Confirmed Stellaris - Hyper Relay use prioritized over hyperlane despite distance covered or time spent travelling

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Valmarki

Sergeant
18 Badges
Apr 20, 2021
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
Description
AI does not allow for Hyperlane usage in system with Hyper Relay

Game Version
Cepheus v3.4.2 (7836)

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
All of them.

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I sent my entire fleet to ambush a 200k+ enemy fleet, Realized there are TWO 200k fleets in the system instead of one.
Immediately tried to send my fleets back out the way they came in, but the game won't let me. Instead, no matter how or where I click, the game tries to make my fleets go through the hyper relay to the south-east in the system which guarantees engagement and a hefty loss for me. I can't find a way to "insist" my fleets go through the lane instead of the relay.

Updated with save file.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Travel between system when both systems have a Hyper Relay.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Trapped by hyper relay.png
    Trapped by hyper relay.png
    2,3 MB · Views: 0
  • ironman.sav
    5,9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Today I had an issue with take point. The AIs fleets were following mine, but as soon my fleet entered combat in the neighbour system, the AI fleets seemed to get stuck in a jump recharge loop. Some go out after a while while the rest never made it. This caused the enemy to defeat my fleet and the AI fleets coming in in bigger time distances, despite all starting from the same spot, before charging for the jump.
I havent figured out yet if it is the fact alone, that my fleet went to combat once it reached the enemy system, or if the hyper relais and the AI prefering to jump from there also had sth to do with it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Here we go again!
If they go through the hyperlane to their right, they reach the neighbouring system, and the enemy fleet, in a fraction of the time than it now takes them to go to the relay ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE SYSTEM to get to the exact same location instead. o_O

Attachments

• Bilde_2022-05-14_155914219.png
    Bilde_2022-05-14_155914219.png
    1,4 MB · Views: 0
  • Bilde_2022-05-14_155948708.png
    Bilde_2022-05-14_155948708.png
    1,7 MB · Views: 0
Hi thank you for your report
"Also, my save files folder is empty, no idea where the file is, but it is obviously somewhere since I can load it..."

This most likely means that your saves are cloud saves
How to find your Cloud savegame:

Assuming you have installed Steam in the default directory (replace path as appropriate) - you can access a local copy of your cloud save games in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<YOUR STEAM ID>\281990\remote\save games\

It would be extremely help full to get a save where this is happening.

Attachments

• cloud.png
    cloud.png
    189,6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hi thank you for your report
"Also, my save files folder is empty, no idea where the file is, but it is obviously somewhere since I can load it..."

This most likely means that your saves are cloud saves
How to find your Cloud savegame:

Assuming you have installed Steam in the default directory (replace path as appropriate) - you can access a local copy of your cloud save games in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<YOUR STEAM ID>\281990\remote\save games\

It would be extremely help full to get a save where this is happening.
Ah, thanks! Found it!
Right here, all my fleets are currently in the Antares system, right on the hyperlane border to the Bartyam system.
If I now order them to move into Bartyam, no matter where or how I do it, the entire navy will do a near 180 degree turn towards the Hyper Relay in the Antares system in order to get there, literally on the opposite side of the Antares system, instead of just going through the hyperlane and directly into Bartyam. Even if I tell the fleet to go BEHIND the Bartyam system relay which is virtually on top of the Antares Hyperlane.

Attachments

• ironman.sav
    5,9 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I suspect this isn't limited to Hyper Relays. I had a similar issue with Gateways and Wormholes in 3.3 when the pathing AI was updated. Haven't had time to verify in 3.4, but I suspect the issue still persists.
Well, wormholes are usually quite a few systems apart, if you want to circumvent those you usually only need to tell your fleeet a multiple move command to cover enough of the distance so that the way you want them to take becomes shorter, right?
Or was your issue that your fleets/ships refused to take any other possible route than the wormhole one?

My ships refused to take any other possible route than the wormhole one. Like you, I had stationed them at the hyperlane exit to the next system and they insisted on traveling across the entire system to the wormhole and through a gateway in the remote system to the other wormhole (which wasn't placed near the wormhole as shown in screenshot 4). There was nothing I could do to overwrite it, except I suppose disabling access to the system with the gateway. The fleet insisted on taking a 50+ day route instead of making a 5 day hyperlane jump.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ty for the save
We have now added the issue to our bug database.

• 3Like
Reactions: