• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
Hi,

I started a new official thread on this as I wanted to make sure you all saw this. The Majesty 2 release date has been pushed one week to ensure we can get the game out on all channels (Wal-Mart has a bit longer lead times for instance). So the new in stores release date for Majesty 2 in English speaking Europe, US and digital download is September 18.

The pre-orders went up as planned though today on all portals except for Steam that wanted to wait until Sept 3rd.

I can also confirm that we will release a demo on Sept 15 at 9am PST (6pm CET, 5pm GMT).

Kind regards
Susana Meza

Last edited:
This annoys me. Even as a fan of the original Majesty, I want the demo to see if it's still as good as I hope, if it will RUN, and whether I wish to pre-order. Releasing the demo a mere 3 days before the full version seems...flawed.

This annoys me. Even as a fan of the original Majesty, I want the demo to see if it's still as good as I hope, if it will RUN, and whether I wish to pre-order. Releasing the demo a mere 3 days before the full version seems...flawed.
I think it's a a display of good will to release a demo at all. If you're unsure, just wait until the demo is out and decide after. I think this concept is both fair and reasonable.

I think it's a a display of good will to release a demo at all. If you're unsure, just wait until the demo is out and decide after. I think this concept is both fair and reasonable.

I think he was speaking about the pre-ordering. I mean the fact he has to pre-order without the demo to test it first. But i understand the reluctance of companies to release demos. Its a well know fact, that if the demo sucks, it lowers the sales :)

I remember back then in 90s, when you usualy got demos several months before the final product hit the stores.

I think he was speaking about the pre-ordering. I mean the fact he has to pre-order without the demo to test it first. But i understand the reluctance of companies to release demos. Its a well know fact, that if the demo sucks, it lowers the sales :)

I remember back then in 90s, when you usualy got demos several months before the final product hit the stores.
I'm sure he was. I still think the options available are fair. There's no need to pre-order if one can't afford to buy a potentially weak game. I think it's a good trade-off.

Considering the larger budgets and the sometimes low profit, it's no surprise the demos of the '90s are gone.

I'm sure he was. I still think the options available are fair. There's no need to pre-order if one can't afford to buy a potentially weak game. I think it's a good trade-off.

Considering the larger budgets and the sometimes low profit, it's no surprise the demos of the '90s are gone.

Buyin' a game without tryin' it is gone.

I'm a bit upset in buyin games that with a simple 10 minuts demo i'd never have bought.

'Cause people who will buy Majesty 2, i think, are 80% fans of Majesty 1

And not all the people who played Majesty 1, now, has the same free time in theyr lives :D

3 days is different from 10, then.
Are you saying that you want to try the demo before you buy the full, and you don't want to have to cancel your pre-order just because you don't have enough time to preview the game? :confused:

The pre-orders went up as planned though today on all portals except for Steam that wanted to wait until Aug 3rd.

Aug 3rd? is this a typo? That seems like a really long time to wait. you make it sound like steam wanted to wait as well not paradox is this correct? If it is steams decision to wait can you tell me why by chance?

This is what we have to live with in the internet generation. Instead of games having to be bug-free and stable a couple of months before release so that there's time to produce a demo that will at least play well even if its not content-complete, now they may not go gold until shortly before the shipping date. Nor does gold mean stable and free of major bugs any more. If you're going to have to issue two bug fix patches within days of release to get the game playable, then issuing a buggy, unstable demo is just not a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starblight View Post
Aug 3rd? is this a typo? That seems like a really long time to wait. you make it sound like steam wanted to wait as well not paradox is this correct? If it is steams decision to wait can you tell me why by chance?
It should say September 3.

Thanks for the quick reply and the good news.

This is what we have to live with in the internet generation. Instead of games having to be bug-free and stable a couple of months before release so that there's time to produce a demo that will at least play well even if its not content-complete, now they may not go gold until shortly before the shipping date. Nor does gold mean stable and free of major bugs any more. If you're going to have to issue two bug fix patches within days of release to get the game playable, then issuing a buggy, unstable demo is just not a good idea.
Internet Age, or is it just that making and testing games takes a lot longer now?