maybe I'll check back in a year or 2 to see if modders have done anything interesting.

• 7Like
Reactions: