• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Interesting discussion here. Manchuria is a unique and interesting county indeed.
By the way, one of the issues is that the AI Manchuria almost 100% loses the civil war for several reasons (one reason is that the AI seldom amphibious land on Taiwan. and when Taiwan joined the U.N. they are doomed). so, this event is almost the player-exclusive one. :)

I've played another watching game and have seen several bugs and issues.

1) When the Siberia faction diplomatically annexed the USSR, imperial Russia and the far east faction were neglected since then.
Perhaps, the new USSR needs to have an event that DoW on them.

2) In our loved civil war, when Manchuria DoW only on the Communists and allied with the Nationalists, and then the Nationalists fled to Taiwan and made a peace with the Communists, Manchuria also made a peace with them. And Mao ignored them since then.
This also needs an event that DoW on them again (I checked the code, but seems like it's impossible to only separate peace with the Nationalists)

3) In the Palestine rebellion event, when the UK make a peace with them, the UK still held Akko and Gaza for themselves, which would become a problem when the United Arab Republic annexed Palestine, Lebanon, and Syria because only Akko connects the north and south lands.

I edited the following event in db\events\Fatherland\EUROPE\unitedkingdom.txt to make sure that the UK will secede all Palestine provinces.

Code:
    event = {
    id = 7776432
    random = no
    country = ENG
    trigger = {
            exists = ENG
            random = 20
            exists = PAL
            atwar = PAL
            }

date = { day = 10 month = June year = 1950 }
    offset = 30
    deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1958 }

name = "Recognize government of Palestine"
    desc = "After years of disorder and war it's time for us to recognize the new governement  of Palestine"
    style = 2
    picture = "news_paper"
    action = {
        name = "Not again!"
        ai_chance = 100
        command = { type = dissent value = 1 }
        command = { type = peace which = PAL value = 0 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = PAL value = 1172 when = 2} # Jerusalem Added
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = PAL value = 1008 when = 2} # Tel-Aviv Added
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = PAL value = 1009 when = 2} # Gaza Added
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = PAL value = 1010 when = 2} # Eilat Added
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = PAL value = 1011 when = 2} # Haifa Added
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = PAL value = 1013 when = 2} # Akko Added
        }
}

By the way, just out of curiosity, the mod seems to comment out the Israel events. Well, I can imagine the reason, and it is a difficult decision indeed, but I sometimes want to play as them...

EDIT: How about an alternative history of the Madagascar Plan by Germany or the Uganda Scheme by the UK if you don't want to make Palestine-Israel. Personally, Madagascar-Israel is an interesting and plausible alternative in this timeline, even Hitler himself approved it.

Last edited:
And I have played as Imperial Russia, allied with the National Russian Council (far eastern faction) via an event.
When Siberia fought with the USSR, I manually DoW on Siberia, and conquered Kansk, and the Dzhanov Defeat - Romanov event happened, but the NRC inherited all provinces for whatever reason...

Far_east_taken.png

And then I manually DoW on the USSR, and conquered all required provinces for the USSR surrender event, but they are taken by the NRC too, so the Soviet Defeat - Romanov event (id 8014277) could not happen.

As the final solution, I used acceptall and manually demand core provinces from the NRC (de facto annexed), and then the event happened.

By the way, the event 8014276 need to edit "command = { type = inherit which = SIB value = 1}" to inherit their armies too (probably need to win the USSR).

just downloaded the hot fixes but have encountered new and the same boring old problems.

The UK leaving the UN and not re-joining
Fascist America is leader of the UN. and jumps between conservativism and authoritarianism.
I've annexed the sov and am getting the events to release RK's, intergrade or release states and not matter my choice the game will crash.
Iraq is allied with the UN and Axis and at war with the UK.

I've attached my save game for anyone wanting a look, there are 4 errors found but I'm not good at the rest haha.

Are their any fixes for these issues? they seem to be reoccurring for me despite the "hotfix" and i have made clean installs and downloads etc. Thank you in advance.

"crash test" is just at the option to release the last RK and when you chose to do so it crashes to desktop time after time on 15th
April 1955

Please help I'm so tired of re-downloading this mod thinking its fixed only to play about 6 hours in for it all to go pear shape. We all come here to report these bugs but each and every fix doesn't seem to fix any of the issues and its such a great mod with so much potential its so frustrating to see it time and time again just not work after putting so much time in to it. I wish i could code etc as id love to help but all i can do is report what i see and Ive been playing since its early release and it hasn't gotten any more stable (crash wise) Please some one able to help?

Attachments

• crsh test.zip
    2,3 MB · Views: 0
  • Großdeutsches Reich.zip
    2,2 MB · Views: 0
  • savedebug.zip
    5,8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Perhaps, the reason for it is that the UK Ethiopia war event was broken, which I reported at #2.561 with a solution.
Thanks i'll have another look.
Problem is it's more than just that even that seems to be broken from what im seeing and playing. there are still issues that i had when i downloaded the very first version post beta.

I just re did my save and i didn't release RK Moscow and RK Turk and it seems to work. my guess is the crash is due to them countries being released. All the rest worked fine.
*EDIT* It's RK Turk. some how if I release them and go to war with Islamic Turkistan (via the event) then the game crashes.

I'd pay pal some one some money to fix this mod as it is by far my favourite but i'm so tired of getting to around mid 50's for every thing to just break as it did when i first downloaded this mod which was aot longer ago than what my profile suggests.

Last edited:
Sorry if someone already answered this, but how do you activate the "Radicalization of the Axis Alliance" event as the SS-Staat Germania? every time I try and play as them via any of the routes to create them it still never fires.

Just reinstalled DH after a long break and this was the first mod I grabbed. I've been playing since 5.0 or 6.0 and am delighted to see that it is still being developed. Cheers to the dev team and the folks that contribute hotfixes!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Sorry if someone already answered this, but how do you activate the "Radicalization of the Axis Alliance" event as the SS-Staat Germania? every time I try and play as them via any of the routes to create them it still never fires.
That event is the 91000011 in \db\events\Fatherland\GER\ss-germany.txt and this event also lack date/offset/deathdate lines (therefore never fired), so I added them.

Code:
event = {
id = 91000011
country = GER
random = no

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1948 }
offset = 5
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 2020 }    

trigger = { 
flag = SSGermany
atwar = no
OR = { 
alliance = { country = GER country = SPA }
alliance = { country = GER country = ROM }
alliance = { country = GER country = HUN }
alliance = { country = GER country = BUL }
}
}

And according to the trigger, it seems like you need to be at peace, and at least allied with one of Spain, Romania, Hungary, or Bulgaria.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
That event is the 91000011 in \db\events\Fatherland\GER\ss-germany.txt and this event also lack date/offset/deathdate lines (therefore never fired), so I added them.

Code:
event = {
    id = 91000011
    country = GER
    random = no

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1948 } #added
    offset = 5 #added
    deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 2020 }    #added

trigger = {
        flag = SSGermany
        atwar = no
        OR = {
            alliance = { country = GER country = SPA }
            alliance = { country = GER country = ROM }
            alliance = { country = GER country = HUN }
            alliance = { country = GER country = BUL }
        }
    }

And according to the trigger, it seems like you need to be at peace, and at least allied with one of Spain, Romania, Hungary, or Bulgaria.
ah thank you so much but now after I paste the date/offset/deathdate part in like you have it here my game crashes straight to the desktop so I'm not sure what to do lol

ah thank you so much but now after I paste the date/offset/deathdate part in like you have it here my game crashes straight to the desktop so I'm not sure what to do lol

That is very strange... I checked myself and confirmed it.
The savedebug.txt said "ERROR : (Missing = in statement.) '・ソ = -200' Line = 30 file = Mods\Fatherland\db\events\fatherland\ger\ss-germany.txt", a very stange bug indeed.
You should delete those lines and restore the original text. I'll check a solution when I have more free time.

EDIT: It seems like my Japanese Windows was the cause of the problem. I edited the ss-germany.txt with Notepad++ and strictly using the UTF-8 encode and the US keyboard mode and then the problem was gone. I edited my previous code post too.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
That is very strange... I checked myself and confirmed it.
The savedebug.txt said "ERROR : (Missing = in statement.) '・ソ = -200' Line = 30 file = Mods\Fatherland\db\events\fatherland\ger\ss-germany.txt", a very stange bug indeed.
You should delete those lines and restore the original text. I'll check a solution when I have more free time.

EDIT: It seems like my Japanese Windows was the cause of the problem. I edited the ss-germany.txt with Notepad++ and strictly using the UTF-8 encode and the US keyboard mode and then the problem was gone. I edited my previous code post too.

unfortunately, I still have the CTD issue with the edited code...I've gone ahead and restored the original ss-germany.txt for now until an official update comes or we figure it out lol

eventid 666003 may be inconsistent between the decision trigger and the trigger.
"The following decision is now available. Axis wants alliance" on the screen, but I don't see it in the decision tag.

I also found that the eventid 150018 does not fire because the puyi id is 235001 or 235011 or 235012 and not 503001 or 978138.

Hey all, a small update on the state of things:

The next release is in the works, even though it’s probably months away from now. We are introducing new content and mechanics, which take a while to implement; it takes even longer to adapt existing content to them. The new release will include AI improvements, fixes based on previous reports and a bunch of miscellaneous things, but it is centered around three main points of interest:

1. The Cold War
At the moment, this element of the mod is mostly represented by crisis chains (Far East, Switzerland, Abadan etc). But whether Germany and the UN start WW3 over Northern Ireland - or the world just moves on - is determined by random chance. There is no accounting for how good (or how poor) UN/Axis relations are, or for the outcome of previous crisis events. As a result, the Cold War lacks a sense of continuity, of ebb and flow, and it somewhat devalues decisions made over the course of the game.
In order to change that, we introduce a flag/event-based system that tracks decisions relevant to the Cold War and their impact on UN/Axis and UN/Soviet relations. Consequently, when the next crisis hits, the available options will be dependent on the state of those relations. If Omsk and Washington have learned to tolerate each other’s existence, they won’t dive head-first into the abyss for some misbegotten shithole. The reverse is also true: as relations deteriorate, the potential response will shift from mere condemnation or tech/trade sanctions to sabotaging the economy, support of violent dissenters and, as the final measure to contain opposing powers - the next World War.

WrJ5yR9.png

2. China
Current Chinese content is a colorful amalgam. Early Fatherland code co-exists with NWO, EoD, Kaiserreich content as well as more recent Fatherland additions. This eclectic mix does not always work well together, so the aim is to streamline and update this content to be more in step with the conditions of the 1948 scenario. This concerns the Chinese Civil War, UN/Axis/Comintern interventions in the Civil War, China’s post-war recovery/alignment on international stage and CHI/CHC/MAN-specific content.

ILVfM3j.png

3. Generics
Darkest Hour has inherited much from it parent game, Hearts of Iron 2, including limited domestic policy options. Over the years, various modders have labored to add more to it, introducing things like “Taxes”-pseudo slider, decisions like “Invest in…” or “Indoctrination” and others, trying to add more options for a player to customize their country. In order to tailor this part of the game to the Fatherland scenario, these events, as well as domestic policy sliders, have been reworked.

w2fs3ec.png

Thank you all for your interest, reports and contributions.

• 10Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
And now, to some of your questions and suggestions:

Hiro__ said:
When Siberia fought with the USSR, I manually DoW on Siberia, and conquered Kansk, and the Dzhanov Defeat - Romanov event happened, but the NRC inherited all provinces for whatever reason...
And then I manually DoW on the USSR, and conquered all required provinces for the USSR surrender event, but they are taken by the NRC too, so the Soviet Defeat - Romanov event (id 8014277) could not happen.
As the final solution, I used acceptall and manually demand core provinces from the NRC (de facto annexed), and then the event happened.
By the way, the event 8014276 need to edit "command = { type = inherit which = SIB value = 1}" to inherit their armies too (probably need to win the USSR).
NRC has inherited all of the provinces since, due to how Tsardom/NRC alliance events work, NRC becomes the alliance leader. And since NRC has cores on Siberia, they get the first pick on the spoils of war.
The whole anti-communist alliance deal in Russia has been reworked and now functions differently. This includes potential NRC/Tsardom showdown (or merger) and what you get for felling USSR and Siberia as one of anti-Bolshevik minors.

J_Master said:
Speaking of China, I'm wondering as to why the capital at game start is in Beijing, it's indefensible and from 1927 onwards the capital had always officially been Nanjing.
True. It will be Nanjing until Chiang Kai-Shek cowardly flees to Taibei Glorious Generalissimo and True Heir of Sun Yat-sen saves China and moves the government to Beijing.

Hiro__ said:
1) When the Siberia faction diplomatically annexed the USSR, imperial Russia and the far east faction were neglected since then.
Perhaps, the new USSR needs to have an event that DoW on them.
Zhdanov's new USSR already has an event that (re-)starts war with Turkestan as part of its unavoidable congress chain. However if the timing is unfortunate, Zhdanov may inherit poor situation on Turkestan front from previous USSR and end up getting Turkestan victory event.
An exception can be made for Zhdanov being in charge, but making Zhdanov's USSR incapable of losing Turkestan war... It is something to consider going forward.

yelzhaniskakov said:
Could someone upload this mod on google drive?
gurmenc said:
I couldnt download because give me onlay 2 gb download limit also fatherland 2.39 gb
Pako plans to add a Google Drive link for the next release.

ShuggyScotland said:
Also the event of German and Manchurian cooperation keeps notifying me i can activate it in the decisions but its not available there and it continues to notify me of the event even though Manchuria was annexed by commie china.
paveiv said:
+1 with "German-Manchurian Economic Cooperation".
This is fixed in the next release.

Hiro__ said:
In WW3 (the Axis vs the USSR vs the U.N.), the Soviets and the Americans, which was successfully landing in North Germany and conquested them, didn't fight at all (even the Soviets fought with China and Korea, which were on the U.N. side), because the Soviets and the U.S. had a non-aggressive pact until 1960.
NAP with USA and UK are a part of Molotov-specific content, "Securing the Flanks" to be exact. Or rather, it was a part of Molotov's unique events. For the next release, the event was updated to work differently and do different things.

RV-Ye said:
4) I was fighting Russian National Council (they weren't allied to Axis Command), but the Axis Command still got withdrawal from Far East and they actually left their alliance with the Italian Social Republic (they were fighting a civil war in Italy), fortunately enough that didn't matter and RSI still won.
Leaving and entering alliances in DH can get tricky, but this particular case won't to happen again since the crisis in Far East works differently now. Rodzaevsky is a bit too far away to get panzers from Potsdam on time.

RV-Ye said:
10) "Confirm Sputnik Launch" decision has a missing string for the description or so it seems. It also gives +5 industries to Moscow, which could be messy if SOV hasn't recovered Moscow yet (As was the case when I got it). Maybe throw in a trigger to that? If SOV controls Moscow, added there, if it doesn't, added to Omsk?
This is added in the next release.

RV-Ye said:
11) The 4th option in the "Demining" event can't be seen in game, I guess due to the length of text or picture's size.
Limitations on image size/text length is a recurring problem we are trying to catch up with in the future. This particular instance in the next release.

RV-Ye said:
And as a personal suggestion, it would be nice if the tech teams for Fascist China were improved a bit.
China catching up with up-to-date tech is an issue stretching back from the base game. There are a lot of techs to research and the teams are nothing to write home about.
In the next release, once the Good Guys* shoot all the Bad Guys** and win Chinese Civil War, they can go shopping for a new BFF. If successful, new BFF will deliver a few good tech teams... among other things.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Just watched a game as Afghanistan in handsoff. All very nice, but how come so much of the world's countries are prey to tons of dissent?

When World War III broke out, Germany had high risk of riots even in Bavaria, and its effective IP quickly fell to 0 despite still having much of the motherland free. The same can be said of the USSR.

The Allies' only problem in steamrolling both was given by free France, which also had extreme rates of revolt and virtually every month some piece of Africa revolted and became independent

I somehow managed to go the entire Germany playthrough without both Hitler dying and WW3 starting. but i still had a blast!. the only things i would like added are more political power struggles between the different factions. and some more interaction some nations like with Great Britain, Norway, Sweden and Denmark. also a minor issue i had was Hungary won the war against Romania but would not rejoin the axis.