• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ijtzoi

Second Lieutenant
82 Badges
Sep 6, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
NOTE: Paradox's flag-swapping feature currently does not persist through saved games. I am confident that they will eventually fix this feature and thus make this mod useful beyond a single save-game; until they do, be prepared to have any save games uses the non-Anglo-Saxon versions of flag on load.

Anglo-Saxon Flag Swapper​
Are you tired of seeing the flag de Normandie fly over a fresh-unified England that's never heard of a Norman? Annoyed that the kingdom of Wessex avoids its historic golden wyvern, but unwilling to let that same flag rule the duchy of Somerset? Do you miss the old flags of Gloucester and Hereford, before Paradox stuck them with Hwicce and Mercia's flags, even in the 14th century? Also want Dyfed to use Pembroke's flag sometimes despite it not fitting the mod's title? Probably not, but I did, so I made this mod and might as well release it!

This mod uses 2.2's flag-swapping feature to allow a few titles in England to switch between Saxon and Norman/English flags, depending on who rules them. Anglo-Saxon flags dominate the isles until the Norman invasion; start after the invasion? English flags instead! Start at Stamford bridge? If William wins, all flags under Norman control swap. Manage to reclaim the isles for the Anglo-Saxons after the Norman invasion? The flags switch back!

Norman - Saxon
pjhouCH.png

Download Link: View attachment AngloFlags.zip

And if anyone knows of any designs for other Anglo-Saxon kingdoms or English duchies that they feel should be in this mod, I'd be glad to add them.

i was unaware flag swapping was ever intended as a feature for anyone besides pagans. could i get some more insight, or some linkage to this intended flag swapping talk?

Very nice, if only more flags could be made accurate!

i was unaware flag swapping was ever intended as a feature for anyone besides pagans. could i get some more insight, or some linkage to this intended flag swapping talk?
If you have Charlemagne, keep an eye on the Kingdom of Lombardy. Firstly, it's called the Kingdom of Lombardy, while effectively it's still k_italy and if you want to cheese things in the console you'll still have to use k_italy instead of k_lombardy. Secondly, the Kingdom of Lombardy doesn't use the Kingdom of Italy's flag. Both of these tricks are held in the title history for k_italy in the following entry:
Code:
565.1.1={
	holder = 190124 #Alboin
	name = LOMBARD_KINGDOM
	adjective = LOMBARD_KINGDOM_ADJ
	effect = { set_coa = k_lombardy }
}
The name is set with "name =" and "adjective =", and that set_coa command is what switches around the flag. Bot that command and "reset_coa" are legit commands that can be used in events; reset_coa is used in the Fall of the Lombard Kingdom event, which flips the flag back to Italy's usual flag and name.

It looks like Paradox finally fixed the flag-swapping feature. Maybe someone should send them this mod?

Last edited:
Reactions: