SimNation Lab - Can you build an Isolated Island?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SimNation

Everything Simulation
Sep 30, 2014
Hello Skyliners!

SimNation Lab is a series on which we test the simulation engine of a simulation game. And we are kicking off Cities: Skylines episodes with one question:

Can you build a city in an island with no road connections?

Hope you find this interesting. And we hope we can bring more episodes soon!

Cheers!

Watch episode on YouTube

I would think that would be possible as long as you had other methods for tourists to arrive IE airports and cruize ships

Actually if you watch the video, you'll see citizens appearing magically. Outside connection not required!

Reactions:
@SimNation Actually, I can't see any citizens appearing until you build the seaport. I think people are registered as citizens but they are just not arrived yet. So, outside connections needed? (I haven't tried this myself)

I built a similar city on the same island. Though commercial and residential areas are present, the city remains completely unpopulated until an outside connection that allows human travel is built. I put in an airport and immediately my population skyrocketed to 5000. There was nobody in the city until a fleet of airplanes brought them in groups of 200. The industrial and office areas remained completely unbuilt until a means of transporting cargo was installed (a cargo harbor.) It looks like the game will magically import construction equipment/supplies, but the people and trade goods must be moved in normally.

Reactions: