Europa Universalis IV - Hotfix Out Now 1.29.1 (e8b2)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

HottestRod

Associate Product Marketing Manager
May 14, 2018
Hi all!

Thank you all for your feedback since the release of the Manchu Update! Our team is working hard to fix some of the most pressing issues tied to the Update. Here are few fixes:

- Fixed replace_path not working with absolute paths
- Changed default display mode to fullscreen
- Bordeless fullscreen display mode now disables resolution selection
- Show warning when running with outdated mods

Please see this infomation about changes to how mods are handled with the new launcher introduced with 1.29 Manchu!

Problem with the Manchu Update? We have created a list of known issues here.

Last edited:
The game was working fine on 1.29, now the game doesn't even start for me with this so called "hotfix". When I launch the game, the loading screen pops up, and then the game closes itself with no error message.
Hello, this should not be affected by the new hotfix. Since the .exe file got updated, perhaps you are experiencing the same issues as mentioned in this patch, and perhaps their workaround helps you as well?
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rk-after-manchu-update.1247264/#post-25831469

Which OS do you use? Are you using any mods? I assume the crash reporter does not appear for you when the game closes itself?

Game worked on Tuesday and Wednesday, has not worked on Thursday or Friday. Game crashes on the (text free) leader portrait screen.

I have tried:
Booted in all flavors of windowed/fullscreen options.
Ensured that EU4 is excepted from from Avast Antivirus, Malwarebytes, and Windows Defender. I don't think I have any other security programs.
Reinstalled the Launcher.
Reinstalled the whole game.

Any other ideas?

I've tried all those things aswell, seems like the only thing to do is to wait for another hotfix, here I was hoping this was the one...

Hello, can you please look if you have Ransomware enabled in Windows. If you have, please add Europa Universalis IV as an exception to that list. Worked for the user below. Please let us know if this works, we are currently investigating this issue.

I'm having the same problem. I load into the launcher click play and for a half second I see the title of the game before it boots me out entirely. Pretty sure it's just a bug from the update so I would suggest to just wait a bit and see if it gets fixed.

*Edit* After looking through the forums I found this little tidbit that made the game work for me. "Add EU4.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps allowed through list." That last part being what made my game playable. Big thanks to AndrewT.

New launcher still borked on linux (running Ubuntu 18.04), any ETA for fix? It'd be nice to not have to do work arounds to play a game I've sunk thousands of hours and tons of cash into playing. Also since the launcher issues arose with Imperator you'd think it would've been noted and fixed by now.

Hello, sadly no ETA for a fix, but for EUIV you should be able to start the "dowser" through game directory. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, we are aware of this issue.

I am slightly irritated because of different marks. In my launcher I got:"e8b2" as it should be but in the starting screen there are different numbers:View attachment 515160
as you can see in the lower right corner. Does that mean my game has not the hotfix? The game is running well without any problems:)

Hello, this means that you have files that has changed the checksum. This can either be that you have a mod enabled or have edited a file.