[Dev Team] 3.11.2 Patch Released

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX-Loke

Corporal
Paradox Staff
9 Badges
Apr 16, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Magicka
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Prison Architect
  • Empire of Sin
  • Gettysburg
Hello,

Our latest patch is now live and ready for download, fixing most but not yet all of the issues reported from the 'Eridanus' release last week.

Please find the patch notes below.

Balance
  • The Opener for Domination now gives +5% Worker Output and +5% Slave Output instead of +10% Slave Output so Egalitarians and Xenophiles aren’t sad.
  • Versatility Operational Proxies now gives +1 Unity production to Maintenance Drones so that Rogue Servitors aren't left out.
  • Decreased the cost to study (-25%) and pacify (-40%) space fauna.

Bugfixes
  • Ensure dead leaders are properly removed from their location so that new leaders can replace them.
  • Fixed Federation Emissaries and GalCom Delegates not assigning correctly and not being replaceable when dead.
  • Acquiring the Colonization Drones from the Chemical Wasteland Astral Rift will no longer lead to discovering Noxious Swamps (or other natural blockers) on Habitats (or other planets that shouldn't support these blockers)
  • Corrected Adaptability Enhanced Recycling tooltip listing a 10% reduction instead of the 15% reduction.
  • Corrected the finisher effect for Domination giving -15% Empire Size from Pops in some cases
  • The finisher for Diplomacy now correctly says it gives +10% Diplomatic Weight instead of +10 Diplomatic Weight
  • Fixed an issue where the "On the Origins of Nanites" special project didn't spawn.
  • The Chosen will now declare a war of Cleansing on whoever breaches their wormhole
  • Fixed habitat capital buildings given the wrong number of defensive armies
  • Mining districts on machine worlds should no longer claim to give scrap miner drone jobs
  • Fixed anomaly.7200 having repeated flags in their switch.
  • Cartographer II and Cartographer III are now correctly recognised as councilor traits
  • Fixed modifiers to mining and research station upkeep incorrectly attempting to reduce the upkeep of the planet they were orbiting
  • Science ship auto explore feature with astral rifts sometimes skipped unexplored ones
  • Fixed the icon for the Great Researcher trait
  • Fixed Holy Covenants not giving High Priest jobs in some cases
  • The Shallash system will now spawn properly again.
  • You will no longer be able to engage in pre-FTL diplomacy with pre-FTLs not within your borders
  • Homicidal empires will now properly annex pre-FTLs that are foolish enough to become space faring.
  • Bio-trophies are no longer affected by Noxious Twice.
  • Fix lack of evasion on sapient torpedo comp.

UI
  • Fixes the background selector for rulers being set incorrectly in the leader category of the background selectors

AI
  • Fixed AI leaving federations only if the federation has 2 members or the AI empire's type is unplayable.
  • Fixed AI never asking to leave Hegemony federations.

Stability
  • Fixed potential CTD in quantum catapult rendering
  • Fixed crash upon startup that could be caused by write-protected user directory.
  • Fixed CTD that sometimes happens when finishing species modification.
  • Fixed CTD when using console command dump_event_data and the output file is not writable
  • Fixed CTD in leader names after loading a savegame
  • Fixed CTD that may occur when updating diplomacy for countries without diplomacy
Modding
  • Added FEDERATION_DISBAND_THRESHOLD and FEDERATION_DISBAND_PLAYER_THRESHOLD defines, which define the AI's threshold for leaving a federation if it would be disbanded.

• 13Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Differences between this version and the one mentioned in Dev Diary (all added, no removed)

• Ensure dead leaders are properly removed from their location so that new leaders can replace them.
  • Fixed Federation Emissaries and GalCom Delegates not assigning correctly and not being replaceable when dead.
  • Fixed AI leaving federations only if the federation has 2 members or the AI empire's type is unplayable.
  • Added FEDERATION_DISBAND_THRESHOLD and FEDERATION_DISBAND_PLAYER_THRESHOLD defines, which define the AI's threshold for leaving a federation if it would be disbanded.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Can we please get a fix for the annoying ship building process splitting build orders? It's been there for quite a while by now, and it takes unbearable micromanagement to "fix it" yourself during the end game, when you're fighting wars or a crisis...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks, any chance you guys can take a look at these bugs as well? No idea which you already have logged :

Last edited:
  • 12Like
Reactions:
Hi. The development team has done a lot of work with the balance of the game in the latest patch. Many such problems were visible a year or two ago. Such as, for example, discounts on the fleet.And only until this problem was raised to the absolute, when we received so many discounts that the fleet turned out to be free, the problem was never solved.It was only after the devastating failure of patch 3.10 that real action was taken. But how many players left the game, whose hopes of correcting the balance were dashed with the release of even more absurd modifiers, of which there were already many.But why bring it to this? The whole community keeps saying that something needs to be done urgently with the balance. However, the developers kept saying that balance is not the main thing, and the target audience is single players.I hope that the second such mistake will not be made again, otherwise it may turn into even bigger problems for the game.Here are my suggestions that need to be corrected. All of them relate to the excessive rate of leveling up the leaders.

Genius Armorer
Now it gives 100 to armor and 100 to shields. Also +20% hardening. Leaders they raise the level very fast. Just upgrade 3-4 leaders and your fleet is invincible.
The fact is that hardening is a third-tier technology. It is not so easy to get it. However, this leader, in addition to increasing the volume of shields and armor, gets such a big bonus to hardening
In my opinion, the increase in shields and armor can be left. You can even increase both indicators to 150, but hardening must be removed.
Otherwise, it completely devalues technologies that have now become much more difficult to obtain.
All players have a question. Why should I study science when I can just upgrade the leaders to LVL 8?

Here are other changes that are also related to the experience:

Philosopher king.
Now she gives the following: ruler skill +5, Councilor exp +3%Given that Oligarchic gives +2 skill, as well as Councilor exp +5%, authoritarian empire types automatically lose out in the opportunity to receive commensurate Councilor exp.My suggestion is as follows. Either weaken Oligarchic by 1 percent, or strengthen Philosopher king by 1%. But of course it is better by 2, but even 1% will significantly affect the result.

Heroic Past
The initial idea was very good. Now this civilian model is very weak.I see two solutions. To preserve the spirit and idea of this model, you can add an additional modifier of war fatigue, depending on the level.The second option is to make sure that he gives not 1 leader, but two each.Of course, my favorite option was the one that gave an additional random feature. But I understand that the current concept is different.

Here I have discussed the problems that arise from the experience gained by leaders. Although the experience acquisition system has improved in recent updates, however, it still has too many problems.
The oligarchy is too strong. Either you need to weaken it, or give alternative sources of experience. Even if you change the oligarchy Councilor exp +3%, instead of 5, it will still be very strong.
However, +5% exp is without an alternative option forcing the player to play exclusively on it.

Thanks for your attention! These are very important changes that need to be fixed as soon as possible. They can be fixed in 5 minutes. If you need any help, I could even make a mod in which I would touch the balance not only of these civilian models, but of all of them. I have played over 4 thousand hours, and I could share my experience with the development team.

Reactions:
Paradox's balance updates confuse me sometimes
Starting from 3.7, the mechanical tradition has tried to reduce the number of Maintenance Drones as much as possible. This is a good thing since maintenance Drones are too suck.
Maintenance Drones + 1 Unity is somewhat contradictory compared to previous changes.
I would rather make Bio-Trophy a real Bureaucrat

Envoys are now commanding Improved Relations, it doesnt tell me what they are commanding in the Envoy screen, just Commanding.

Civilian Difficulty now grants resources from station +50% (v3.11.1 was +100%).
Is this change intentional?

common/static_modifiers/00_static_modifiers.txt (v3.11.1)
Code:
difficulty_civilian_player = {
    stations_produces_mult = 1.0
    planet_jobs_produces_mult = 1.0
    country_naval_cap_mult = 1.0
    planet_stability_add = 20
    trade_value_mult = 1.0
    first_contact_speed_mult = 0.2
}

common/static_modifiers/00_static_modifiers.txt (v3.11.2)
Code:
    station_gatherers_produces_mult = 0.5
    station_researchers_produces_mult = 0.5
    trade_value_mult = 1.0
}

Hello,

Our latest patch is now live and ready for download, fixing most but not yet all of the issues reported from the 'Eridanus' release last week.

Please find the patch notes below.

Balance
  • The Opener for Domination now gives +5% Worker Output and +5% Slave Output instead of +10% Slave Output so Egalitarians and Xenophiles aren’t sad.
  • Versatility Operational Proxies now gives +1 Unity production to Maintenance Drones so that Rogue Servitors aren't left out.
  • Decreased the cost to study (-25%) and pacify (-40%) space fauna.

Bugfixes
  • Acquiring the Colonization Drones from the Chemical Wasteland Astral Rift will no longer lead to discovering Noxious Swamps (or other natural blockers) on Habitats (or other planets that shouldn't support these blockers)
  • Corrected Adaptability Enhanced Recycling tooltip listing a 10% reduction instead of the 15% reduction.
  • Corrected the finisher effect for Domination giving -15% Empire Size from Pops in some cases
  • The finisher for Diplomacy now correctly says it gives +10% Diplomatic Weight instead of +10 Diplomatic Weight
  • Fixed an issue where the "On the Origins of Nanites" special project didn't spawn.
  • The Chosen will now declare a war of Cleansing on whoever breaches their wormhole
  • Fixed habitat capital buildings given the wrong number of defensive armies
  • Mining districts on machine worlds should no longer claim to give scrap miner drone jobs
  • Fixed anomaly.7200 having repeated flags in their switch.
  • Cartographer II and Cartographer III are now correctly recognised as councilor traits
  • Fixed modifiers to mining and research station upkeep incorrectly attempting to reduce the upkeep of the planet they were orbiting
  • Science ship auto explore feature with astral rifts sometimes skipped unexplored ones
  • Fixed the icon for the Great Researcher trait
  • Fixed Holy Covenants not giving High Priest jobs in some cases
  • The Shallash system will now spawn properly again.
  • You will no longer be able to engage in pre-FTL diplomacy with pre-FTLs not within your borders
  • Homicidal empires will now properly annex pre-FTLs that are foolish enough to become space faring.
  • Bio-trophies are no longer affected by Noxious Twice.
  • Fix lack of evasion on sapient torpedo comp.

UI
  • Fixes the background selector for rulers being set incorrectly in the leader category of the background selectors

AI

Stability
  • Fixed crash upon startup that could be caused by write-protected user directory.
  • Fixed CTD that sometimes happens when finishing species modification.
  • Fixed CTD when using console command dump_event_data and the output file is not writable
  • Fixed CTD in leader names after loading a savegame
  • Fixed CTD that may occur when updating diplomacy for countries without diplomacy
Modding
Bootstrapper Error: Couldn´t start launcher!
:(

Civilian Difficulty now grants resources from station +50% (v3.11.1 was +100%).
Is this change intentional?

common/static_modifiers/00_static_modifiers.txt (v3.11.1)
Code:
    stations_produces_mult = 1.0
    trade_value_mult = 1.0
}

common/static_modifiers/00_static_modifiers.txt (v3.11.2)
Code:
    station_gatherers_produces_mult = 0.5
    station_researchers_produces_mult = 0.5
    trade_value_mult = 1.0
}

I've fixed this for whenever the next patch goes out.

• 2Like
Reactions: