• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to write the next three updates and think about this again after that. I haven't played beyond that point, but I'm sure there'd be more material for future updates. In the end it's up to whether I'm in the mood for writing or not, and I'll get around later to asking that question from myself.
--

As for what to play next; how about Littlefinger, using the same start date as before?
As awesome as Littlefinger is, I'm not that interested in his scenario. Sure, as a player you can actually do awesome as him things unlike the AI-Petyr, who only marries Sansa either to himself or Harry and then sits quietly for the rest of his life. I've been thinking of a Stark AAR from Rickon's POV, because the world needs more Frey pies. That won't happen anytime soon, however, if ever. I'll reconsider starting another AAR when I've come to an end with The Little Cub, or when Winds of Winter comes out and the mod is updated with a more recent scenario.

On the subject of ending the story, I believed from the very begining that it would conclude with the live of King Tommen. The countinuation under the boy prince seemed fitting thoug (he alsowas a Cub king, after all).I doubt that the third player character would be in the same circumstance, so ending the AAR in some point in the life of prince Arry. Besids that, the exact moment would depend, in an ideal enviroment, on wether you can find a point that is climatic/anticlimatic/conclusive enough. If you have read "And now my watch is over" you know that and ending in the middle of a character life is entirely feasible, and a very good one, besides.

That goes from the story side of the issue. Now, from the personal side: the only advise I could provide is: take it easy, and do it as it better fits YOU. The public will always be eager for more, and if you put a provisional closure to part IV with chapter 40, and then want to resume it, it will be alright and we voracious readers will leap over it as if a day hadn't passed. The important thing here is that you don't get burned by the story. It is, has been, and potentially would be a very good and enjoyable one, and the first priority should be to ensure it keeps that way. Again, that goes from a sincerely humble opinion of a mere reader and fan.

Either way you will be very welcome. I eagerly wait for the next update
You made many excellent points, and I'll take them into notion. Thanks for such a thorough answer!

How could you end it ? House Badics never rose to power.

It was a good AAR. Very much enjoyed reading it.
Heh. My style of playing was based around preserving the canon dynasties in power. Your family would've met a bad end if they'd crossed the Arryns and Arry! But as mentioned, don't let your hopes down.

If you start a new AAR in AGoT, i might have some interesting scenarios for you. First of is House Vikary (AFFC Start). Bastard Branch of the famous House Reyne. I more then once played with the thought of a revenge Story after Tywins death. Then there is House Oldflowers. After the inevitable extinction of House Florent in the AFFC Start the last ture Gardner blood that survives.

I would also love to see how you "play" female characters.

But that'sonly my "wishlist". ;)

If you start a new AAR in AGoT, i might have some interesting scenarios for you. First of is House Vikary (AFFC Start). Bastard Branch of the famous House Reyne. I more then once played with the thought of a revenge Story after Tywins death. Then there is House Oldflowers. After the inevitable extinction of House Florent in the AFFC Start the last ture Gardner blood that survives.

I would also love to see how you "play" female characters.

But that'sonly my "wishlist". ;)

Both are only minor houses, aren't they? It sure would be interesting, trying to climb all the way to the top. We'll see.

So far both characters have been soldiers. Only a fool lets the AI raise the heir. So since Tommen had received martial training, it was natural to me that Arry would be groomed under him. Well, the guardian ended up being Balon once again and he did a pretty nice job once again. Writing from the perspective of a woman might be interesting indeed.

I will miss this AAR!

Just curious but why did you youse regular text sometimes and italics other times?
It's to separate the text types from one another. Mainly the text that is in italics describes what happens inside the character's head. There's always a main character in the update, and most of the time that's been Tommen or Arry. Part 39 was an exception in which I tried a different way of storytelling. In that the normal text was about the present moment, whereas the text written in italics was a flashback.

As long as the AAR lasts long enough for us to see Arry on the Iron Throne, I'll be one happy camper.
;)

The Little Cub
Part 40 - King's Landing

--

After two weeks on the Kingsroad, the capital of the Seven Kingdom was finally in Arry's sight. It's been four years since I last walked the streets of this city I grew up in. He gazed to the horizon where the Red Keep loomed over the city. The ocean behind it appeared as grey as the sky above - it was raining for the fourth day in row. ''I never liked the smell'', said Ser Guyard, being as honest as ever, and steered his mount next to Arry's. The prince but smiled, replying: ''To me, it smells of home.'' Despite being a kingsguard, Ser Guyard Buckler's place had been at Arry's side for years. My father appointed him my personal bodyguard when he left to the Stepstones - a journey from which he returned in a coffin. Guyard was a hard and hotheaded knight, but also a marvelous swordsman with a good sense of justice and an honest mouth. His father was a lord and his father before him. One day Ser Guyard would've taken that mantle as well, had he not donned the white. It was a curious thing how someone was ready to give up his birthright when Arry had spent most of his life planning to take it back.

Storm's End had fallen two days after Arry returned to the siege camp. The look on Ser Guyard's face had been worth seeing when he saw Arry, unscathed. The guilt of leaving his pregnant wife and children behind had crept on the way back, and it had only strengtened by each day and reached it's peak when Durran and Aemon came running to him, asking where he'd been. Malora hadn't said anything about his runaway, but then again she was a quiet woman who traditionally kept her opinions to herself. She's not even a woman yet, Arry corrected himself. Only a girl who's been given a woman's duties. She was eighteen years old, whereas Arry was five years elder. She'd born in Storm's End during the time Edric was its lord, and clearly was confused to walk its old hallways once more after so many years in the capital. I never established such a connection with her like with Lyra. Our marriage was made on political grounds, not out of love. Her wheelhouse passed Arry and Ser Guyard who were both on horseback. ''An hour, and we'll be beside a hearth with a cup of wine in our hand'', the Prince encouraged the knight beside him and steered his steed out of the roadside.

Delicate-Dondarrion, only a lord in name after the siege, was nowhere to be found when the gates of Storm's End had finally been opened by the starved defenders. His army was scattered and his keep taken, but I let it be know that as long as he surrendered all titles rightfully belonging to me due to my Baratheon blood and promised to uphold the king's peace, I'd allow him to live the rest of his days in Tarth as its lord. Not that it was all true, but I kept my end of the bargain. Days later he'd arrived to Storm's End under a white flag. With Dragonstone ransacked, Arry had decided to remain in Storm's End and establish a court in there. And as the war was over, Lord Harrold Arryn had turned his host around and returned to Vale. I remain in debt to him. Without his aid, the war would've been lost.

VbMV2IT.png

Durran and Aemon were at Storm's End where Arry had left them. He missed his boys, but the capital was no place for royal bastards. I did a mistake when I left them alone. Malora is not their mother, even if she doesn't hold a grudge to them for my sins. Arry could see a young boy spectate the column of riders he was with. And now I left them again. Before the wedding, Arry had decided it would be the best if Lyra would not be at Dragonstone when Princess Malora would come to live in there. Knowing there could be only one mistress, he'd sent Lyra away. She was not a strong-willed woman, and had submitted to his decision although that meant she'd be separated from her children. From what Arry had heard, she'd married some Dornishman, a Fowler. The boys had grown fond of Gaston, and the feeling was mutual. So Arry had left them in his care at Storm's End and also appointed Dragonbane's son the new master-at-arms.

The fortress he'd left under Ser Elmer's command, however. He was the sole son of late Amory of Winwyrm, who'd served as the Hand of the King for many years during the reign of King Tommen I. Ser Elmer was showing great aptitude, even if he lacked the brilliance of his father. It's good that I have him on my side. Arry had left him with the orders to pacify the surrounding areas of Storm's End. Although the war had ended already almost a year ago, there was still much to do to reinstate the fortress back to it's former glory. Though the siege had been necessary in effort to take the Stormlands, the place had suffered damage during it.

0C8HJ03.png

Soon after the war, Lord Paxter Selmy of Harvest Hall had organised a jousting tournament, and Arry travelled to Ser Barristan's old family lands to participate the event. As many lords of the Stormlands came to attend, it had allowed Arry to make new acquintances and improve his relations with his new vassals. It had also been a great opportunity to show his brilliance in martial arts, a trait which traditionally passed from father to son in the Baratheon line. Only I am no Baratheon at all. The words of a dying mother had revealed the truth to him, and now he was on his way to the capital where he could get an asnwer to another question. Does the King know?

3PvJYGE.png
RZF2veN.png

Times had been peaceful after the tournament. Malora's pregnancy neared its end, and one long night she gave birth to a girl. Argella. My third child, her first. Now that Arry knew the fact, that he truly didn't have a claim over the Iron Throne, his plans still remained the same. I have no right to sit on the Iron Throne, but my wife does. And there was only one person standing in the way of that ambition. The Dance of Dragons was a succession crisis over whether the elder daughter or the younger son should succeed their dead father. The war had lasted several years and brought the Targaryen dynasty on its knees with almost no dragons left in Westeros. If Malora is Rhaenyra, does that make me Daemon Targaryen? Perhaps it is my fate to get vengeance and die right after? That remained to be seen, but Arry knew someone's death was needed to put an end to the old hatred that began so many years ago. To avoid a war that could divide the realm, Arry had started a plot to remove the Seven Kingdoms of its crown prince. If Jerion dies, Malora becomes the heir.

iFPx4O2.png
8P3OExa.png

Rs1BwkO.png

Soon after Argella's birth a message had reached Storm's End. The King invited the new Lord of the Stormlands and Princess Malora to attend a feast. Arry expected that the King wanted to see his grand-daughter, and so they'd decided to bring young Argella with them. A journey had began, and now two weeks later it was about to come to an end as they arrived at the eve of the exact date. Malora was travelling in a wheelhouse with a wetnurse who made sure the baby had everything she needed, but the four walls didn't suit Arry who wanted only the sky to be his roof. The King's gate was already in their sight, and Arry turned to Ser Guyard. ''Inform my wife that we'll arrive soon, then join me at the head of the column.'' The Kingsguard nodded and turned his horse around, whereas Arry galloped forward to take a place beside Ser Horas Flowers, his cousin, who'd been given the honor the lead the column for the journey.

Ser Horas was a bastard son of Joy Hill who during her marriage to Mace Tyrell had been unfaithful to her husband and taken Lucas Tyrell, Arry's mother Alla's brother, as her lover. Horas was a quiet, humble man with kind heart and charitable nature. But what made him different from others was his talent with swords. Although he was not quite on the same level as Arry himself, Horas knew how to take care of himself. I offered a white cloak to him years ago when I was still the king but he refused. When Arry steered his mount beside Ser Horas's, the knight gave him a nod but remained quiet. The smallfolk of King's Landing was already gathering at the side of the road to get a glimpse of the King-Who-Never-Was.

MAdWX6s.png

Ser Guyard rode to their side a good moment before they reached the King's Gate. His white cloak was dirty from the journey and the same could be said about Arry's riding outfit. It didn't seem to matter to the smallfolk, whose cheer was even louder inside the city. There were people on both sides of the road and even some on the roofs. Ser Horas and Ser Guyard rode behind the prince side by side while Arry himself led the column. Fire and its scabbard hung from the swordbelt, and Arry saw a few boys point their fingers at it. It's not the sword that killed the dragon but the man, Arry reminded himself and found himself smiling at the thought of meeting Dragonbane. The Lord Commander of the Kingsguard was already in his seventies, but if the stories were true he was still as formidable fighter as he'd been in his youth.

Arry rode on through the gate of the Red Keep, giving a nod to the goldcloaks guarding it. One of them looked half-familiar to him, but Arry couldn't get the name in his head. I used to know the names of almost every person who lived or worked in here. It felt as if he'd roamed these streets with Clayton a lifetime ago. So much has changed, but the city has stayed the same. The knight clad in white armor awaiting them had not, though. Ser Balon's face was wrinkled and stern, but at the sight of Arry a tired smile crept on his lips. He stood beside the queen, whose hair had turned to grey as well. Beside her was the crown prince Jerion, the younger child of King Edric. Arry climbed off his horse and walked in front of them, bowing his head to the queen as a show of respect. ''Your highness.''

''Welcome to King's Landing'', Queen Rhaenys said with a quiet voice, her eyes never leaving Arry's. When he looked around, the queen opened her mouth as if she'd read his mind. ''The King is.. busy preparing the feast.'' There was something in her eyes that left Arry with an odd feeling. ''As you say'', he answered, trying to work on a smile. More riders gathered out on the courtyard, along with Malora's wheelhouse. When the door opened and she stepped outside with the newborn in her hands, the Queen let out a sigh and walked past Arry to her with Jerion on her heels. She embraced her daughter, and Malora smiled happily, her eyes meeting Arry's for a short moment. And that is the family I wish to break? That is the boy I am plotting to kill?

Arry felt someone touch his shoulder, and when he turned around he met the eyes of Ser Balon. Chuckling, he embraced the old knight who was as strong as a bear despite the years gone by. Over his former guardian's shoulder Arry could see Ser Arthur Hewett, a Kingsguard as well. Once they broke apart, Dragonbane glanced at Ser Horas and Ser Guyard who'd dismounted as if searching for someone. Before Dragonbane even opened his mouth, Arry already knew what he was about to ask him. ''Is Gaston with you?'' Shaking his head, Arry replied: ''He decided to stay in Storm's End and promised to look after my boys.'' Ser Balon nodded once, but Arry could see the old man had hoped his son had come. Dragonbane turned to Arry: ''And how are things going in there? How are your boys?'' ''They're fine'', Arry replied with a carefree tone. ''Durran's fighting like a man grown already. Aemon will begin his training in a year.'' Dragonbane smiled at the words. ''Edmure Tully died, though'', Arry put in and went on: ''In his sleep, a few weeks ago. Is his son here?'' Ser Balon shook his head. ''No. The war is over in the Riverlands, but there's much work to do to repair all the damage the Ironborn caused.'' Arry had hoped to meet his sister and brother-in-law, but didn't let it show on his face. Roslin had dispatched a letter from Storm's End the day after, so the news should've reached Ryan already.

FzNHwnH.png
EmovZ6f.png

''My youngest'', Arry told Ser Balon and gestured at the infant brought from the wheelhouse by the nurse. The Lord Commander turned his gaze to the suckling, and patted his former squire gently on the shoulder. Then he turned to Malora, who walked towards them. Arry turned to face her as well and saw Dragonbane bow his head as a greetings ''His Grace has asked me to inform you that he's busy, seeing to the last preparations of the feast. He hopes you're not too weary from the travel and awaits eagerly to seeing you at the feast'', Ser Balon explained. ''My mother told me already'', Arry's wife replied dismissingly, but flashed a polite smile to the Lord Commander nevertheless. He nodded once, asking: ''Shall I take you to your room?'' Dragonbane's suggestion was more than welcome, and Arry gestured with his hand towards the entrance leading indoors. He walked to Malora's side and glanced at Argella, hearing Dragonbane exchange a few warm words with the Arry's bodyguard Ser Guyard on the way.

Arry had been given his old room in the Holdfast for his visit. He quickly changed his travelling gear to clothes more fitting for a feast and followed his feet out of the chamber. They led him to the walls which Ser Gregor Clegane and Ser Amory Lorch had scaled approximately fifty years before. This place holds so much history. Both mine and others. The sight below was just like years ago, with people going on with their lives. They seemed happier, even though it's often the past that's sentimentalized. ''Old memories never fade'', a familiar voice interrupted. Arry turned his head to glance over his shoulder and saw Dragonbane look at him. ''I've lived for so long already'', the old knight went on and walked beside Arry. ''I'm dealing with the past every day. All that I see reminds me of the people long gone and the times that I can't get back.''

Arry exchanged looks with the man beside him, knowing what he felt despite the fact that Dragonbane was four times his age. ''You remind me of your father, above all'', Ser Balon went on and turned his gaze to the ground below.''Sometimes I wonder what he'd think if he knew how things turned out to be. And how I reacted to that.'' The rain had stopped, but it was windy atop the wall and it made Arry shudder. He opened his mouth for the first time: ''Do you regret it?''

Dragonbane had refused to talk about Edric's kingship before, and it made Arry to wonder why he was so talkative now about roads untravelled. Instead of answering, Dragonbane presented a question. ''Do you remember Ser Hobert Costayne?'' The name was familiar indeed. After my cousin Horas refused my offer to name him in the Kingsguard, Ser Balon suggested that I'd name Ser Hobert instead. Arry nodded as an answer. ''He served a decade in the Kingsguard flawlessly, until one day Edric got to know he had an affair with one of the servants'', Ser Balon began. ''For that, the King had him castrated and banished. Ser Hobert lost his white cloak and received a black one in return.''

yvn2IkA.png
pMlfTmX.png

''The Kingsguard are not allowed to marry or father children'', Arry replied dutifully, trying to hide his confusion. ''True'', Dragonbane began, ''But Ser Hobert did neither.'' Arry found himself thinking of Gaston, Balon's own bastard son who he'd sired during Arry's father's reign. ''Still, he had every right to do so. For he is the King'', the knight said with a sad voice, ''But what kind of a king that makes of him, that I am not sure. The man he once was is no more, for he was eaten from within by paranoia and hardened by time. And that makes me all more aware of the fact that I never had to ask myself where my loyalties lie when your father sat on the Iron Throne.''

Arry bit his lip, well aware that speaking too boldly about Edric in the Red Keep was not only inappropriate but also dangerous. There was no need to answer to Ser Balon, for Arry had gone from words to deeds already. The feast is followed by a hunt that begins tomorrow at noon. Lord Melwyn assures me that the huntsmen have been paid to dispose Westeros of its crown prince. The plot to remove Jerion Baratheon from this world had brought fruit beyond counting. Numerous powerful nobles, including Lord Melwyn Lannister, Lord Rickon Stark, Lord Jaden Tyrell and Lady Emberlei Martell, had joined together to back the plan. Arry wasn't all enthusiasted about killing a child for actions he was not responsible of, but having second thoughts was too late now. We're committed. I have the backing of the most influential lords in Westeros, who'll see to it that we succeed - no matter what.

They returned back to the Holdfast where Malora was still readying herself while being guarded by Ser Guyard. The rest of their company, including Ser Horas, had been given a free evening. Dragonbane excused himself and returned to his duties, whilst Malora made her last preparations. Once ready, the feast awaited. It was held in the throne room of the Red Keep, where tables had been set up all the way to the stairs leading to the seat itself. The room was crowded with guests and other courtiers, but the crude throne remained empty. Trying to recognise familiar faces from the crowd, Arry's eyes met ones he knew more than well. King Edric made his way through the masses, personally welcoming Arry and Malora to the feast. Arry nodded his thanks, but old wounds hurt and made playing the part of a dutiful son-in-law harder by each sentence.

DygqI61.png
x9kfV3R.png

If Dragonbane had been right, the change in King Edric at least wasn't visible. The man's nature hadn't changed when it came to talking with other people. Gregarious as ever, Edric exchanged words with nobles after another, presenting his grand-daughter to the people. Four years hadn't changed much in the Red Keep, and many old acquintances came to share words with the new Lord of the Stormlands as well. They served my father, saw my grow up and seem nostalgic at the thought of the old days. If only they knew what a murderer their little prince turned out to be.

Malora didn't share his father's nature, however. She was always a shy girl even as a young one. Although they'd grown up together, they'd never been friends and Arry knew only little of her thoughts, of what she liked about or what she thought of the world. Looking at her being alone together, drifting inside the crowd but not being part of it while carrying their child in her arms made Arry feel pity for her. She's another lonely soul, and mine to comfort. Arry's feet led him to her side.

''There's something I want to show you'', he whispered in her ear.

Together with their newborn in her arms they slipped away from the feast. The hallways of the Red Keep were dark, but Arry knew the way well. It's not my first time sneaking around here at night. Often as boys, he'd gone out with Clayton to cause havoc - and to laugh when their work was discovered next morning. It was with Clayton that Arry had found a way to the place where he was taking her now. Turn to right, turn to left, 32 steps down, turn to right. It surprised even Arry himself how well he remembered all the way, which now had brought them to a mysterious wooden door. From the smell, the kitchens were nearby. ''There should be a key under the carpet'', he said to Malora and took the child from her. She crouched and indeed found an old key from there.

Some things never change.

Behind the door was a wine cellar. ''This is where they keep the better vintages'', he told her, grinning. ''I am sure your father won't mind if we borrow a few bottles.''

Seeing this side of Arry must've confused or surprised her, but Malora acted along and to him it seemed as if she was almost enjoying of it. Strange how distant people can be even if set to be together for life. That gap was getting smaller by each word, though. With two bottles from the cellar, they ended up in the Godswood of the Red Keep. Argella was - blessingly - asleep. Looking at her made Arry awfully aware of the fact that someone else's child would die tomorrow because of him. But despite all the titles and duties brought by them, they both were still young and full of life, and that night with two bottles of wine and a garden only for themselves served as a good reminder of that fact.

On the way back to their chamber a person Arry least expected needed a moment of his time. Sarella Sand, a daughter of Oberyn Martell had found her way to King's Landing a few years ago and currently served King Edric as his master-of-whisperers. Arry was not familiar with her because of her position, however, but due to their mutual interests regarding the succession. ''My lord, if I may have a word?''

After telling Malora to go ahead to put Argella to sleep, Arry turned to Sarella. ''Bad news, I'm afraid'', she began with a nervous voice. ''The plan has leaked. We are in danger.''

AQKr37N.png
xAjRLr1.png

And so she told him. Of how Lord Melwyn had drank too much and began blabbering about the next day's hunt, mentioning Jerion's and Arry's names in the same phrase. Needless to say, King Edric had ordered the Lord of the Westerlands to be escorted to a more private location to 'sober up.' Hearing this left Arry wordless. If they get any sense of his words, a hunt will be organised here in the Red Keep this very night instead of tomorrow in the Kingswood. Realising he needed to get out of the city right now, Arry made his way back to the holdfast to get his family and friends first. Jerion's death conveniently is to Malora's benefit. If what Dragonbane told me is true, Edric won't hesitate to hurt those closest to him to find out the truth.

Only it wasn't Malora inside their room, but a dozen soldiers with orders to escort him to the dungeons.

Last edited:
well,trial by combat is the only possibility to get out of this,hopefully edric wont choose balon swann :/

OMG I didn't saw that possibility!! Now I am hoping that it will happen that way! I mean, Balon was a fixture along the whole story, and he managed the upbringing of the main characters, itwould bejust tragical irony if he would be destine to bring Arry down too. :D

The Little Cub
Interlude: 338 AL, Part 1

--

As requested and then promised, here's another interlude.

Crusader Kings 2 is most of all a character simulator. It makes them take actions, undergo changes, participate in plots - live until they die, if frankly put. That is what this AAR is also about - it's a story I've written about all the decisions made by myself and the AI that controls all the other characters. It's been a long road, and an interlude is needed once in a while to remind us of the things have already happened so that we know how we've ended up where we are now. After all, future is where the present moment leads to, and present moment is built on top of the past.

Because the forum restricts me from adding more than 32 pictures in a post, I've divided the interlude in two. The first part will include houses Baratheon, Tully, Lannister and Tyrell, whereas the second part will cover houses Martell, Arryn, Stark and the Iron Islands. The pictures are taken from the time before Arry's imprisonment.

House Baratheon, the Iron Throne and the Stormlands
Tommen Baratheon secured the position as the head of the House Baratheon by winning the War of the Five Kings. After his demise, his young son Arry inherited the throne, only to see his power diminish in the hands of a usurper. Ironic as it is, this was made possible by the actions of none other than King Tommen himself. He'd decided to grant the Stormlands to Edric Storm, King Robert Baratheon's bastard son, who repaid the kindness by seizing the Iron Throne for himself after King Tommen's demise. His son Arry became only the Lord of Dragonstone, but later took the Stormlands back from the House Dondarrion to who King Edric had them given after his crowning.

The House is united by internal marriage between Princess Malora Baratheon and Prince Arry Baratheon, cousins. Yet it is also divided from within by old hatred that goes back to Edric's betrayal.

3N1ZTYf.png

Hp2p6Bs.png

TIDV5ix.png
Q9hvQhQ.png

pgGH40I.png
KTdmH0j.png

YS2u7GA.png
TWMm6Rj.png

hKdNRze.png

House Tully, the Riverlands
Edmure Tully lost the Riverlands for supporting King Robb Stark's cause in the War of the Five Kings. His marriage resulted with a son, Ryan Tully, who was raised by King Tommen personally. In time King Tommen also named Ryan the lord of Harrenhal and Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, thereby returning the lands back to who they belonged. Lord Ryan has so far had two sons, but the younger, Edmure, died from illness at the age of 4.
HEyd968.png

FeKWUQC.png

8ShhrlB.png

pR3NZqY.png

House Lannister, the Westerlands
After the extinction of the Lannister main bloodline, King Tommen Baratheon granted the Westerlands to the Lannisters of Lannisport. Melwyn Lannister, son of Lord Tyran of Lannisport, has ruled ever since.

9hNuhOn.png

cDPkeM9.png

Ncke3SN.png

vyQDr5R.png

House Tyrell, the Reach
The Tyrells were important allies of the Iron Throne, once, but the alliance when King Tommen Baratheon divorced his wife, Lady Margaery Tyrell for being unfaithful. Later the Tyrells also rose into a revolt, and the war cost the life of Ser Loras Tyrell, who made an attempt on the King's life and paid with his life for it. After losing the war, Mace Tyrell ended up spending the rest of his life in King's Landing as a prisoner. His second son, Garlan, was named the Lord of the Reach by King Tommen's command. Skipping Willas Tyrell was done to prevent the Reach from passing to another house since Lord Mace's eldest son lacked a male heir. Garlan later was killed in a duel with Lord Gabriel Darkholme of Rollingford, and his son Jaden Tyrell inherited the lands.

QZHQqxR.png

IZaAMhX.png

wdGgKaP.png

b6Bp78X.png

Last edited:
The Little Cub
Interlude: 338 AL, Part 2

--

House Martell, Dorne
Lady Arianne didn't hide her hatred for King Tommen when she inherited Dorne after her father's demise. Despite the circumstances she joined to defend the Iron Throne in the Tyrell rebellion. After her demise her eldest child Emberlei Martell has ruled Dorne.

s9L1lAc.png

XyhNGgH.png

6KZ8FEd.png

E3onVWN.png

House Arryn, the Vale
The Vale was ruled by Robert Arryn, but after declaring a war for Sansa Stark's claim over the Riverlands and refusing the King's command to stop, he was imprisoned and banished to the Wall. Harry the Heir became the new Lord of the Vale and submitted to King Tommen's orders, keeping his peace. His eldest son and heir Damon later served as King Tommen's squire. The Arryns have been loyal friends of the crown and Arry Baratheon, helping him gain the Stormlands in the war against House Dondarrion.

Lord Harrold's adventures in the bedchamber have been an interesting thing to spectate. First his lover was his own bastard daughter, Irinna Stone. He had three daughters with her, and now the eldest, Brella, is his new lover.

ST9qCFy.png

LP8b0k0.png

1swyDb3.png

RvD8ZAd.png

House Stark, the North
After the War of the Five Kings, the North was ruled by the Boltons. Lord Roose's bastard son Ramsay had died in the aftermath of a skirmish against King Stannis's men. The Leech Lord died years later under suspicious circumstances, and his son Benjen Bolton - only a child - inherited the North. Only Lord Benjen declared a war against the Riverlanders and refused to end the war even after King Tommen ordered him to do so. That resulted with a civil war, which was won by King Tommen. Near the end of the fighting, a member of the House Stark revealed himself. Rickon, son of Eddard, had hid in Skagos ever since the rest of his family had been exterminated. Due to his family name, Rickon Stark was granted the North after King Tommen revoked it from the Boltons.

The return of the Starks wasn't received well by everyone. Several battles were fought between the Starks and the remaining loyalists of House Bolton. Benjen Bolton died in Winterfell's dungeons, and his younger brother Jorah inherited what little remained of their family's lands. After rising up against the Starks, he was blinded. Lord Rickon was the proven ruler of the North, but his ruthless actions also earned him the nickname 'Rickon the Cruel'.

ZaKGFYt.png

MvoLZyA.png

TWbigrp.png

Bl06Efb.png

The Iron Islands
Balon Greyjoy's second attempt to win the independence of his people succeeded. The Iron Islands were not forced to submit to the Iron Throne after the War of the Five Kings. After Balon died, his brother Euron succeeded him as King of Salt and Rock. He led the Ironborn to south in effort to invade the fertile lands of the Reach, but was beaten back by the Tyrells. His first campaign as the King had failed, and soon his subjects began to question their new king's abilities. Several civil wars followed, and one of them put Asha Greyjoy as their new queen. Other candidate would've been her uncle Victarion Greyjoy, who'd sailed to Essos and returned on the back of a dragon.

Queen Asha's rule was not easy either. House Greyjoy became divided when Asha's supporters murdered Euron's sole son. Returning the favor, Euron's wife murdered Victarion Greyjoy's firstborn. Later the Ironborn invaded the Riverlands, and succeeded in that since King Tommen was busy dealing with the Tyrell rebellion. After the war in the Reach was done, the Baratheon king turned his eyes to the Riverlands and another war followed. The Ironborn lost the Riverlands and ended up in yet another civil war.

Not all of the Riverlands were lost to Queen Asha, though; Seagard and the Twins still remained under Ironborn command. The new Lord of the Riverlands, Ryan Tully, started a war over the Twins and won it soon enough. Years later when he tried the same to gain the control of Seagard, Queen Asha put up a harder fight, though. Beating the Riverlander army was not enough, however, and Ryan Tully won the war. Queen Asha lost her life in one of the battles, dying from her wounds, and Quenton Greyjoy succeeded her. Already in his seventies, Quenton's rule was short-lived. With him died the Greyjoy line.

The Ironborn were without a king and - surprisingly - they turned to a mere boy to lead them.

ON0z6Dr.png

Ec3qKwq.png

dO8vF6f.png

Last edited:
Moonsgrey is currently ruled by Lady Ronella Badics. It seems the Badics will lose their lands come the next generation. Their male bloodline will survive through two boys, however.

SYhiJwy.png

PUUM4kP.png
BGRR6yV.png

lDWevuD.png
HSK5tuN.png