[MOD] Kleio, a Historical Rework of Imperator: Rome (Abandoned)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nope, sorry. I thought I had made a post here but I never seem to have actually done so, its been a hectic time.

I moved across countries and when I had settled into my new life, job, and solved most issues that popped up, I realised modding Imperator in its current state is just a waste of time compared to the enjoyment I get out of it. There's too many broken tools, wierd bugs, hardcoded bad designs, and general annoyances. I'm toying with the idea of maybe making the move to Victoria 3 at some point, which would make for a much more suitable platform for the direction I was trying to take Imperator in anyway. But that will depend on both my own time come release, and whether some elements are moddable or not.

On the other hand, if Imperator gets some fixes I might get back to it instead. I still have all my research notes and the modded game backed-up just in case. But not in this state, with my own time being greatly reduced I just cannot spend my free time dealing with something that causes more annoyance then enjoyment.
You will see that others like invictus, terra indomita and others will have the same end. Imperator does not allow modding freedom for ambitious mods in any way. I said it from the beginning that the problem of the number of tag was discovered. But since paradox is deaf this game will die of not being able to bring more with mods than a few events and decisions, but no big changes.

Reactions:
You will see that others like invictus, terra indomita and others will have the same end. Imperator does not allow modding freedom for ambitious mods in any way. I said it from the beginning that the problem of the number of tag was discovered. But since paradox is deaf this game will die of not being able to bring more with mods than a few events and decisions, but no big changes.
Invictus already proofs you statement wrong, even if it would be abandoned right in this moment (which it isn't - and I would be careful to make an inevitable conclusion from one mod to others) - or do you really want to seriously claim that the current version of Invictus is just "a few events and decisions"? Have you ever played it? With Dementive's additions (you have to keep in mind that core Invictus isn't even doing evertyhing it could, because the devs follow the route to stay close to vanilla for design reasons)?

And now we don't even have talked about Terra Indomita (which only recently started) and Imperatrix Victoria... Are they abanoned or are their signs that they get abandoned? In case of the latter I'm convinced that this become alone popular because some Victoria folks will flock over because of the abstracted warfare in Vic3.

And just to make it crystal clear - I'm not defending Paradox here for leaving bugs in the game or modding tools. I would like to seem them getting fixed as well and yes, IR overall could be more modder friendly. I'm just not buying the argument that every IR modding is instantly, inevitably and completely doomed by the game being left in its current state - as unfortunate as this is.

Reactions:
Invictus already proofs you statement wrong, even if it would be abandoned right in this moment (which it isn't - and I would be careful to make an inevitable conclusion from one mod to others) - or do you really want to seriously claim that the current version of Invictus is just "a few events and decisions"? Have you ever played it? With Dementive's additions (you have to keep in mind that core Invictus isn't even doing evertyhing it could, because the devs follow the route to stay close to vanilla for design reasons)?

And now we don't even have talked about Terra Indomita (which only recently started) and Imperatrix Victoria... Are they abanoned or are their signs that they get abandoned? In case of the latter I'm convinced that this become alone popular because some Victoria folks will flock over because of the abstracted warfare in Vic3.

And just to make it crystal clear - I'm not defending Paradox here for leaving bugs in the game or modding tools. I would like to seem them getting fixed as well and yes, IR overall could be more modder friendly. I'm just not buying the argument that every IR modding is instantly, inevitably and completely doomed by the game being left in its current state - as unfortunate as this is.
Invictus and terra indomita have already started to reduce the frequency of civil wars, provincial revolts and they have turned the dislocation of tribes. It just proves that it's a problem.

Reactions:
Invictus and terra indomita have already started to reduce the frequency of civil wars, provincial revolts and they have turned the dislocation of tribes. It just proves that it's a problem.
I never disputed that there are problems and restrictions and that mods work around them; I just doubt that the conclusion your draw from it ("modding is/will be dead soon")

I never disputed that there are problems and restrictions and that mods work around them; I just doubt that the conclusion your draw from it ("modding is/will be dead soon")
Maybe not dead, but severely limited. For terra indomita I think it will die because it has too large a map which will further limit the possibilities of revolt, and if you remove all the revolts, the game no longer has any interest. There are already no more after 100 years of games because we often already have 4 or 5 large blocks that are only very little at war.

We should all try to move paradox in our direction, instead of fighting over details.

I understand where you're coming from, but there are potential workarounds to the tag limit issue that will be worked on.

There are many mods that are going far beyond event and decision changes - you can check out the Imperatrix industry dev diary for an example, and you'll soon be seeing information about our total trade overhaul.

Imperator has a very versatile scripting language and GUI - where there is a will, there is a way, and you will be surprised by what we achieve. I say this for Terra Indomita, A Broken World as well as Invictus.

• 3Love
Reactions:
Maybe not dead, but severely limited. For terra indomita I think it will die because it has too large a map which will further limit the possibilities of revolt, and if you remove all the revolts, the game no longer has any interest. There are already no more after 100 years of games because we often already have 4 or 5 large blocks that are only very little at war.

We should all try to move paradox in our direction, instead of fighting over details.
From what I see, Terra gives all nations CBs on every neighbour, so there is a lot of fighting.