• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Scyvh

Private
59 Badges
Dec 21, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Sengoku
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Empire of Sin
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
Thought I'd try to get one of my final elusive achievements before CK3 hits, but "The Frisian Coast is Long" is still not triggering. I've even done a couple of Charlemagne runs to get it, but to no avail. I've quadruple checked for lost baronies, but can't seem to find any.

Would someone mind helping out and casting an eye on those pesky counties? (I've included counties like 'Hadeln' (the top of Bremen) which online guides don't include but might have been added to this achievement along the run). I really need this achievement :)

It's a Harald into Holy Smoke into Slavic Union into Empressive into Outremer run; the current empress also holds the Kingdom of Frisia. Other achievements fired and iron man is still on.

frisiancoast.jpg

Attachments

• Ironman_harald_norway.ck2
    23,4 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Minor update before I give up for tonight, below is the achievement text. I have gone through all of them; only c_hardsyssel I can't place. It's probably Skagen or Varde with (c_jylland) being the other one. Still have all of them then though; unless c_hardsyssel is hiding somewhere.

has_landed_title = k_frisia

completely_controls = c_french_leon

completely_controls = c_tregor

completely_controls = c_penthievre

completely_controls = c_rennes

completely_controls = c_avranches

completely_controls = c_caen

completely_controls = c_evreux

completely_controls = c_arques

completely_controls = c_eu

completely_controls = c_ponthieu

completely_controls = c_boulogne

completely_controls = c_guines

completely_controls = c_yperen

completely_controls = c_brugge

completely_controls = c_gent

completely_controls = c_zeeland

completely_controls = c_breda

completely_controls = c_holland

completely_controls = c_westfriesland

completely_controls = c_sticht

completely_controls = c_gelre

completely_controls = c_overijssel

completely_controls = c_frisia

completely_controls = c_ostfriesland

completely_controls = c_bremen

completely_controls = c_dithmarschen

completely_controls = c_slesvig

completely_controls = c_hardsyssel

completely_controls = c_jylland

Last edited:
The CK2 wiki shows a list of the province names for this on the Frisian coast achievement. Had a look at the save and you have all the counties. Using the Chancellor's Sow Dissent mission highlights where independent rulers are and there are no rogue independent baronies anywhere in the coastal provinces. Frustratingly the ironman save looks like it might simply have bugged this time around and you might not be able to get any more achievements this run.

Reactions:
Thanks a lot for taking the time to look Ashlantean! And for teaching me a new trick to check for independents.

Going forward from that save has triggered other achievements so the save is not bugged; so I must be missing something that others have that have gotten the achievement. I checked an achievement website and it showed other players have gotten this achievement as late as August 2020, so the achievement itself fires.

It might be that I have all the latest dlc and they don't; I think something might be up with those 2 new coastal provinces (north bremen and varde).

One line summary of your issue
Frisian Coast is Long Achievement not triggering with all requirements met (and all dlc)

Game Version

What expansions do you have installed?
Jade Dragon, Monks & Mystics, The Reapers Due, Conclave, Horse Lords, Way of Life, Charlemagne, Rajas of India, Sons of Abraham, The Old Gods, The Republic, Legacy of Rome, Sword of Islam, Holy Fury

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
In a quest for the final achievements, The Frisian Coast is Long continues to elude me. After several attempts, and having some very kind people here looking at my saves in the general forum, I think it might be a small bug due to some of the new provinces added on that particular coastline.

I have all counties, all baronies, the achievement has been firing for other people, and achievements are not broken on the saves of several playthroughs.

I don't know why it is not firing. A quick glance on a website that tracks steam achievements shows it has fired for people as late as August 2020. I think it might have to do with some new provinces added on that coast in Holy Fury, so perhaps the achievement is firing for people playing without Holy Fury.

I have attached the most recent save, and below are the links to my forum posts (which also include the saves):

My latest attempt:

My older attempt:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...t-is-long-achievement-not-triggering.1328001/

Steps to reproduce the issue.
As king of frisia, hold the relevant coastal provinces without independent baronies in the latest build.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Ironman_harald_norway.ck2
    23,4 MB · Views: 0
  • frisiancoast.jpg
    frisiancoast.jpg
    1,7 MB · Views: 0
Download your save game and turn off ironman for debugging, I found it does meet all requirement the achievement needs.
Maybe grant a target province independent and take it back later, seeing if the achievement triggered this time.

Attachments

• ck2_34.png
    ck2_34.png
    4 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Using the Chancellor's Sow Dissent mission highlights where independent rulers are and there are no rogue independent baronies anywhere in the coastal provinces.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to look Ashlantean! And for teaching me a new trick to check for independents.
Thanks, I was also unaware of that technique. I took a look at this about 24 hours ago using my variation on LordPeter's fake mapmodes mod, which allows me to check for counties not controlled by top liege, and none of the relevant counties showed as being not completely controlled by you. Then I crosschecked all of the county references in common/achievements.txt against the title IDs, and they seemed to match, so I was left scratching my head.

Unfortunately, I tried out your tips Aerotinge, but it's still refusing to fire. Maybe it's a bug, but the weird thing is that it looks like people have recently gotten the achievement to fire anyway.

Below is the achievement code from the version of the game I'm on, 3.1.0. In cases where the internal name of the county is different than what is displayed in-game, I added the in-game after the # symbol. From your screenshots it looks like you already own all of Europe, so it's confusing to me why this achievement hasn't fired. Stupid question - does your ruler personally hold the k_frisia title? I don't think this will work if a vassal holds that title.

FYI - If you start up a new game, and turn off Ironman mode, you can use the console to examine the internal names for various titles. Use the "charinfo 1" command to allow you to display these names, and type the same command again to toggle that view off.

Here is what it looks like with charinfo enabled- you can see that the title name of "Skagen" is actually c_jylland in the game files.

frisian_coast.jpg

Code:
# "The Frisian coast is long" - Be King of Frisia and hold the Atlantic coast from Léon to Jylland.
FRISIAN_COAST = {
    possible = {
        is_ironman = yes
        is_alternate_start = no
    }

happened = {
        has_landed_title = k_frisia
        completely_controls = c_french_leon    # leon
        completely_controls = c_tregor
        completely_controls = c_penthievre
        completely_controls = c_rennes
        completely_controls = c_avranches    # mortain
        completely_controls = c_caen
        completely_controls = c_evreux
        completely_controls = c_arques
        completely_controls = c_eu
        completely_controls = c_ponthieu
        completely_controls = c_boulogne
        completely_controls = c_guines
        completely_controls = c_yperen
        completely_controls = c_brugge
        completely_controls = c_gent
        completely_controls = c_zeeland
        completely_controls = c_breda
        completely_controls = c_holland
        completely_controls = c_westfriesland
        completely_controls = c_sticht
        completely_controls = c_gelre
        completely_controls = c_overijssel
        completely_controls = c_frisia        # friesland
        completely_controls = c_ostfriesland
        completely_controls = c_bremen        # hadeln
        completely_controls = c_dithmarschen
        completely_controls = c_slesvig
        completely_controls = c_hardsyssel    # varde
        completely_controls = c_jylland        # skagen
    }
}

Last edited:
@eastcoastceojam
Yeah, he holds it personally. I've tried another playthough (5th time; see attachment) with a fresh install, but it's still not triggering.

@Yxklyx
I guess the only thing I haven't done is start a playthrough as the count of Frisia and make them King of Frisia; it's always been other rulers conquering Frisia. But I did check online, and most stories are of people getting the achievement when doing Charlemagne. I've just tried a quick playthrough (attachment) to see if I didn't form the empire of Francia and took Frisia as the main title it would trigger, but no luck so far.

Attachments

• Ironman_West_Francia3 FR.ck2
    6 MB · Views: 0
Hi Scyvh, for the Harald save it is showing a crown on the save when going to load it up. Hovering over the crown it says the save was started using a featured ruler which shows up on featured ruler/monarch's journey saves. As far as I knew these had to be played under Bronzeman conditions and achievements were disabled in bronzeman mode. Could that be the issue?

For the West Francia save it is showing as broken for me so can't load it up - possibly a language issue. However that save is showing as both created with random world enabled and from a featured ruler. There are a few random/shattered world specific achievements you can get in random/shattered games but the vast majority of standard achievements like Frisian Coast is Long would be disabled in this game mode. Though if this save was started from a featured ruler, bronzeman may be blocking all achievements.

Are you on the latest version of CK2? Do those random world and featured ruler badges show up for you if you go to load one of these saves yourself? I'm on version 3.3.3 (SOHY) and I no longer see any featured rulers or am able to get that badge on new saves.

Attachments

• franciasave1.png
    franciasave1.png
    324,2 KB · Views: 0
  • franciasave2.png
    franciasave2.png
    140,7 KB · Views: 0
  • haraldsave.png
    haraldsave.png
    254,5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hi Scyvh, for the Harald save it is showing a crown on the save when going to load it up. Hovering over the crown it says the save was started using a featured ruler which shows up on featured ruler/monarch's journey saves. As far as I knew these had to be played under Bronzeman conditions and achievements were disabled in bronzeman mode. Could that be the issue?

Oh yeah, noticed that but I think he said he got other achievements with that save. Maybe the fact that he got the other ones is bugged.

However that save is showing as both created with random world enabled and from a featured ruler.
*ahem*
The Featured Ruler tooltip is for the crown and brown fist icons of the autosave of another campaign below
the Ironman save file for West Francia. Nonetheless, the Random World part is of course still enough to disable
general achievements.

PS :
The Harald save has, as you said, likely the problem with Featured Ruler being required and there i got the idea
maybe additionaly or because the feature is not working in patch 3.3.3. Achievements might still work in 3.3.2.

Last edited:
@eastcoastceojam
Yeah, he holds it personally. I've tried another playthough (5th time; see attachment) with a fresh install, but it's still not triggering.

@Yxklyx
I guess the only thing I haven't done is start a playthrough as the count of Frisia and make them King of Frisia; it's always been other rulers conquering Frisia. But I did check online, and most stories are of people getting the achievement when doing Charlemagne. I've just tried a quick playthrough (attachment) to see if I didn't form the empire of Francia and took Frisia as the main title it would trigger, but no luck so far.

I got mine a few months ago, when playing as the Emperor (well, Grand Prince, but same difference) of Italia, so no, you don't need to start in Frisia or have it as your primary title.