• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great new update Saxon and good to pick this up again. As always your writing is tight and efficient but always interesting too. Welcome back

Cheers for that, Asantahene, thought I switch up the writing style and give this a try. Seems to be going well so far.

As a side note ot all my readers: next chapter will be the last chapter of the last play session, (which was a month or so ago) and no games are installed on my other PC at the moment. I will try and get a chapter or 2 up during my half-term (which starts at the end of next week.) But there are some other games, I would like to play before returning to the De Hautvilles. (Otherwise I might just burn out playing CK2 again.) Still we are on the right track.

Saxon,

As a side note ot all my readers: next chapter will be the last chapter of the last play session, (which was a month or so ago) and no games are installed on my other PC at the moment. I will try and get a chapter or 2 up during my half-term (which starts at the end of next week.) But there are some other games, I would like to play before returning to the De Hautvilles. (Otherwise I might just burn out playing CK2 again.) Still we are on the right track.

Saxon,
All good

Working on installing CK2 and HIP on my other pc, as well as writing the next chapter. Will be a bit delayed though, due to the fact I cannot edit any images due to my old mouse having a broken wheel, and the one I am borrowing just point-blank refuses to connect to my notebook. Sorry again.

EDIT: Have material up to 1112 now, some wars and a adventurer comes to Sicily amogst other things. Next Chapter should be up later today.

Last edited:

The reign of Tancred De Hautville - Chapter II A return to Spain and the First Crusade 1101 - 1105
A return to Spain

tQnmq9j.png
53wfDD2.png

zxDEusZ.png

With the First Crusade imminent, most of Europe was preparing for Jerusalem to be reclaimed, Tancred however once again returned to Spain to assist Rey Blasco in his wars against the Muslims in Hispania. It was months later, while Tancred was sending his forces to Spain, that the First Crusade began in earnest. Indeed Rey Blascos war was over quickly as the forces of Sicily swept aside any resistance alongside the men of Castile. It was quickly becoming clear that Castile was gradually becoming a force to be reckoned with on the Iberian Peninsula.

The First Crusade

SOc6iDT.png
riPPGHB.png
riPPGHB.png

With the war in Spain concluded, Tancred officially joined the first crusade. His role was purely logistical however as he was content to supply the other rulers who had joined the crusade with ships and supplies. While the first crusade was continuing apace, Tancred began to look at his wife Bebin, in a new light, there marriage had not been for any political agenda and great love blossomed between the two.

CK0HC3D.png
oI1sgKm.png

CE5572C.png
dLTPpij.png
eo1g1TD.png

dLTPpij.png

By October 1105, the crusade had been successful, and now an Irishman ruled the Kingdom of Heaven, days after this victory the Muslims responded to this grievous insult by forming many Holy Orders in response to Christian aggression, and calling for a renewed Jihad against Jerusalem…

----
I am now officially back readers, see you next week for the next chapter, involving a peasant rebellion and the beginnings of a adventurer plot...​

Last edited:
I wonder how long the Irish king of Jerusalem can hold onto his new lands with all those religious orders and his Muslim neighbours most likely ready to pounce on him.

I wonder how long the Irish king of Jerusalem can hold onto his new lands with all those religious orders and his Muslim neighbours most likely ready to pounce on him.

Proabably not, still it was rather funny for an Irishman of all people to become king of Jerusalum. Hell there is even an Irish Pope at present. :)

Short update but good to see you back :p

Short update but good to see you back :p
What can I say, I just like doing short weekly updates. :) Should have the next update up by the end of the week.

By October 1105, the crusade had been successful, and now an Irishman ruled the Kingdom of Heaven, days after this victory the Muslims responded to this grievous insult by forming many Holy Orders in response to Christian aggression, and calling for a renewed Jihad against Jerusalem…​

Interesting! I've never seen those Muslim mystic orders before.
I too wonder how long Breifne can hold on to Jerusalem :(

Interesting! I've never seen those Muslim mystic orders before.
I too wonder how long Breifne can hold on to Jerusalem :(

Yeah those Muslim orders do appear, and I doubt Breifne can hold on the Kingdom of Heaven for long.

Will get a chapter out this friday, or the weekend at the lastest, started A2 stuff last week, and been playing other games. (First it was Dragon Age, now its XCOM Enemy Unknown.) :) Anyway if I don't get a chapter out this week, you are well within your rights to badger me about getting the next one out.

Saxon,

The reign of Tancred De Hautville - Chapter III the Alvio Peasant Revolt, and a new Emperor 1106 - 1107

Kings rise, Queens Fall

DGQSXJt.png

King Conchobar of Jerusalem was known for his strong belief in God and understanding of Christian Dogma, he was also respected for his masterful diplomatic prowess, indeed the only bad things that could be said about him were his pride, and deceitfulness and perhaps his youth and inexperience in ruling a kingdom for he was only 17 when he took control over the Kingdom of Jerusalem.

HmWYOxp.png

By the end of the month of August 1106, Emma Capet, the queen mother, died of depression. She died hated by many after it was discovered that she had she had murdered her brother and was dammed a kinslayer. She spent her last years in a state of envy and gluttony and seething with anger at the fact that the great house of Capet once rulers of France, had fallen to mere dukes under the heel of a Dutch ruler of France and by extension the Holy Roman Emperor.

Conversion and Creation

15hL6QF.png

November came with news from Sicily, for the Court Chaplin Randolf had converted the populace of Palermu to the Catholic faith, though it would be many years before the whole island was brought under the influence of the Papacy.

5ss8rVD.png

Tancred, in April 1107 created the duchy of Salerno, and gave the title to one of his vassals Asclettin who had been raised to the nobility and given the county of Salerno when it had been conquered a few years earlier.

The peasants rise and an Emperor falls

Omm5C0r.png

sL3t00J.png
r6mrGml.png

0xnuivo.png

Several months later, in August the peasants in the county of Alvio rose up in revolt against Tancred. However, Tancred quickly brought his levies together into a force of roughly 10,000 men and crushed the peasants in the battles of Alvio and Manoppello, causing victory for Sicily within two months.

pKWpphZ.png
yRISFuz.png

In the final month of 1107, Kaiser Hienrich IV died of natural causes, and was replaced by his son, Kaiser Gebhard who would lead the Holy Roman Empire. Though given the empires vast size, and great cultural melting pot revolts were likely, could this new Emperor hold onto his father’s territory or would the empire collapses into chaos and civil war…

---

Sorry for the shortness of the chapter, readers and the delay in getting it done, just lacking the motivation to write at present. Still next week we have a visit to Hispania, and a religious revolt to look forward too.

Last edited:
The late Kaiser Heinrich IV looks like he grew a mustache out of his nose hair. Is that the latest trend in Germany? :p

By the end of the month of August 1106, Emma Carpet, the queen mother, died of depression. She died hated by many after it was discovered that she had she had murdered her brother and was dammed a kinslayer. She spent her last years in a state of envy and gluttony and seething with anger at the fact that the great house of Carpet once rulers of France, had fallen to mere dukes under the heel of a Dutch ruler of France and by extension the Holy Roman Emperor.
Also, all hail the great house of Carpet! :D

The late Kaiser Heinrich IV looks like he grew a mustache out of his nose hair. Is that the latest trend in Germany? :p

Also, all hail the great house of Carpet! :D

Strange hair and mustache combonations in CK2 are rather common, thank the lord for the barber DLC. :)

Yes, we should hail and remember who lost all its power within the first 20 years of gameplay. :)

Edit: thanks to DKM, I now know I spelled "Capet" wrong. (face palm)

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but Ard Ri is a localization of King. His name would be Conchobar, not Ard Ri.

Also, unless this is some inside joke that I'm not getting, it's House Capet, not House Carpet.

(Facepalm) fixed forgot that HIP has localized king names, and no its no a inside joke just a stupid mistake. :)

Also, unless this is some inside joke that I'm not getting, it's House Capet, not House Carpet.

Maybe House Capet installed some hideous carpeting in the royal palace during their short reign over France and their rivals dubbed them House Carpet as a cruel joke. :p

Maybe House Capet installed some hideous carpeting in the royal palace during their short reign over France and their rivals dubbed them House Carpet as a cruel joke. :p

That I would like to see. :D