• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Flag_of_Cuba.svg

República de Cuba

The Cuban people are very grateful to the Americans who helped liberating Cuba from the Spaniards and then supporting it to become the stable nation we are today. In no way do I want to end our trade relations and I want to stress that it is our trade with the United States that has helped Cuba prosper as it has. But I and my ministers feel that it is time for the Cubans to stretch their wings and take its place in the world market. We believe this will let Cuba's economy flourish and this in turn will make a stronger, more stable Caribbeans which would be in United States interest.

Currently the Platt Amendment has restricted Cuba in the conduct of foreign policy and commercial relations which would make this impossible. We do not wish to tear the Amendment apart, we seek to revise it into a state where the Republic of Cuba is truly sovereign but that the relationship with the USA stays the same.

Signed, President Mario García Menocal