Stellaris Turns Over a New Leaf With Plantoids Species Pack

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Would you please fix the game first? You left it completely broken with the last patch... Alliances never form, even though everything was fine before you dropped the patch and went on your 6-week vacation...

I think its been well established that artists dont program.

However I think the key point here is your sore over their holiday... aww..

Reactions:
i formed an alliance the other day
Yes, we seem to be running into the classic Paradox Fans Are Hyperliteral problem. It's not literally impossible to form alliances, especially for lucky human players. It is, however, extremely difficult, and the AI does not pursue alliances in the vast majority of cases, resulting in a very stale galaxy with maybe 1-2 small alliances the whole game. Read the forum, man; I even linked you a thread.

Reactions:
Can we please have Zombie trait for our species. The I can finally play Plantoids vs zombie-like in spaaaaaaaceeeee

Reactions:
It's always seemed a little weird to me how a minor cosmetic DLC causes people to get so angry over completely unrelated issues with the game.

Reactions:
I like to see more ship class types, bigger and smaller.

I also like to see customization of troop units

and maybe more technology in line of Gentics to be able to alter more stats and racial traits maybe even change looks of race its self. like cyborgs cross breeding so forth.

maybe technology ad-don in-cress amount of tech in game or technology that can change galaxy or planets or systems in major ways. or even huge expansion that allows multiple galaxy's in the game.

I mean skin packs are neat but just a single race skin on its own is hardly worth a couple dollars if all it does is add one new city art, and few portraits for the new race type

to make that worth some money you will have to add a lot of more it then just that.

this is SCI FI its fiction in space come on paradox get an imagination you can do better then this DLC Skin pack the sky is the limit or in this case there is no limit sense where in space.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Plantoids are sentient plants. The Prethorn are mindless eating machines... Stellaris: Plants Vs. Zombies DLC.

Reactions:
bKWs8eJ.jpg

Reactions:
Would you please fix the game first? You left it completely broken with the last patch... Alliances never form, even though everything was fine before you dropped the patch and went on your 6-week vacation...

They'll get their art team working on that code for you right away.... :rolleyes:

Reactions:
It's always seemed a little weird to me how a minor cosmetic DLC causes people to get so angry over completely unrelated issues with the game.

Well, as someone else said, it's not just a neutral DLC, it's also a trigger that points out some problems in the game.

For me it's not just frustration over bugs (or poor design decisions) like the way Sectors work now. That's a general complaint.

My complaint is more specific, about how the alien factions aren't different enough from each other, and that they all work like re-skinned humans with human culture and politics. So when I see an intelligent Plant DLC, I immediately think of how cool it would be if that bio type had their own culture, their own unique techs and whatever passes for an economy with plants. But no, they'll have the same culture and politics as every other alien.

And yes, I know that's the trade-off for having randomized aliens for the twin goals of replayability and the "balance" of multiplayer support. I can still lament the fact that these new plant guys are just a skin, and they'll play exactly the same as everyone else in the game.

Reactions:
No...just no....I didn't endure Vault 22 just for those abominations to invade a whole other game! Just leaf me alone!

Reactions:
Complaining in this thread is like ranting about how your local fire department isn't helping to solve crime in your neighborhood.

^^^ So much this.

Can we please have Zombie trait for our species. The I can finally play Plantoids vs zombie-like in spaaaaaaaceeeee

See ipso facto:
Plantoids are sentient plants. The Prethorn are mindless eating machines... Stellaris: Plants Vs. Zombies DLC.

I think the ships look awesome. Though I find this announcement kind of coincidental as someone yesterday asked when the first DLC will be coming out for Stellaris :p

Likely someone thought that thread was a good indication they could drop a hint about this DLC earlier than scheduled. They may be reconsidering that stance.

Reactions:
Well, as someone else said, it's not just a neutral DLC, it's also a trigger that points out some problems in the game.

For me it's not just frustration over bugs (or poor design decisions) like the way Sectors work now. That's a general complaint.

My complaint is more specific, about how the alien factions aren't different enough from each other, and that they all work like re-skinned humans with human culture and politics. So when I see an intelligent Plant DLC, I immediately think of how cool it would be if that bio type had their own culture, their own unique techs and whatever passes for an economy with plants. But no, they'll have the same culture and politics as every other alien.

And yes, I know that's the trade-off for having randomized aliens for the twin goals of replayability and the "balance" of multiplayer support. I can still lament the fact that these new plant guys are just a skin, and they'll play exactly the same as everyone else in the game.
What? None of this makes any sense. You want to pigeonhole all plants into a certain culture, that is then forbidden from all other phenotypes? What exactly would a plant-specific technology look like, would having chloroplasts somehow make you unable to use lazers? And why would sentient plants have a different economy than any other sentient species?

Reactions:
Someone please tell me this will be free because it should've been included in the game. Because it WAS in the game, just check the first video of the Blorg space friends and you'll see the plants listed as an option.

In fact here you go just check 2:06 to see their name listed and 12:18 to see the top edge of their cities.

This post will delete itself if this pack is for free

Reactions: