• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Remful

First Lieutenant
79 Badges
Apr 27, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
A full year had passed since Aegon, First of His name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kings and Protector of the realm, known as Aegon the Conqueror, completed his great conquest.

The greatest prize he took was the great Fortress of Harrenhal. Harren Hoare and all his sons lay dead, and the Dragonlord required someone to hold this great castle.

The man he chose wasn’t a resident of Dragonstone, nor a native lord. He chose Ser Humfrey, known as ‘the Mummer’.

DVClqON.png

He had been a hedge knight from the Stormlands, and when Aegon had travelled the lands of Westeros in the years leading up to his conquest, had told them the histories of the Kingdoms. Humfrey accepted, forming the noble house, House Dace. He took a Knight, donning black armour with a pike and a shield on a white field as his sigil.

kmAkgfR.png

Sworn to Aegon, rather than Lord Paramount Edmyn Tully, Humfrey swiftly set about finding a bride. He found one in a Lady from the Reach, Alyce Crane. The woman had been set aside by her house for her ‘freakish’ ability the Northmen refer to as ‘Green Dreams’, but Humfrey didn’t mind. Lady Alyce was a true beauty, and Lord Dace soon fell in love.

D72kjCo.png

In 2 A.C, news arrived from Kings Landing:

byi14NV.png

An heir had been born to Aegon and Rhaenys, named Vaekar. Queen Visenya was involved in a plot to kill the babe, and spent a year in prison as a result.

In early 4 A.C, days before he departed for the Tourney at High Heart, Lord Humfrey received news from his wife:

Vi8iBTn.png

Joyfully, Lord Humfrey rode to High Heart, intent on winning glory for both his Wife and his unborn child. After two relatively easy jousts, The Mummer came up against Ser Symond of Acornkeep. The joust was long, lasting several tilts. But soon enough, the Black Knight of Harrenhal claimed victory.

39lT73U.png

Humfrey soon returned home, and started to train troops, the first Knights of Harrenhal. In September of that year, a baby’s cries broke the evening air..

GBf0PHZ.png
A son. Humfrey named the boy Aegon, after his King. His wife suffered a short illness after the birth, but nonetheless survived. House Dace had an heir, and King Aegon sent his congratulations to his friend.

However, tragedy was just a few months away...

(Hello! I'm back to writing AARs again. Now, in the canon, Ser HUmfrey the Mummer was a member of the first Kingsguard, and Quenton Qoherys ruled Harrenhal. As my favourite 'mentioned only' character, I messed around and made Humfrey the Lord of Harrenhal. As a name, House Dace comes from Dragon Age.
I don't know how long this will last, but I do hope you enjoy...
-Rem)

Ahh House Dace never actually got round to doing the Golems DLC from DAO: Consider me subbed

Good start.

The first House to fall to Harrenhal's curse was House Dace, lasting a mere three generations. It started out well. Lord Humfrey Dace, known as the Mummer, was granted the Castle shortly after Aegon's conquest.

It was in the year 9 AC that Edmyn Tully, having gone mad due to a bout of gonorrhoea, attacked Harrenhal, intent on making House Dace a vassal to him, rather than directly to the King. Lord Humfrey sent a raven to Kings Landing, asking for aid. Aegon sent his sister, Visenya to render aid. Edmyn was imprisoned, and the Tully's stripped of the Riverlands, and Riverrun. Within the year, House Dace ruled the the Riverlands.
In his sixtieth year, Lord Paramount Humfrey hosted the first Grand Tourney of Harrenhal, with the then King Vaekar winning.
Humfrey Dace would die at the age of eight and sixty.

His son, Aegon Dace, was nothing like his father. Fat and fond wine and women. In all, he'd sire seventeen children, but only three were trueborn, and all of them daughters. He died during an unfortunate accident involving a tavern and a manure pit.

House Dace's hold on Harrenhal ended when Aegon's heir, Lady Jocelyn Dace, married Crown Prince Aegon, the future Aegon II. She died at the age of four and twenty, giving birth to a baby boy, Maegor.

- The History of Harrenhal, by Grand Maester Martyn.

So, doing something I should have done a while ago. The save file for this AAR went completely mad, and screwed itself over, so sadly I must call time on the BKOH. It was a fun little game while it lasted, and I thought I'd give you guys some idea of how it ended.

Got both the Elective of Endless Summer AAR still around and going and a Blackfyre in Essos game that will likely end up as an AAR at some point.
'til next time.

-Rem

Last edited:
Curses to save game corruption... :(

Always annoying when that happens. Will look forward to any future endeavours.