Cradle of Civilization - Content Pack

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

Carlberg

Lead Environment Artist - CKIII
Paradox Staff
40 Badges
Oct 17, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Paradox Order
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Dungeonland
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Magicka 2
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV
As-salāmu ʿalaykum, peace be upon you! The time has come for us to have a look at the new Content Pack for Cradle of Civilization. This time it's eastern Anatolia, Persia and the Arabian peninsula that have had the focus.

Peninsula Unit Pack
Cradle_Render_1.png
Cradle_Render_2.png

The Bedouins of the Arabian peninsula weather the harsh climate of the deserts. There's the Najd of the central desert, the Omani of the eastern edge, the Yemeni in the south towards Africa and the Hedjazi that hold the holy sites of Mecca along the Red Sea. Will their path be to create an Arabian empire like never seen before? Or will they bend the knee to the Ottomans and Mamluks?

Persian Unit Pack
Persian_Render_1.png
Persian_Render_2_fix.png

Persia, the lands of an an ancient culture, have seen many conquerors come and go. Now it is about to be torn apart in a violent succession struggle between the many princes of the Timurid Dynasty. Perhaps Persia will be united once again, whether by these princes or someone new putting an end to their squabbles. Smaller states like Hisn Kayfa and other Kurdish states are also looking towards a greater past, to restore their place in the region.

The Rivers Unit Pack

Rivers_Render_1.png
Rivers_Render_2.png

As the Timurid princes fight on over the Persian lands the ancient lands of Mesopotamia lie forgotten. The Black and White sheep, two feuding tribal federations, have come to rise in there wake of Timur's death, eager to fill the vacuum left behind by the great Amir. To the south, across the Great Syrian Desert and along the gulf coast, the Jabrid Emirs of Haasa and the Rashids of Jabal Shamar are extending their control over the Arabian trade networks.

That's it for this time, if you have any questions or thought's you're welcome to share them in this thread.

Can Iraq be formed? If so do they have unique skin sets?
Iraq been a nation in the game quite a long while. Don't think they have unique art though I'm afraid.

sorry, dumb edit because I forgot Dev tag.

Here's some requested info on clones: :)

Peninsula Unit Pack:
Oman
units are also used by Yas and Hormuz.
Yemen units are also used by Mahra, Hadramut, Rassids, Najran and Aden.
Hedjaz units are also used by Medina and Mikhlaf.
Najd units are also used by Dawasir.

Persia Unit Pack:
Afghanistan units are also used by Baluchistan and Sistan.
Kurdish units are used by: Hisn Kayfa, Ardalan, Luristan, Soran and Bitlis.
Tabarestan units are used by: Gilan, Biapas, Shirvan and Mazandaran.
Persian units are also used by Ajam, Ardabil, Fars, Isfahan, Kerman (Revolter) and Yazd (Revolter).

Rivers Unit Pack:
Aq Qoyunlu
units are only used by them :)
Qara Quyunlu units are also used by Tabriz (Revolter) and Maregheh (Revolter).
Haasa are also used by Mushasha, Iraq (Revolter) and Basra (Revolter).
Shammar Units are also used by Anizah and Fadl.

Some old unit packs have also been mapped to more tags to fill up the region and its many new countries a bit more:

Horsemen of the Crescent Unit Pack:
Persian Cavalry units are now used by Ajam, Ardabil, Fars, Isfahan and Yazd.
Great Hordes Unit Pack:
Timurid Units are now also used by Khorasan and Transoxiana.
Black Sea Unit Pack:
Circassian units are now also used by Avaria and Gazikhumuk.

Looks good. Will certainly breathe some new life visually in the Muslim States. I think my favorites are the Hejaz units.
Will some of this sprites be cloned? And for whom?
so what clone units will the other nations use?
Too bad there's no skins for Iraq, but the rest is pretty great.

I hope these questions have been answered in my above post :)

Can Iraq be formed? If so do they have unique skin sets?

Iraq does not really make sense as a formable but as you can see they will use one of the new sets of unit models if they revolt.

They look really great! I am a tiny bit disappointed that none of the Caucasian states (Georgia, Armenia, Gazikumukh, Avaria, Shirvan) are getting art though. Circassia got art in The Cossacks but otherwise the Caucasus seems to have fallen through the cracks because it's neither the steppe nor the Fertile Crescent.

I hope we can fit in more of the Caucasian states in a future unit pack. The region was not entirely intended to be overhauled in this DLC, as the patch and DLC focuses mostly on the Islamic world, but I went there anyway during the map overhaul as it was warranted and made sense to include.
As you can see we will at least be extending the Circassian units a bit in the northern Caucasus for now as they are a better fit than the generic sprites used previously.