• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Thure

Chartularius Hamburgensis
54 Badges
May 13, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • 500k Club
  • Darkest Hour
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
Welcome to MAP+ A New Historical Map!

So. The map mod is dead, long live the map mod! Welcome too my new version of my old map mod.

Features:
  • A completely new map with many more provinces than in CK2 Vanilla!
  • Play on any date between 769 and 1517!
  • New playable cultures like Frisian, Cornish or Sicilian!
  • Maybe an expansion to Indochina and China as optional addition!
  • More things I likely missed to mention!

Table of Contents (clickable):

Credits:

Last edited:
Reactions:
Francia

The first region is finished (without the history files). The first look on the new map is Francia! Firstly the Charlemagne and Carloman split in 769:

c73hlfi8.png

And because this is more interesting for you (I think so)... The de jure maps!

tus5hxut.png

omgvlms4.png

reyb6yyb.png

And some detail maps:

Brittany & France

Burgundy & Provence

Aquitaine

Informations:
I will give more informations later! But first I want to see what the people here can spot on the map!
Ony interesting fact: The regions with the most holding slots are Flanders, Swiss and Provence. Provence has many church holdings (and some cities in Marseille). In later start dates Swiss will start with many many castles. And Flanders? Will have cities! A lot of them!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Thure, could you use an image host like Imgur for the images, it'd make them far easier to browse. A few of them redirect to a file upload side when you try to open them in a new window.

Yes, an incredible map! I've watched this thread for a long time and hope that this map is a success! I have LOTS of historical flags, especially for France and I would be happy to help with this mod in that department, if needed.

Good work so far, will be interested to see how it turns out. Are the colors codes currently in the final ones?

Oh I missed one point: The Kingdom of France will be Neustria in the 768 start date :)

Following for sure! Show off the British Isles or Germany next!

The chances are higher for British Isles! And then Iberia/Italy. Germany will have to wait a little bit longer.

Thure, could you use an image host like Imgur for the images, it'd make them far easier to browse. A few of them redirect to a file upload side when you try to open them in a new window.

I will try it!

Looks yummy. Though the three Burgundies look odd (yes I do know they represent the Landgraviate, the County Palatinate and the Duchy^^). And Gascogne is not in Francia?

Yes Burgundy... They all use a different title. But it's strange. But it are 4 Burgundies at the moment... County, Duchy, Landgraviate and the Rectorate. And we have the Kingdom of Burgundy! Maybe the Landgraviate will turned down to the Province name of Oberaargau and the duchy renamed to Aargau. For the Rectorate Transjurania would work in the earlier start dates. And I would change the colour more to make them more seperate. I hate this Burgundies... There are to many of them in history :(

And Gascogne... At least in the 768 start date it's still part of Navarra/Vasconia. Later it will be part of Aquitaine and Francia (most likely I will add Lotharingia/Austria to Francia too in 768.

Yes, an incredible map! I've watched this thread for a long time and hope that this map is a success! I have LOTS of historical flags, especially for France and I would be happy to help with this mod in that department, if needed.

That would be nice. I mostly use WappenWiki and Wikipedia for the search. Or google. But help would be nice.

Good work so far, will be interested to see how it turns out. Are the colors codes currently in the final ones?

No. I will maybe change some of the colours later. But I try to use colours who are fitting for the country. Like Burgundy (and its shades) for Burgundy. Or Bleu de France for France. But only if it look well.

what is mapsize ?
still flat map ?

Map size is 3584x3072 with India. Without it would be 3072x3072. And yes currently it's still a flat map.

Thank you!

Interesting fact: The Provence will have some nice start dates. After 1216 Marseille will be an merchant republic for a short time. And... Fraxinet! Yes. A small territory of the provence was Muslim ruled from 889 to 973. Can you make Burgundy Muslim? In our history they even occupied Susa and Grenoble for a short time. But will you survive? (I found this so interesting I had to add Fraxinet in the game, even it's a little bit greater than in RL).

Last edited:
Thank you!

Interesting fact: The Provence will have some nice start dates. After 1216 Marseille will be an merchant republic for a short time. And... Fraxinet! Yes. A small territory of the provence was Muslim ruled from 889 to 973. Can you make Burgundy Muslim? In our history they even occupied Susa and Grenoble for a short time. But will you survive? (I found this so interesting I had to add Fraxinet in the game, even it's a little bit greater than in RL).

i noticed this province, it is indeed a nice idea. but i don't think they really "owned" other provinces around, it was more some pillaging or occupation (Alps passes)

i noticed this province, it is indeed a nice idea. but i don't think they really "owned" other provinces around, it was more some pillaging or occupation (Alps passes)

Yeah. But some of them were 'owned' for some years. Some of the northern areas were not owned, yes.

http://histoireislamique.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/arabiitalia.jpg?w=705
http://ballandalus.files.wordpress....piraterie_sarrasine_par_philippe_sc3a9nac.png

At least Fraxinet will be Muslim. What I do with the other provinces... We will see.

maybe some isolated holdings here and there but i am not sure how viable it could be. Christian lords barely did (or couldn't) do anything against them for years but with ck2 rules it can be quite different.

looting mechanics (allow looting to a specifcly new created muslim heresy) could be nice too, but it might somewhat flawed i guess.