• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

komioski

Sergeant
50 Badges
Aug 26, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
banner.png

Hello again everyone! I know the first Dev Diary is taking a little longer than planned, but the ck2 team has been on a roll with the awesome updates this year and each time I have to update many of the mod files, which is a relatively simple but time consuming task. You have been extremely patient, but very curious so here is an update on what I've been working on.

First, a look at the dedicated forum. It is hosted by proboards and still needs a few organization tweaks but is 99% done and I wont be working on it again until the completion of the empire overhaul, when it will be opened to everyone. Any feedback on the color scheme would be welcome :D.
Annotation 2019-06-01 011922.jpg

Now heres a peak at some of the work done on the Empire Overhaul:
  • Coronation system added for Elector Counts of the Empire and the Emperor himself, very similar to vanilla
  • Baptism system added, converted to a blessing from a local priest up to the grand theoginist himself
  • reworked the retinues of the Empire to replace the state troop decision which was rather messy, and it was exactly what the retinue system is intended to represent
  • reworked temple buildings and holy orders
  • New technology system from vanilla added
  • Combat system and battlefield duels added (first of many passes, each race will require an examination of the combat/duel system)
  • Portraits updated (vanilla portraits will almost certainly be used for humans, currently in progress) I'm aware this will be a controversial change.... It will be a mix of vanilla portrait properties and the mods portrait properties in an attempt to find a good middle ground.
  • Empire Map Overhaul is still in progress, Nearly done but is easily the most work out of anything on this list. This is also the primary reason the testing version has not been released.
  • Decision to reform the Empire has been reworked, It will now properly grant you the Warhammer which has been changed to a ceremonial weapon to allow you to wield your runefang. It will also grant you a bloodline which includes the new bonus granted to the otto bloodline in iron century which gives a bonus to the HRE elective system. Which yes the HRE elective system has been added with all of the elector counts and the moot, the grand theoginist is given 3 votes to represent both arch lectors which historically voted with him almost every time. Reforming the empire will force you to be coronated again if you already were as an elector count this time by the Grand Theoginist himself. I am having a bit of trouble with limiting the candidates to only the Elector Counts currently so that is a bit of an annoying issue, especially considering how easy it was to limit the electors.
Theres been alot of smaller changes and other work done, Such as sainthood, great works, bloodlines, and I spent a healthy amount of time finishing an assign_racial_trait = yes command to be placed in every instance of new_character to ensure newly created characters are given proper traits immediatly to squash that very annoying bug, and perhaps make it possible to use ruler designer. And so much more! But I only wanted to give some of the main highlights that I'll want the testers to focus on. In the Dev Diary I will go into extreme detail on all of these changes and everything else. Work is moving rather quickly with the current map changes and the bug with the candidate selection being the main issues stopping the testing release they are my main focus. I'll do my best to keep you informed and please feel free to leave feedback or wild speculation below.(I do enjoy reading it ;))

Cheers,
Komioski​

I am very excited, also the forum colors looks good, nice and readable.
I might consider changing the color of the "moderator" text to something higher contrast than a different shade of red, but it doesn't seem too bad as is.

Exciting changes! I wonder how it all turns out.
I dont really mind to wait a while for the next Dev Diary. Its just good to know that you are progressing with the overhaul and this lovely mod will get updated some time.
I spent a total of 1250h playing CK2 and the Geheimnisnacht mod offered me some of the most enjoyable playthroughs. Keep up your good work!

The forum colors look good to me.

Great news.
But is it any specific reason you are changing the portraits? I think this mod had the coolest ones out there.. a shame if you go back to vanilla ones!

Anyway good work!
best mod out there, I cant play anything other then this mod when I have the ck2 itch.

But is it any specific reason you are changing the portraits? I think this mod had the coolest ones out there.. a shame if you go back to vanilla ones!
I have to agree, plus the vanilla human portraits will clash horribly in art style with the non human portraits.

And people without portrait dlc will be left without much variety when using the mod.

My question with the portraits is, isn't it not possible to alter their properties without forcing the mod to require the accompanying DLC? That was my understanding as to why most of the major overhaul mods always put portrait stuff into a submod instead.

It is good if the mod can encourage players to purchase the portraits DLCs.
Man why is the disagree button button disabled here? That's good for paradox and not players, I own every piece of CK2 dlc, but the vast majority of people are going to end up with default western faces or arabic faces coving 90% of the human nations and thats kind of shit for them when the mod previously had unique assets for most cultures.

no they do not, blokes form the island of the coast of bretonia along whit a culture in the bretonian gorup, and another in araby use generic faces, plus when those portrait where made, they had to go trough hoops and loops to get the clothes to work, a good example of this was the imperial regalia, which they basically locked in for only the ruler of the unified empire leaving another empiral with the rank of emperor, using king tier clothes, with the new mechanic that both allows to tie specific clothes to both titles and specific artifacts the old method has since become obsolete needing, i would imagine a ton of work to fix for every single culture, that they decided to return to using vanilla portraits

no they do not, blokes form the island of the coast of bretonia
Albion? They do though.

along whit a culture in the bretonian gorup,
and another in araby use generic faces,
Why exactly do these need a separate one?

a good example of this was the imperial regalia, which they basically locked in for only the ruler of the unified empire leaving another empiral with the rank of emperor, using king tier clothes, with the new mechanic that both allows to tie specific clothes to both titles and specific artifacts the old method has since become obsolete needing, i would imagine a ton of work to fix for every single culture, that they decided to return to using vanilla portraits
I don't know enough to argue this, but frankly I'm not seeing that as a big enough benefit to return to the inconsistent art style the mod originally had and forcing people to buy cosmetic DLC.