What is the solution for 0/0 households?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

perafilozof

Captain
53 Badges
Mar 5, 2015
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Knights of Honor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • King Arthur II
  • Majesty 2
So in my city, I have hit the Citizen Units limit. 524k, and now I can't get more Cims to move in and the R buildings that do get built are 0/0 households.

On a side note public transportation no longer works. Cims don't get on or off metro cars.

limits.jpg

I have the same issue... Haven't figured out a solution but would appreciate one. I don't even have close to 1 million population, which is weird, and I've tried using the "stuck citizens" mod to no avail.

Now you see that is interesting. Because if we can figure out what is the difference between our cities it would give us the answer what increases the number of citizen units. Can you post more about your city, or link me places where you did already?

So my city is about 300,000 citizens but I think it's gotten as high as 350,000 before I decided to raze a good chunk of it to limit the population, as I thought that might help reduce the citizen units. However, it didn't make a difference at all, and I still was reaching near the maximum. I do have a big city size and asset-wise as I play with all 25 tiles and like to use a lot of assets and mods. Mods that I use include ploppable RICO, TMPE, Real Time, plop the growables, and many others; however, these are the most "heavy duty" ones I subscribe to. I also like to build a dense downtown with loads of pedestrian and car traffic and the way I've found to make that happen was to place big ploppable skyscrapers that don't have any population and then using plop the growable to plop down high density residential units within the bigger skyscraper assets (as well as commercial/office units to simulate "mixed use" zoning). I was also using the little "residential control units" that you can find in the workshop but I've since deleted these in hopes that it might fix the citizen unit issue but alas, it hasn't made a difference. Anyway, I don't know if this little cheat of mine contributed to the problem, but I know that that's something I do that a lot of people don't so I wouldn't be surprised. that being said, I've been doing this since I first started making my city, and it really only became a problem once I started hitting 350,000 or so population. Any ideas?? Any thoughts would be welcome.

Last edited:
Hi,
Thank you for your input.

I did some of my own razing and when I dezoned a while office only district it freed up about 300 citizen units but they where very soon used up again by the city with no new R buildings receiving households.

The part you mentioned : "build a dense downtown with loads of pedestrian and car traffic" reminds me that I too made miles and miles of pedestrian paths. I will see what happens if I take them down. I might try parks as well to see how that impacts the problem.

^ This is why I go with maps that have some nice flat areas in the middle of major hills and mountains. Not only do the hills and mountains make for scenic backdrops, they keep me from going nuts with my sprawl, so I can keep my city painting within game limits. I have 25 tiles bought, but only the area of 9 available across all of them, the rest being small areas within the mountains.

Well, I found something of a solution. I have the nursing home mod enabled and it turns out that one of the nursing home assets has a gathering point outside the building, which I think ends up counting these residents as citizen units. I had a bunch of these in the city and so they ended up getting me to my maximum. Since getting rid of these buildings, my citizen unit number has decreased to a reasonable amount and citizens are once again populating my city. Hope that helps!

How many Households did you have with this City?

Tell me of a way to count them, and I will tell you the number.

On second though, at 1,003,000+ population there where 174k residential zones. Since I mostly had 4x4 buildings(20% 3x3), that is on average about 14 zones per building, so my rough estimate would be around 12.5k R high density buildings. They where mostly 24,25 or 26 households each, so about 312,500 households.

Anyway, you can go and check it out for yourself, the city is on the Workshop, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1999109245