• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BernhardTheUgly

Corporal
64 Badges
Sep 21, 2013
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Majesty 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Magicka 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Umbra Sapiens is now aiming at expandind the timeline to the 1st of December 1640, more features and content proposals are welcome. The progress is fast but the work load is massive, right now the new start dates are not functional. As we speak a team of highly trained monkeys is working hard at adding more content to the mod. I am in the habbit of letting the game play it selft and taking pictures of the result to see how my changes afect the game, such pictures will be posted in this thread.

What has been done so far:
Many historical monuments added all over Asia
Dynasties, cultures, names , titles and you name it for American and Africa
Added two portuguese holy oders
Different branches for chinese/korean and japanese traditional religions
Elephants all over tropical/subtropical continental Asia as special units
Fixed not being able to build trade posts on trade routes because they are not on the "Silk Road"
Added a "Primitive" government that is just there to prevent those regions from bloobing into a giant empire. It is not meant to be played.
Also there is an event that kills irrelevant characters in courts with primitive government to give you an extra 50 years before speed 4 stars lagging(Joke)
Removed horses from Australia/America/Subsaharan Africa
Removed wasteland from Siberia and Americas
Fixed ugly coat of arms everywhere
Raindeer warriors for the far northeastern cultures with bonus on snow and artic
Fixing the strange trade routes in africa and america
Protestant denominations with varied playstyles(Unitarian, Lutheran, Methodist, Arminian, Baptist, Reformed, Anabaptist, Anglican, Hussite}
Historical Reformers like Luther and Jan Hus and Counter-Reformers like Loyola.
Events that relate the spread of protestantism. Not all denominations are the same and some only show up in America.
Changed Africa over, more provinces, more accurate cultures and cultural names for titles.
Jesuits, and Ursuline monastic orders, Grand Council for Reformed and Arminians religions
Toggleable colonial income events, colonial expansion events, colonial CBs, wars of religion CBs, russian unification CBs, siberian conquest CBs
Decisions to change historical flags for Portugal, decision to form Castille and Leon, more flavour decisions for Portugal, decision to create the United States of America which makes you great at expanding in America, made america have a lot of cities if colonized
Fixed the wrong terrain on most of the map(Some new provinces might have the wrong artic terrain bug, this is caused by negligence from the person who made the terrain map)
Expanded map to the whole world including many islands
History until 1337 for most counties has been added with only a handful of artic islands missing
Reworked trade networks in the Americas and in Africa
Expanded rains all over the tropical and subtropical climates of the world
Expanded tattoos to Native Americans
Added custom holding graphics for Native Americans
Added Monument's 3D models present in vanilla to the map
Removed some graphic mods from other authors and changed vanilla assets around to increase immersion
Fixed bug where Monument's 3D model would not show up in parts of the map created before this feature was in the game
Fixed not being able to load saved games without messing up the game
Changed portraits a bit

Knights of Christ
Untitled.png

The New Kongo
ck2_3.png

The New Guineas
ck2_1.png

American Empires
new stuff.png

China
Chinese Imperial reworked with 29 voters based on historical government offices
Confucian Bureaucracy reworked and implemented
Confucian Academical path added
Taoist/Shenjiao/Confucian were fused into one
Represented instead through branches
New CBs(Invasion/Imperial reconquest/Chinese subjugation)
Uses decadence
Localized provinces in the kingdom of Dali, former Wei duchy and Kingdom of Jing which had weird, probably computed generated names.
Can persecute Buddhists
Laozi bloodline for the Tang(Li) dynasty
Confucius bloodline added as historical as possible(Sadly you can't add negatives birhtdates and Confucius was alive like 600 before Christ)
After much struggle the great wall has been added in
Only missing icons for gunpowder units/balancing and event chain that gives rulers acess to these units without an harsh "date =>" condition
This is how have depicted gunpowder so far:
pomegranate archers and fire arrows ---> fire lancers ---> handgonne ---> hand cannon
(I think the handgonne and hand cannon are completely broken and must be rebalanced eventually)
us6.png

umbrasapiens2.png

dsadasd.png

Korea
Korean Imperial created based on Chinese Imperial with Korean historical offices as voters
Historical Korean Buddhist branches added
New CBs(Imperial reconquest/Korean subjugation)
Uses decadence
Changed Mohe portraits
Great Korean wall can be built

Japan
New imperial government with many voters based on Japanese historical attempt at implementing confucianism
Religion changed so that the Emperor is the head(Might get buggy sometimes)
New Japanese feudalism
Hara-kiri/Sepukko
NEW CBs(Imperial reconquest/Japanese subjugation/one province conquest for Japanese feudals/sea province conquest for every shinto)
Ronin trait for dishonorable characters and historical Japanese Buddhist branches
Emperor can retire to monastery
New Shinobi and Soheis societies
Changed Ainu portraits
Jimmu bloodline for the Yamato

South East Asia
Added castes to hindu rulers in South East Asia that could not find partners because they had no caste
Added Mandala government for south east asian hindu/buddhists which starts with maxed out tax focus
Changed portraits forIndonesians/Indochinese and Australoids.
Australoids divided into some that use African clothes and some that use south Indian clothes
Made many cultures in South East Asia seafaring and created an event that gives them ships to raid around(based on the viking event)
Might actually get rid of that and just add dive them shipperies all along but can't be bothered to mess with the History files of every province.
umbrasapiens1.png

Planed features:
More historical characters
Make gunpowder units available to most cultures through event chain
Add the Almoravids and Almohads as hordes
Make the game crash less
Very low priority:
-More provinces around the world
Remove crusades after a certain date

Please suggest stuff to add

Attachments

• umbrasapiens3.png
    umbrasapiens3.png
    592,6 KB · Views: 0
  • us4.png
    us4.png
    140,2 KB · Views: 0
  • new provinces.png
    new provinces.png
    2,2 MB · Views: 0
  • sdasdsad.png
    sdasdsad.png
    2,3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 8Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
If you guys need help with mod development, then I'm an experienced CK2 coder, and I'd be willing to help, contact me on discord, my username is Malware, and my hash is #0124
I have been working mostly alone even though several people have offered to help. Mostly I have been fixing stuff done by other people in the many years and hands this mod went through and am reticent about working with others as I don't really see the utility vs time cost of coordinating and dealing with the organisation. I will add whatever you send to the mod if it is cool and if you make a submod I will eventually contact you asking to add whatever you change to my mod if it is good stuff.

Very cool! My main initial observation is that character portraits for Southeast Asians should be more similar to Indians than Chinese. The region was very Indianized culturally, ethnically, and religiously throughout all of this era and were physically described by external travelers as "black".

Even the native/descended populations throughout Southeast Asia today are still very dark. Modern city populations and upper class are now light-skinned and East Asian in appearance because of large migrations from China from the 1800s beyond.

Source: https://books.google.com/books?id=W6HsDwAAQBAJ

1688781104847.png

Very cool! My main initial observation is that character portraits for Southeast Asians should be more similar to Indians than Chinese. The region was very Indianized culturally, ethnically, and religiously throughout all of this era and were physically described by external travelers as "black".

Even the native/descended populations throughout Southeast Asia today are still very dark. Modern city populations and upper class are now light-skinned and East Asian in appearance because of large migrations from China from the 1800s beyond.

Source: https://books.google.com/books?id=W6HsDwAAQBAJ

View attachment 1003339
I ask for suggestions for actual content and the only thing that you can come up with is "Muh indochinese are not brown nough" lol
I am not an artist so I can't help you with that. If you feel like contributing you can allways make a submission and I will add it in.

Last edited:
Anno 1760

Start date 1337 or Late Middle Ages

Political Map

ck2_map_2.jpg

Spain has spread over the historical regions through their "Send Conquistador decision" and subsequent conquest of north america. Portugal seems to have spread out from its historical region and held on to Ormuz. Angola, Mozambique had excelent development but Brazil does not look very impressive. West Africa has been snatched by Britannia which did not form the UK The HRE disapointingly incorporated and owns their usual part of Venezuela and the French Quebec. Chernigov is pretty big but Russia has not been able to form, Teutonics are still around, China collapsed and never got back up, Japan is doing the usual, Korea actually exists but his rulled by a japanese emperor. Egypt is a crusader state like usual because crusades are too OP(Will be limited next release)

Religion Map
ck2_map_3.jpg

The world is mostly catholic and muslim with several native religions surviving in south america, west coast of america and alaska, southern africa, Chuckchy amd Kamchatka, and lastly Australia.
There are Unitarians in Hungary like usual, the UK was anglican for a long time but converted back to catholic, Lutherans(Dark Blue) moved to russia for some reason and the Reformed(Light Blue) live in Bulgaria that spreads across anatolia as well.

Last edited:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Anno 1750

Political Map
ck2_map_5.png

This time Spain still spread around pretty neatly, France is actually still alive which is surprising, England however decided to implode. The HRE dominates a lot of central Europe and has spread through conquest in South America and Arabia. Portugal is found in small enclaves around the world and Korea decided to go ahead and conquer Taiwan and a part of the Philippines.
In this game we already see the impact of turning off crusades at later start dates. the sultanate of Africa was never totally conquered by Christians. For me that is really nice and seems balanced.

Religion Map
ck2_map_6.png

Religionwise we can see Catholicism is stronk but Lutheranism has become the official religion of the Empire, Islam holds sway over most of Africa, India and Indochina. Buddhism is around mostly in the steppes. Small branches of Protestantism like Baptists have arisen in some parts of america and orthodoxy is going through a understandable crisis.

Facit
I think making Ethiopian, Coptic rulers immune to Muslim holy wars would go a great length to preserve the diversity of Africa. A future decisions to form a Modern state of Russia seem to be a necessity. Vanilla mechanics can't really handle this historical event. A decision that would boost temporarily their moral authority would serve them well in compensating for the fall of the Byzantine Empire. Reloading the game seems to cause the immediate collapse of the Spanish Empire shortly after start. I was thinking adding creatable new deDure divisions like New Spain or New Granada might help curb this tendency. Not exactly shure how to stop the AI from giving away their home Kingdom when they own the Empire but that might help a lot Portugal and Spain.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Can I help you with bugfixing? Do you have this on Git? I don't need to change anything or add anything, just want to help fix the mod and perhaps help it run better too.

I was trying to avoid asking you, but since you are still working on it I feel like you are invested in making this work well, and I can help.

Can I help you with bugfixing? Do you have this on Git? I don't need to change anything or add anything, just want to help fix the mod and perhaps help it run better too.

I was trying to avoid asking you, but since you are still working on it I feel like you are invested in making this work well, and I can help.
I would totally appreciate any help with bugfixing. I don't use GitHub although a person I met on steam did upload it there under the auspice of us working together. To be honest I am to impulsive to be relied to work on team. On the other hand I can sit down and read through genealogies and wikis for fun. As I state on the mod's workshop everyone is free to pick up my mod and make their own distribution or take any part of it they might be interested on.

The main problem I have is CTDs when looking at anything between north western steppe or Europe. This happens sporadically and not always, so far I have not been able to determine the cause. Sometimes crashes also happen when changing to the trade route map mode later on and when clicking on random province in south america, but those are rare.

There are other smaller bugs I have like typos and stuff but I think that is not what is causing this. I used to have a problem with saves screwing the game up because I wrote na integer that was to big to be an integer. Newbie mistake. Another bug that I have not fixed but simple put out of the game were consistent crashes caused by going after 1200. This was being caused by something in the new buildings I created.

Ok. Should I download off of Steam, and message you fixes/files fixed? Can you add me as a friend, so I can PM these.

Anno 1630

Political Map
ck2_map_3.png

The Holy Roman Empire took advantage of very liberaly given Siberian conquest CB as is well visible, Russia still did not form ... , Francia formed which is a first and even ruled over Castille and Leon for a while. Portugal colonizing Brazil and holding on to Ormuz and Malacca. Britain is a mess. As Spain did not form the new world remains untouched by conquistadors. Bahri enjoyed care free expansion into weak African lands, same did Japan in Siberia.
India bloobed into muslim and then broke, then on of the sucessor states bloobed into indochina. Teutonics are looking pretty good. Funnily enough a Geniminid house rules over formerly Hussite Bohemia.
France did not colonize because of an error in my part. The events that make them get free land in America where checking only for holders of the kingdom of France. This title was destroyed when they founded the equivalent empire.

Religious Map
ck2_map_1.png

Orthodoxy was stronk this time, Catholicism had a bad run but I am impressed that they managed to not be plagued by heretics late game. Protestantism spread around the Germanic speaking world like it should. In the recently founded British colonies we see a fresh crop of Baptists spawning.

Since last time only bugs have been fixed. Work proceeds towards expanding the timeline.
An idea I got was adding Sikhs. We will see about that in the future

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Anno 1685

Political Map
ck2_map_1.png

Islam is very strong, even stronger than in other timelapses. HRE and Hungary are everywhere which is quite disconcerning. Scotland colonized quite sucessfully but had Nova Scotia stolen by France recently. The Bourbons deffinitly were the strongest colonizer this time around. Britannia exists because England conquered Ireland... which isn't even in Britain? Anyways they had a pretty bad run and could not even hold on to their possessions in America being pushed out by the Reformed Algic pagans. That is the big orange theocracy on the east coast of north america. Castille did not form Spain so they did not have acess to conquistadors. Their attrocities limited themselves to the caribbic and Florida. The HRE is making me have second thoughts about letting them Klein-Venedig...
Portugal held on only to Malacca, Mozambique and parts of Brazil. The brown stain in the middle of the Mamluks is Ethiopia still alive ahaha.

Religious Map
ck2_map_2.png

Yeah pretty green. france is anglican too. The Reformed Algic faith triumphed in east North America, Reformed Mayan is making its way up north. Orthodoxy is neglected. Hindus and buddhists strangely held on to indonesia.

I need to help Spain form somehow for the gameplay to improve. Maybe a Castille and Leon title with empire level should become available once they own Hispaniola. Another problem is nonsense AI distribution of titels in the new world. I might be able to reduce this by making decisions whereby you can fuse all those new world kingdoms into dejure colonial entities like New Spain or Brazil. making those kingdoms much more powerfull will help them against native americans and make them very likely to delcare independence once independent

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
This mod is great, especially for someone like me who loves the scope of EU4 but not so much the mechanics. Is this thread the best place to stay up to date on any changes?

Reactions:
This mod is great, especially for someone like me who loves the scope of EU4 but not so much the mechanics. Is this thread the best place to stay up to date on any changes?
This and the workshop page yes. I am currently working on expanding the timeline. My work rate is about 500 characters per week and I have done about 4500. I estimate just to have the royals of Europe I will need little under 10000 characters added to the game. So you can imagine it might take a while for me to release anything. No idea how many more I will need for detailed less important families, specially if you consider the insane amount of, for example, rulers of Genoa or governors of Ceuta. Ahaha

Reactions:
Anno 1770

Political Map
ck2_map_3.png

Spain got jijaded right at the beggining of the game but it did get back up. It colonized central america and the carabbean. Sadly succession and a renewed islamic offensive into Castille caused them to collapse. A cool thing is they got to use their ability to create colonial nations like New Spain before they left the game.
Russia also formed but it is ruled by a German prince. Their growth was stunted and slow due to AI. All the while the steppe was subdued by a fearsome republic of Genoa. Not exactly sure what happened to them but I guess they were later annexed by the HRE.
England seized upon the power vacuum in america and did a decent job of conquering the east coast.
Portugal is strong in west Africa, but it also owns some land in India and Arabia

Religious Map
ck2_map_4.png

As we can see there is a very boring Cathar supremacy in Europe and America with some sprinkles of Protestantism here and there. Only Argentina, after gaining independence from Spain, seems to have retained Catholicism. Not surprising since they are a theocracy.
Buddhism holds sway in Asia, Africa is Muslim but it is interesting that the usual Mameluke and Turkish Indian blobs imploded
Sadly we did not get to witness the AI secularizing the Teutonic State because they did not become Lutheran and use the decision.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Anno 1640

Political Map
political map.png

New ottoman mechanics have been put to great use by the AI, they will probably get a nerf again eventually.
Messing around with the decision to form Russia did not help them very much. Cossacks have also not helped a great deal.
Spain did alright until it got booted out of, well, Spain.
Prussia can be seen where it should be. For once the AI did not screw up the forming of the country and somehow they managed to claim the throne of Sweden, which as you might notice has a dark Prussian blue.
Nothing new on the rest of the world.

Religious Map
religion map.png

Muslims did very well as expected now that they have extra help of the Ottoman rise. Calvinism is stronk in the HRE, Scandinavia is Lutheran and orthodoxy looks a little bid sad.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: