• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Multiplayer games are evil, wherever you happen to live.

Allow me to explain...

The true beauty of computer games lies in the ability to play alone, without the hassle of actually having to interact with other human beings. :)

So, while I have no problem with single-player games supporting MP, I get really upset when the singleplayer gameplay suffers for it. E.g. Diablo, Quake/Unreal, etc.

At first, I thought that the so-called 'Massively Multiplayer' on-line games would be cool, but then I realized how incredibly annoying most people really are. How much fun is it to play Ultima Online or EverQuest when most people run around swearing, stealing, killing each other and talking of their real lives?

People in general don't understand how to play an RPG; how important it is to stay in character for everyone's sake.

Since I can't run my own UO server and kick out the people who don't behave, I simply avoid those games entirely and blissfully immerse myself in 'Baldur's Gate', 'Master of Orion 2' or good old 'Civilization II'.

/Doomie

Heheh, I am also looking forward to playing EU with my friends. But if EU had been a pure multiplayer game I wouldn't touch it.

/Doomie