Stellaris - Hints Explained

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

podcat

Game Director <unannounced>
Paradox Staff
12 Badges
Jul 23, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
1 - This will be our first new major IP released since the original Crusader Kings over 10 years ago.
Well, this was to say to you that it was NOT rome2 or victoria 3.

2 - Seven and Three are important numbers.
Well, this was to create discussion, but 7 and 3 are numbers very important in cosmology.

3- There will be no stabbing of pigs.

To tell you once again.. Its NOT rome2!

4 - Terrain truly matters in this game.

Because it does in all our games, but in some much more.. And in this game its more involved than ever before.

5 - Game Director is Henrik Fåhraeus, 15 year industry veteran, lead designer behind the Crusader Kings and Hearts of Iron series.
Me and Henrik are slightly different in our designviews. He's the ck guy, i'm the eu guy.

6 - Elections and Technological Development are important parts of the game.
To eliminated ancient games from speculation, and hint that its set in the future.

7 - This is a project we've always dreamt about doing, something all of PI have been involved in, not just the PDS developers.
Every department has been a part of it, and this hint was also posted by Fred who have said he wanted to make a spacegame a lot of times.. (So have I)

8 - Picture
Futuristic looks that most of you saw directly.

9 - Leader characters play an important role in the game.

To indicate the game we wanted to be.

10 - I have seen things you people wouldnt believe..
Quoting Blade Runner to confirm to you guys that the leak was real.

OOPS:: THAT WAS JOHAN posting !

sharing pc at gamescom ftw!

I got it quite right at the beginning of thread 7 then!

Yeah, I had them all right. I knew it all along that it was going to be a space game.

meh, I guesstimated it by hint #4 then elections gave me some hope that it was not futuristic fantasy lol... We want Antiquity :D

What? Are you trying to say that technological development/elections didn't occur in the classical world?

Technological development was more a thing later in the history... Technology was there in antiquity... but technological development wasn't as important as in later eras.

5 - Game Director is Henrik Fåhraeus, 15 year industry veteran, lead designer behind the Crusader Kings and Hearts of Iron series.
Me and Henrik are slightly different in our designviews. He's the ck guy, i'm the eu guy.

And who is the Vic guy?

IMO hint 1 & 3 didn't work quite well - just because it's a new IP dosn't mean it can't be a classical/Rome game (as I really hope you do something new with that, if you ever do something in that era again), and the "no stabbing of pigs" looked a lot like the BB being gone from EUIV.

Hint 6 was good though, completely lost hope around there :p