• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX_Pariah

Community Manager
Jul 21, 2020
Howdy all!

As you know, our team at Lab42 has been hard at work compiling and addressing all the feedback and reports that you have made in the past few months. While not every single report makes into production, we have been keeping track and working on making sure as many issues as possible are being addressed.

With that in mind, we are proud to announce that Console Update 6 is now available! As always, we recommend that you finish your current game before updating and make sure your saves are fresh when you start a new game after updating.

Without further ado, here is your Changelog:
  • A fix has been implemented to the war armour of the characters in the barbershop so they are sharper and more defined.
  • Improved the Notifications in the Notification Panel sometimes showing the wrong tooltip after exiting advanced tooltip mode.
  • Fix for "Open Legacies" text in the Dynasty window. Should now be more readable as the text is larger and white.
  • Updated "Search for Physician" decision popup window to display the correct colour and font.
  • Fixed the text in the "House" tab in the "Dynasty" window. Text is now clearer and "Dead House" text and background now fits the window correctly.
  • Fix for text colour and general small UI fixes in the Dynasties window. Text is now clearer, fixed some overlapping UI for the Progress Bars on the legacies and along the bottom of the scrollbar.
  • Updated the Tenets in Create Faith to help navigate the menu, such as which Tenet you have selected and which one isn't available to select
  • Minor visuals updates of the 'Holy Sites'.
  • Minor visual updates to the "Other Faiths" screen have been made.
  • Updated the text and UI of the Fervor section in the Other Faiths tab to be easier to navigate.
  • Made several small visual improvements to the Domain menu.
  • The Martial heading value now displays correct skill total value, previously was displaying the value for Stewardship instead.
  • Increased size of skill header and set the text to be bold to improve readability, and set the bracketed text to be gray italic to match our design documents.
  • Moved base skill value text into the same block as the other skill value modifiers to match our design documents.
  • Changed Base: "value" text to be bold white, was originally bold gray.
  • Added bullet points to the skill value and effects breakdowns to make it clear that they are part of a list and to match our design documents.
  • A visual update has been made to the Grant Vassal menu.
  • Minor update on the visuals of the "Host as Honored Guest" screen.
  • Added in a new dim background that shifts focus to the message box when a new player joins the multiplayer game.
  • Added in a new dim background that shifts focus to the message box when attempting to kick a player.
  • Updated the Exit Window for Multiplayer so it is much clearer to see.
  • Updated the UI in the Create Faith menu to remove purple lines that were present when viewing the menu.
  • Updated the scroll bars in the barbershop drop down menus to ensure they are the correct size.
  • Made the text in the Letter Event popup scrollable with the right analogue stick.
  • Update text on "Out of Storage" window, while saving the game.
  • Updated the settings screen to reduce the empty space above the `Controls` button.
  • Fixed an issue where the player couldn't close the Faith Conversion window unless they were highlighting the Convert to Faith button.
  • Fixed the layouts of the Mass Action buttons in the Prisoners tab so they are no longer scrambled.
  • Fix for Japanese play as any ruler Text. The text appearing on the right panel in play as any ruler screen with no character selected now wont overflow the window and be more readable.
  • Updated localization for various languages to include if a player has an active raid in the raid tooltip or the player has reached the end.
  • Updated the New Game screen to ensure the date tab animations display correctly.
  • Fixed the Demand Council Position window so it is gamepad navigable.
  • Improved the formatting of texts in the Military sub menu to make it easier to read.
  • Visual update for Military Tab in Active Wars Banner
  • Visual update for Change Title Name Popup
  • Visual update for Changed Title Popup text.
  • Visual update for background of title in Titles Menu
  • Added a backing box for 'Capital' in the titles tab.
  • Visual update for Changed Title Popup text.
  • Visual update for background of title in Titles Menu
  • Added a backing box for 'Capital' in the titles tab.
  • Added Support for JP localization to all SKUs.
With all that in mind, we are still gathering your input and feedback and making sure we address them, so keep that feedback flowing! Until then, we look forward to all the fantastic adventures and interesting tales you have from game.

Cheers for now,

-SP

• 6Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Lmao so once again. PC players get a huge update and news going forward, while us console gamers get another patch of half fixes while not even announcing any form of roadmap for dlc.

At this point I promise you console gamers would rather have bugs and character creator then the "repairs" we keep getting while waiting for news nevermind waiting for the actual dlc

• 9Like
Reactions:
Lmao so once again. PC players get a huge update and news going forward, while us console gamers get another patch of half fixes while not even announcing any form of roadmap for dlc.

At this point I promise you console gamers would rather have bugs and character creator then the "repairs" we keep getting while waiting for news nevermind waiting for the actual dlc
A properly working product is preferable to the broken, buggy mess sought by the devs rushing out content.

• 5Like
Reactions:
This is just sad, at this rate we will get the first dlc in 2024... I bought the game and season pass on console now I feel stupid

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
More fixes are appreciated, but what I would really like to see is information on how and when console is going to start catching up to the PC patch version?

When are we going to be able to assault a fort, or search for any character in the game, for example? If I'm not mistaken, those came in an early PC patch, so the fact that they (apparently) still don't seem to be here indicate that the console edition is still running around a PC 1.0 version?

If that's true, it is pretty incredible If you stop to think about it. The decision that someone senior at paradox made to launch the console edition at a PC patch level 1.0 and with all the console-specific bugs that it had is pretty outrageous to begin with, but to be 6 months post launch and still be at or near 1.0? It's embarrassing, not to mention brand damaging. Makes me unlikely to ever buy another paradox game at launch, and much less inclined to buy DLC in general.

• 7Like
Reactions:
A properly working product is preferable to the broken, buggy mess sought by the devs rushing out content.
Playing min 4 hours a day and i have no issues. No save issues, no lag , nothing. what I do have issues with is waiting for basic features that should have been done before it was released on console. 2.5 half months it took to release character creator on PC. Hitting 6 for console now and not even a roadmap for dlc.

But you want a working product? Maybe they shouldn't release a product that takes months to fix bugs for when it takes weeks on PC ? Or don't release it on console at all if you don't intend to support it the same way you do PC.

• 8Like
Reactions:
Would love to see the roadmap for future as well. I whole heartedly agree with some of these comments^. We haven’t even reached PC 1.0, the game is a blast I’ve been wanting to play for years but never had the motive to go out and buy a PC but if I wanna play it properly I’m inclined to still try and go buy a PC. There is absolutely no comparison to the console version, and at this rate it’ll be years before we see Northern Lords…Appreciate the work as it’s getting better but left in the dark about it as a fan is quite dull and makes the game much less fun

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hello all!
I see many complaints about the console version, and yes, it’s sometimes disappointing that we don’t have the same level of updates compared to PC.
But, it’s still good to have this type of game on console. In addition, devs continues hard work to correct bugs and add new features. It seems they deserve congratulations time to time.
So, I say bravo to the teams! Thanks to have brought grand strategy game like CK3 on console!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Please, finally, in the console version, enable the title and claim expansion window in the character browser, like it is in PC version, because now I can only view primary titles but nothing else.

Attachments

• Console.png
    Console.png
    2,6 MB · Views: 0
  • Pc.png
    Pc.png
    374,5 KB · Views: 0
  • 5Like
Reactions:

Speak for yourself man. The game just came out on console. It needs these little fixes before It can do big updates or a roadmap for anything

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hello all!
I see many complaints about the console version, and yes, it’s sometimes disappointing that we don’t have the same level of updates compared to PC.
But, it’s still good to have this type of game on console. In addition, devs continues hard work to correct bugs and add new features. It seems they deserve congratulations time to time.
So, I say bravo to the teams! Thanks to have brought grand strategy game like CK3 on console!
How do I dislike this? Don’t you understand that most of us bought the game and the expansion pass for nothing? 75$ to play the basic game which is behind by at least 8 months

• 7Like
Reactions:
How do I dislike this? Don’t you understand that most of us bought the game and the expansion pass for nothing? 75$ to play the basic game which is behind by at least 8 months
I don't think you can dislike it sadly. also Patience is key in all things, especially here. I understand you're upset. I do $75 just to wait is absurd but hear me out. The game came out like 6 months ago. It needs these little updates before It can get the big fun ones. And definitely before It can get DLC. There's all kinds of stuff to account for like controls. Will the console run it okay There's so much to do. Just patience. Enjoy what you've got for now or play something else. I don't care but harassing and being mean to the developers isn't going to help. It's probably Just going to make things worse

• 3Like
Reactions:
Stellaris on console had the great silence and alot of us thought it was abandoned. It'll take a while and will probably get worse after northern lords, but they'll start rolling content out. Hopefully

• 3Like
Reactions:
I don't think you can dislike it sadly. also Patience is key in all things, especially here. I understand you're upset. I do $75 just to wait is absurd but hear me out. The game came out like 6 months ago. It needs these little updates before It can get the big fun ones. And definitely before It can get DLC. There's all kinds of stuff to account for like controls. Will the console run it okay There's so much to do. Just patience. Enjoy what you've got for now or play something else. I don't care but harassing and being mean to the developers isn't going to help. It's probably Just going to make things worse
I have no issues with the devs patching glitches and bugs, but why charge us extra for something that we don’t even have a release date on? They keep announcing event pack and whatnot for Pc while we Console guys just sit in silence and twiddle our thumbs? It’s just crazy at this point that not even the first Dlc has been announced. They keep saying later this year, which at this rate I strongly believe it will be out by march next year

• 3Like
Reactions:
Speak for yourself man. The game just came out on console. It needs these little fixes before It can do big updates or a roadmap for anything
Game came out in march. Sept 1st now. Months later and not even a roadmap for dlc but your happy with these minimal ui fixes?

Nevermind they decided to release a port of the base version of their PC game when they could've released it at a higher version for what reason?

Poor planning by a developer just trying to cash in on a console port

• 2Like
Reactions:
Well still having the save file issue, still no DLC, still no proper view on it all.

To be honest it looks like LAB42 is not being able to fix the issues, do note that we are all very happy that they are working hard on it not because if they did give a shit the save file issue would have at least been solved, honestly if they did give a shit they probably would have found it out themselves when testing the game unfortunatly this is not the case.

We just have to accept that we were ripped off of 75€ as asking an refund from the playstations store is impossible. Deleted this game yesterday evening after the 6 time all saves were wipped out. They are so many bugs I wont even mention them as it is impossible for example having an Genius treat which eventually lose stats after reaching 16, yes it is seriously happing check this for yourselve if you dont believe me it is hard to notice due to the stats change of reaching 16 but it is really happening, it are small stuff but you can probably fill like 5 pages of word documents.

Have an good day all this is my last post here

Thanks!

Reactions: