• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kallocain

Executive Producer
22 Badges
Aug 3, 2009
  • Divine Wind
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sengoku
  • Rome Gold
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Legio
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
The patch will obviously contain a lot more, but these are some headlines we think you'll like to see:

• Improved AI handling of rebels.
  • The Diplomatic AI have gotten an overhaul and the AI is more likely to intervene, and also will form alliances with other GP's.
  • Mid and endgame economy have been tweaked, and the capitalists should understand more what is profitable or not.

More news to come, like the date of the release and more fixes of course.

EDIT
An update from August 30

Let's see, the eternal question what was Paradox upto last week on Victoria 2

Johan - Was off playing around the rebel and refrom system to get it working better
Doomdark - Spent some time improving the rebel fighting AI
Brother Bean - Adding Events and decision, plus fixing things here and there
Besuchov - Doing a whole of host of small fixes for minor issues
Me - Did various economic and tech tweaks to improve mid to late game economic balance.

What I can say with absolute certainty that there will be no patch this week. Still doing stuff at the moment, trying to kill all the problems we know about (and not introduce any new ones) before we ship out a patch.

EDIT
Post just asking when the patch will be ready will be considered spam

Last edited by a moderator:
Capis borrowing from NB to fund projects is not in the game. NB is just for governments that need to take loans.

actually we tried this just before 1.1 but it was very unbalancing and we didnt have time to polish it so it was cut. we might add something like this back in a future patch however if its needed.

Let's see, the eternal question what was Paradox upto last week on Victoria 2

Johan - Was off playing around the rebel and refrom system to get it working better
Doomdark - Spent some time improving the rebel fighting AI
Brother Bean - Adding Events and decision, plus fixing things here and there
Besuchov - Doing a whole of host of small fixes for minor issues
Me - Did various economic and tech tweaks to improve mid to late game economic balance.

Good to hear about the progress. Was afraid that you have postponed your holidays over VIC2 release and gamescom and the silence ment that you're out of office.

Any work done on migration-promotion-assimilation related balance? Especially high assimilation and colonial migration rates and fast demotion rates to soldiers?

Lots of tweaks done.

You tease :rofl:

I deliberately keeping this vauge because we have no quams what so ever in ditching changes when our internal testing shows they don't work. Even if the idea sounds so cool on paper and will totally solve all problems. I really don't want to tell you we are doing this and then you all great this will totally make 1.2 rock. Only to then have to post later ok that idea was crap we cut it and then have to go into long posts explaining why.

What I can say with absolute certainty that there will be no patch this week. Still doing stuff at the moment, trying to kill all the problems we know about (and not introduce any new ones) before we ship out a patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.