Quick Questions/ Quick Answers - HoI4

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Is it possible to get AI USA to join Allies before USA is at war with anyone?

So far the reasons are
+10 Good Relations
+20 World Tension (100%)
-20 Base Reluctance
-50 Might be dragged into a war

As UK, I seem totally unable to pull them into the conflict, regardless of anything I do. Which means I'm entirely at the mercy of my enemy attacking them, which could be a long time as Japan is losing.

How about asking for military access. Can I use their airports and perform missions from there? Can I get air cover west of Portugal/Spain for my subs? Can I paradop on Gibraltar from neutral Portugal/Spain?

From my experience so far, Military Access only lets you move units through their land, you can't launch naval invasions from their ports or para drops from their airfields and you can't base fleets there either, so your fleet range remains limited to your owned ports.

Military Access is largely useless. If you want to use another country for any type of military advantage, they need to be your faction so you have full access to everything.

How long exactly does it take for manpower law changes to take effect. Seemed like it only kicked in a year later, Sept 40.
Depends on mobilization speed. 0.01% I think the base is

recruitable pop ratio changes 0.1%/day I believe but mobilization speed is the thing that's mutable

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think the "Accomplished Heritage" Army Spirit is a new one with By Blood Alone.

The first perk reduces the cost of medals by 50%, which will be useful late game when you have lots of medal eligible officers, and loads of PP to spend on those medals. But I have no idea what the "Field Officer Division Penalty:- 100%" actually does.

Any ideas?

View attachment 885463

Promoting a divisional commander reduces the field experience of that division by 25% (veterancy). This spirit removes that penalty.

Reactions:
Unknown command. Is it new in 1.13? delete autocompletes to deleteallunits and help wing does not yield anything.
Seems like it's a new thing that we did somewhere during AAT.
I'm the meantime I guess you can do something like

every_country = {
transfer_units_fraction= {
target = BHU
size = 0
stockpile_ratio = 0
army_ratio = 0
navy_ratio = 0
air_ratio = 1
}

In a decision or an eval_effect

Reactions: