• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

eleven_west

First Lieutenant
93 Badges
Jun 20, 2004
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
Hi folks

with the new Iron Cross patch version and a proper mod forum to hang around my passion for this excellent game has been rekindled.. nothing better than a good old Europa driven campaign ;-) Always faithful to a good degree of historical accuracy, here is the latest version of my SKIF-style icons for Iron Cross

Ver 1.7 (combatible with rev 7) Added several Commonwealth units (England, Canada, Australia, Indian) and Axis (Italy, Hungary, Romania) and some other minors-neutrals (Spain,Holland,Yugoslavia,Syria). Made some minor database corrections (english fighters/interceptors and German Carrier classes)

I will try and improve/update these in the following months and add other countries as I go. Requests and suggestions always welcome ;-)

NOTE : Abbreviations are explained as such - Light Cruisers don't follow the model number in the production screen, but are split between CL Light Cruisers and CLAA Flak Cruisers to avoid confusion. SSD is Diesel Sub. PS is for the 2 Panzerschiff classes.

INSTRUCTIONS (warning : This will overwrite files in the below folders, save a copy elsewhere before overwriting)

- copy over your IronCross folder and overwrite where requested

Play game. I believe you can apply this to your saved game without problems.

Attachments

• SKIF models for Iron Cross 1.7.rar
    4,3 MB · Views: 1.610
Last edited:
Hi FireDevlin

The Iron Cross models have a different order than vanilla therefore I am doing them from scratch - the generic SKIF ones won't work without renaming and then the types and order are quite different due to the game startup dates.

I've started with Germany which is the most regularly played country as I understand, and I did Greece on a whim as I started a game the other day. I will roll on to the other countries as they come, the objective is to do most models to semi-modern where most of the games reach and then top up with post war models.

I have no particular country order in my mind, if you got a country you play often and you need models let me know and I'll create some for you with pleasure.

Hi JRHINDO

The Iron Cross models have a different order than vanilla therefore I am doing them from scratch - the generic SKIF ones won't work without renaming and then the types and order are quite different due to the game startup dates.

But again I can make some initial ones for you if you prefer playing a nation that isn't usually featured in SKIF packages

Hi eleven west, thanks for the skif models they look great. i cant play IC without these to boring. I have one problem though, the medium armour and mot. inf dont take , all i get is the old icon, i tried deleting these, but now all i get is the nato symbols which suck. how do i get the correct pictures to take . Im runnig AOD 1.05A2 then IC 1.01. thanks fog the gtreat icons glen1525

Hi glen1525

wehrmacht motorized infantry - I admit I haven't created them yet for lack of proper photo material - but I found some great photos last night that will probably suit very well.

Regarding medium tanks I haven't been able to test them yet so I suspect that there's a problem with model numbering - I encountered this with few other models and I correct these as I go, so thanks for reporting this.

You'll have both of these ready by tonight, then please let me know if they show up correctly on your game.

hi again eleven i tried 1.4f , and the mediun tanks still dont show up, but the motorized look great. Are you going to do all the SS ? because the 1st SS looks great. thanks glen1525