Portugal: Here we go again

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And predictably as I feared, it is way too hard to tell that Portugal isn't in the French market at a glance.
I don't think it's any less distinguishable than the Sicilian/Russian colors.

• 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Already have, and yes I have low vision. There's no need to insult me or others who don't have perfect vision for a physical limitation we often can't control.

That should not be a reason to excuse bad design in any case. Paradox should be designing their games for accessibility be consider people with vision limitations when designing the game's interface, and that includes color schemes. Countries near or likely to be near each other need to having distinct enough colors to be able to tell apart immediately at a glance.
With the amount of countries we have compared to the colors actually available, this is much more of a tall order than you might think, especially for a country with a global presence like Portugal that is 'near' dozens of other countries. We also don't want to just completely ignore national colors associated with certain countries when assigning map colors.

• 14Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.