• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Hi.

Here is what we are going to try to do, if all technical issues works out well..

As the non-steam version is taking way too much time in maintaining, as well as holding us back from adding more functionality, like decent multiplayer, we want to progress away from that version.

We will stop updating the Gamersgate version, and provide those that bought the game there steamkeys for their ck2 games and dlc, so they can get everything in their steam-library instead.

UPDATE: CK2 version 2.0.2 is the last ever update for the GamersGate version, and is available from the sticky thread in the Tech Support forum here. The intent is that all GG/CK2 customers move to the Steam platform so that they can continue to receive support and updates. In addition they will get access to facilities previously restricted to Steam customers (such as open betas of upcoming patches) and future enhancements such as Mods via Steamworks and MP play via Steam.

To access your Steam CK2, log into your GamersGate account - the Steam activation keys for CK2 itself plus every CK2 DLC you've bought from GG will be there.

Simply install the Steam client if you don't already have it, then paste those keys one by one into:
Steam | Games | Activate a Product on Steam

This has to be done for every DLC separately, but only ever has to be done once for each key. Once done you will immediately get access to all your CK2 content.

In case of any problem or discrepancy in this process contact GG support in the first instance on support@gamersgate.com .

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
Hi.

Here is what we are going to try to do, if all technical issues works out well..

As the non-steam version is taking way too much time in maintaining, as well as holding us back from adding more functionality, like decent multiplayer, we want to progress away from that version.

We will stop updating the Gamersgate version, and provide those that bought the game there steamkeys for their ck2 games and dlc, so they can get everything in their steam-library instead.

Wow that's very much appreciated!

how exactly is it going to happen? (I for one got the base game on steam already, along with the converter, so no need to "reimburse" me for those)

Also, I'd like to apologize for clamouring for a non-steam CKII version, hadn't done my research properly :/

Finally! Now more time can be put into the game that was otherwise wasted on GG. Great!

OFC there will always be that one redneck GG-user that refuses to go modern and use Steam, but you can't please them all.

Awwww. Thanks! my non-steam version is fully updated plus with all expansions. Will be happy to finally get them for my steam version as i haven't purchased anything after the republic for my steam version.

Once I've gone Steam, I don't want to play without it anymore. Too easy.

Reactions:
But I don't know what Steam is??? :(

You haven't been much around here lately? ;) Still for those last few Mohicans (like in Asterix the village against the Romans), who do not have steam yet, how will it work for them? If they do decide to now make the leap?

Anyway this decision probably is the sensible one for the long run, especially since now no one can complain that what they bought was rendered useless.

THANKS!

I have all the DLC on GG and don't want to pay the €80,- just to transfer to steam. When I saw that the betapatch was only for steam users I was about to rage. But now that you guys are doing this I can only love you again ;)

Any idea when we'll be getting the keys? I want to start playing CK2 betapatch :p

Status
Not open for further replies.