• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ianz

Private
2 Badges
Dec 15, 2018
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
Description
Kuiper Patch: Game crashes everytime i load a savegame
Screenshot not possible, games crashes directly in load screen after some seconds.

Other

What is your game version?
ps4, Not pro, disc version, all add-ons installed
Do you have Space Race installed?
Yes and it worked flawless

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I updated the game to the new kuiper patch and started it right away.
I cannot load any old savegame which was made before the patch neither can i load a new savegame i just created with the new patch.

I have different savegames, mainly i played with Europe as sponsor and had a running colony about sol 120. The other savegame is sol 2 with Japan, i just landed on mars and have a concrete building, a sensor tower, some drones, one transporter and a explorer, one drone hub, 3 stirlings and 2 universal depots. Tech is beeing researched. I basically just landed..

I even tried a Savegame Sol 1 where I just landed the rocket on Mars...crash

Well the new firmware of the PS4 came out as well, maybe there is a connection?

Wheeew.... so sad, hopefully you find a bug and fix this :)

Can you replicate the issue?
Any savegame i want to load crashes directly and the ps4 bug report opens.
See my latest comment for (annoying) workaround!

Attachments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
IMG_20181215_175803772.jpg
IMG_20181215_175803772.jpg

Old comment: Well, I went through the settings in main menu. I changed the scale of the UI to a lower level (just one tick) and then I thought hey I should load the oldest safes I have. Did that and it worked!!..

Then I thought I'll verify this solution and i closed the game, restarted it and tried to do the same steps. I have not had the luck again so far :((( and now I'm stuck again
Can someone verify this?

NEW workaround: create new game. Once game is loaded, use load from Menu and any Savegame will load!! This looks like the patch misses to do certain steps during a Savegame load which it does well when creating a complete new game!

Last edited: