• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eneth09

Recruit
4 Badges
Dec 1, 2015
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Knights of Honor
Before update turks, azerbaijanis and turkmens shares same culture group which is OGHUZ that is correct, however after mare nostrum update when i log in and started to play, i saw turks are in arabic culture whereas azerbaijanis are in in iranian culture which is IRONIC, and turkmens are in altaic,THIS IS COMPLETELY WRONG!!!, and i have now seen you added slovaks which is cool but they should be WEST SLAVS NOT CARPATHIANS, i wasn't expecting these type of mistakes from paradox int. please fix them quick

Reactions:
Before update turks, azerbaijanis and turkmens shares same culture group which is OGHUZ that is correct, however after mare nostrum update when i log in and started to play, i saw turks are in arabic culture whereas azerbaijanis are in in iranian culture which is IRONIC, and turkmens are in altaic,THIS IS COMPLETELY WRONG!!!, and i have now seen you added slovaks which is cool but they should be WEST SLAVS NOT CARPATHIANS, i wasn't expecting these type of mistakes from paradox int. please fix them quick

The Devs said a while back that they wanted to make culture groups less dependent on ethnicity and language and more based on geography so we wouldn't have weirdness like one culture culture groups (Hungary) or groups where the members were far apart (Oghuz and Finno-Urgic). It seems like they've done just that, even if you and a lot of other people on the forums aren't fans.

Reactions:
Well turks had become more arabic with the times and islam.

Reactions:
Well turks had become more arabic with the times and islam.
No this is simply not true.
Azerbaijanis and Turks are the exact same.
They speak the same language and share the same traditions.
While of course Türkmens are more in nature with the steppe culture at that time they were almost the same.
(Which can be shown by the steppe tribes of Aq Qoyunlu and Qara Qoyunlu)

Reactions:
No this is simply not true.
Azerbaijanis and Turks are the exact same.
They speak the same language and share the same traditions.
While of course Türkmens are more in nature with the steppe culture at that time they were almost the same.
(Which can be shown by the steppe tribes of Aq Qoyunlu and Qara Qoyunlu)
At the start of the game that is true but a hundred or so years later the turks can hardly be compared to Azerbaijanis

Reactions:
I would agree about the Turks and Turkmens, but you're totally wrong on Slovaks. They have much more common in culture and heritage with Hungarians and Romanians that either party would admit and you would imagine :)

Reactions:
What I find a bit strange is that the 'Turko-Semitic' group already existed in EU3, then in EU4 the culture groups got changed several times (wasn't there a 'Turko-Hellenic' group once or am I just imagining it?). So eventually the Oghuz group got introduced (I don't remember which version originally introduced it). Now we're back at the start. During the same time, other cultures also got changed several times, sometimes for gameplay reasons, sometimes for linguistical/cultural reasons. The reasons seem to change every now and then. I'm a bit confused and I don't understand what exactly makes the developers change their mind about cultures every time.

Reactions:
What I find a bit strange is that the 'Turko-Semitic' group already existed in EU3, then in EU4 the culture groups got changed several times (wasn't there a 'Turko-Hellenic' group once or am I just imagining it?). So eventually the Oghuz group got introduced (I don't remember which version originally introduced it). Now we're back at the start. During the same time, other cultures also got changed several times, sometimes for gameplay reasons, sometimes for linguistical/cultural reasons. The reasons seem to change every now and then. I'm a bit confused and I don't understand what exactly makes the developers change their mind about cultures every time.

Typically Johan does badly in an MP game against the other devs as X nation and decides it should be buffed, or someone else beats him with Y nation and he decides it should be nerfed.

Reactions:
I would agree about the Turks and Turkmens, but you're totally wrong on Slovaks. They have much more common in culture and heritage with Hungarians and Romanians that either party would admit and you would imagine :)
Romanians have nothing against solvaks

Reactions:
If Turks are going to be grouped with Arabs, might as well put them in the European cultures as well. Makes just about as much sense.

Reactions:
Typically Johan does badly in an MP game against the other devs as X nation and decides it should be buffed, or someone else beats him with Y nation and he decides it should be nerfed.
I am curious what kind of beating did he took from a Byzantiene player that he is nerfing it for quite some time.

Reactions:
Regional culture groups are important for a stable gameplay. The only issue for me is "Forming Arabia" decision for a nation like the Ottomans.

Reactions:
Regional culture groups are important for a stable gameplay. The only issue for me is "Forming Arabia" decision for a nation like the Ottomans.
I sincerely doubt the Ottomans will be able to form Arabia. Paradox tends to explicitly exclude certain TAGs from 'Form country' decisions.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.