Content Update 1.1.0 is LIVE on retail!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I am very, very disappointed in this. These are nice buildings, but there is absolutely no way for me to control where I want them. The fact that you cant plob buildings (residental, commercial...) has stopped me to even play this game.

If you chose to use these European buildings, it means that your city will ONLY have them, and that is a ridiculously stupid decision by CO. I can't see any logical answer why we can't have plobbable residental, industrial and commerce. Right now i can't make the cities that i wan't.

It would be nice to have old town area with these wall to wall buildings, some modern suburbs with nearly identical buildings and so on, but no.
There should be own zoning areas for different themed of buildings, there should be easier way to limit buildings level up (I know that there is a mod for that but you have to go trough every single building).

Please, correct me if I am wrong.:(

Concerning plopping each building individually, this isn't really the design intention of Cities: Skylines as the game is meant to be a simulator. Although I definitely understand the joy that comes from carefully designing each city block to perfection, it's probably not something that CO is going to design the game around. Many players have said that this type of gameplay was unenjoyable in other city builders (like Cities XL for example), so we are basing this off of feedback.

Hello, thank you for the update. Really appreciated. As others have stressed I'd like to be able to use these European buildings in all my maps as doesn't that go against custom created maps? Also have a blend of variety of architecture in your city makes it more appealing. This shouldn't be restricted to one map. Also, love the tunnels. One gripe you can't go down them in first person mode? Which to me is pretty disappointing. Even in Cities XL you could do this. The fact they look black is also quite bland and would look better if you could see down them. Thank you for the update and bug fixes. These are my opinions, just like you I want the game to be the best. But I think these are fundamentals flaws in the updated DLC.

As for the feedback concerning European buildings being limited to a biome (and tunnels), we appreciate it! I can see from the many comments in this thread that it is disappointing to you. CO certainly didn't intend to disappoint, as they worked hard to make something new for you. I hope you believe that. As we do with all feedback, it will be heard and considered. I'm not promising it will change, but we DO value your feedback. Please continue posting constructively, thanks!

Deeply dissapointed to see that the saving crashes aren't listed as fixed.

I'll give the game a try later this week to see if they've been resolved.

The bug was properly reported like months ago, it makes the game unplayable. :(

"saving crashes" is a very broad term that many people use to describe a whole host of issues. Some people give us detailed information, and we look into it and try to find fixes. Others simply say their game crashes, and then later we find out it's because they are trying to run the game on a computer far below minimum requirements. Or maybe it was a mod conflict. Or possibly they closed Steam before it could properly save to the Cloud. So many reasons, but often times people just assume it's all one cause.

My point is that we have been fixing the most serious technical issues of Cities: Skylines. Please be more specific as to what "saving crashes" you are experiencing =) We genuinely want to fix any technical problems you are experiencing, but we need your help to do so!

I think picking out 'special favorite mod authors' is a mistake. You're making way for the creation of a super special club full of big egos to thrive with no real benefit to anyone on the whole. Let there be an opt-in beta program for anyone who fancies themselves a modder and leave it at that. I've been through and a part of modding communities crossing multiple decades now and I've seen how badly egos can sour communities.

You bring up a good point, but our main goal here isn't to select or prioritize mods. In a way, the community is doing that by subscribing. These are the most popular mods, therefore they're going to give people the most trouble when they don't work correctly, which leads to more people coming to us asking why their game doesn't work. Thank you for your suggestion though, I'll pass it along and see what the pros/cons of doing so would be.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.