Stellaris: Ancient Relics Available Now!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

badgr

Paradox Arc
6 Badges
Jun 12, 2018
twitter.com

Uncover the ruins of long-dead civilizations in Relic Worlds to piece together the story of their rise and eventual downfall. Excavate their derelict cities and ships to unearth the truth, discover powerful relics and harness them for your own empire’s ambitions.

Ancient Relics is OUT NOW! Grab your copy on Steam or the Paradox Store.

Stellaris: Ancient Relics includes:
  • Ancient Relics: Collect valuable relics in your adventures as rewards for resolving game events or after completing a dig at a multi-stage archaeological site. Each relic gives significant benefits to your empire to aid in your interstellar escapades.
  • Dig In: Hit the dirt on a variety of enigmatic and alien worlds with new archeology sites available for your empire to study… or plunder. Each site begins a story with between one and six chapters to investigate. Retrace the history to discover artifacts and relics that can be boons to your empire.
  • Those Who Came Before: Encounter clues about two extinct Precursor civilizations, the Baol and the Zroni, the former a sprawling hivemind of plantoids, the latter some of the most powerful psionics to have ever lived. Players can investigate their home systems to understand who they were and, more importantly, what can be learned from their demise.
  • Relic Worlds: Once home to vibrant, advanced civilizations, these Relic Worlds now lie dead, replete with desolate ruins and dormant mysteries. Players can excavate guaranteed archeological sites on these worlds and bring to light powerful relics and artifacts.
  • Matter of Artifacts: Learning from history is much more than parables and antiquities, it can often be the key to understanding one’s own place in the galaxy. Utilizing archaeological research, discover Minor Artifacts, a new consumable resource type which can help empower one’s empire.
For information regarding the 2.3.0 "Wolfe" patch, you can see our patch notes directly here.

iu

Perhaps to spare everyone the trouble I have so far tried: 1) running as admin 2) restarting the pc 3) updating Windows 10 , and 4) completely uninstalling the program and re-installing. I don't know how these things work but I'm rather confused -- do they not try to press Play on the most recent version of Windows before sending their game out to the masses?

In any case I'm quite disappointed, this was my day off :'(

Perhaps to spare everyone the trouble I have so far tried: 1) running as admin 2) restarting the pc 3) updating Windows 10 , and 4) completely uninstalling the program and re-installing. I don't know how these things work but I'm rather confused -- do they not try to press Play on the most recent version of Windows before sending their game out to the masses?

In any case I'm quite disappointed, this was my day off :'(

It is not working for me too in Windows 7.

I'm waiting for the synthetic precursor story pack that has Peter Cullen narrating the trailer with "Before time began, there was... the cube."

This happened to me with one of the previous updates. I solved it by disabling all my installed mods on startup.
I do not have any mods installed, and I also uninstalled all DLC. Someone on Reddit is saying to update to .NET 4.8, that didn't work either. I've posted in Technical too hoping to get some answers but so far nothing.

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-4_11-26-38.png
    upload_2019-6-4_11-26-38.png
    33,5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Works give here on Manjaro.

I found a couple of bugs though.
In the Zro relic sites there are some misspellings, some ? instead of '

Also the third Zro site was overlapped with the kleptomaniac rats site on a relic world. I don't know if we're supposed to be able to get multiple sites on the same planet. It's kinda difficult to research the second site. You need a science ship on the planet, go to the situation log, view site and choose the right scientist from the list. Clicking on the relic icon selects the other site, and with the shop selected you can right click on the planet nor the star system to explore the second site.

Might as well add my voice to the mix as I don't think this error is being sent to the dev teams. DLC installed fine on steam. Clicking play in steam works, taking me to the small stellaris window (the one with the "see you in berlin" geeks), and the music starts. But clicking the Play button at the bottom of that screen entirely crashes the window manager, all the way back to the login prompt. That's pretty hard to do in Ubuntu. Of course I don't run any anti-virus in linux, and I don't use any mods.