• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(467207)

Recruit
1 Badges
Mar 21, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
I tried accessing this website via Tapatalk and it doesn't seem compatible. Are there plans to link the forums to Tapatalk or some other smartphone forum reader? It would make catching up on Crusader Kings 2 news much easier. And no, I don't work for Tapatalk or any other forum app company. Just looking for a way to make downtime at work more bearable. :eek:o

I tried accessing this website via Tapatalk and it doesn't seem compatible. Are there plans to link the forums to Tapatalk or some other smartphone forum reader? It would make catching up on Crusader Kings 2 news much easier. And no, I don't work for Tapatalk or any other forum app company. Just looking for a way to make downtime at work more bearable. :eek:o

+1

We had tapatalk worhing here until they started to charge.

We had tapatalk worhing here until they started to charge.

Forum Runner has been built into vBulletin (whose owners also now own Forum Runner) since 4.1.12. As Paradox is running 4.1.15, this means you already have this functionality available, with free (function limited, but still enough to browse and post) versions of the the Forum Runner app being available for Android and I think iOS as well. The options to turn this functionality on in your admin CP (if they weren't turned on by default when you upgraded to this version) are under Settings > Options, with its own "Forum Runner Settings" setting group.

Last edited:
Forum Runner has been built into vBulletin (whose owners also now own Forum Runner) since 4.1.12. As Paradox is running 4.1.15, this means you already have this functionality available, with free (function limited, but still enough to browse and post) versions of the the Forum Runner app being available for Android and I think iOS as well. The options to turn this functionality on in your admin CP (if they weren't turned on by default when you upgraded to this version) are under Settings > Options, with its own "Forum Runner Settings" setting group.

I just double checked and can assure you there is no "Forum Runner Settings" group in the options.
However I just checked out their home page and they charge for the App as well, so it is a no go for us currently.

Forum Runner for Android is also a paid app. And the other "Forum Runner-likes" that are free are specific for some different Forums!

Castellon, can the Paradox Forums not have a similar solution as the the other specific forums? A vBulletin skin? Or something in this genre?

Would love to follow and participate in the forums with my mobile when not at home :sad:

There is a mobile skin for Vb it just does not appear to work too well if you are logged in.

There is a mobile skin for Vb it just does not appear to work too well if you are logged in.

;(

That's a shame. In this way the "best part" of the forums (subforums as the Mod's ones) are excluded because they are only visible when logged in :(

Maybe in the future.. :cool:

I just double checked and can assure you there is no "Forum Runner Settings" group in the options.
However I just checked out their home page and they charge for the App as well, so it is a no go for us currently.
Hmmm. It's been a long time since I upgraded to (and past) that version, though I don't recall having something to enable it. Check the products section in the Admin CP. It's possible that the forum runner product may have been disabled by default on upgrade to 4.1.12, which would mean the settings group would not show up. I can assure you however that it was added as of 4.1.12, as stated quite clearly in the announcement made by vBulletin when they released that version.

While it's true that Forum Runner do have paid versions of their app, I linked in my previous post directly to the free generic version of the app they make available for Android. Yes, it's feature limited, but it's still better than nothing, particularly since it cost you nothing whatsoever to implement. There are of course options which would require you to pay which would generate a free branded app for your users, but I'm not sure from your post if that's a concern or not (were you referring to charging forum owners, or charging users?).

I am going to close this thread now before it sets a spam bot record, there are over 300 deleted spam bot posts in this thread, and it is taking forver to scroll down past them all to delete the latest ones.
Nothing to do with the topic or the posts, if something new pops up feel free to open a new thread.
*Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.