• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Soundchiller

Recruit
8 Badges
Sep 25, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Hey all, in the last days I started to search for more options of streets in CSL. I found two great modders on steam. BadPeanut & ifriquia which created a variety of streets which fits for my search of 4/6 lanes roads with tram for my collectors. At the moment I have to use the "4 Lane Road with Trams and Bikes" because this is the only options wich provide buspockets/offsets. I also want to have the "6 Lane Road with dedicated Tram" as 2nd option. So I decided to edit this last mentioned with a buslane, to avoid backups of traffic behind buses.

The prob with edited Streets shows this screenshoot
index.php

On left side you see two 6 lane standard roads and on the right side two edited roads which show washed segmentns in comparison to unedited roads. I tried different ways with the editor, without mods, by import or load etc. but everytime the result is what shown here. The new CRP-files have a size abouzt 3.000KB. For example the "6 Lane Road with dedicated Tram" is about 18.000KB in original from steam workshop.

Does anyone know a solution to produce better graphic results after editing a road?

I found mentioned in this guide that since an update there are new CRP-files of low capacity.

I am interested to got deeper in the theme of road creation, but this graphicproblem does decrement my motivation to invest time in new designs if the result @ end is a primitive washy road in comparison to the existing ones ingame.

Another Question I have is, how to got the files/segments of an ecisting road ingame (standard or from steam) to have them ready for blender?
I know there is ModTools which can easy grab buildings and so on and put the files into importfolder @ appdata/local/col...
But to rework roads I need the segments which are in the CRP-file and until know I found no way how to extract them to be ready for blender, but I saw some threads here in which was mentioned that people got this, but I don't found informations in this forum until now, how they do that exactly.

Last edited:
What's your graphic settings at when you save the roads in the editor? Make sure textures are all the way up, otherwise they get fuzzy like this. You can always lower it again after you have saved and when you play the game.

Also when editing a road made by someone else, you need to get permission from the original creator if you want to upload them to the workshop. :)

Many thx for the fast answer. I don't have a up to date pc, because of that my graphic settings are in game on middle. I had this in mind but it didn't seem logic for me that it is connecting with graphic settings, because I would suppose graphic setting only influence the output on my screen. If I would load a high quality asset and save it, it should be still one, but now I learned it doesn't.

I turned of all mods and switched to highest graphic settings and then load the editor and did again what I mentioned above, now the output file is >18.000KB.

My next Challenge is to colour the outer Lane on the "6 Lane Road with dedicated Tram" in red. The segments name is "ground_6lane_centertram". Is it possible to only extract a graphic file to rework the texture with photoshop and reimport this in the crp or is it really necessary to da all the "mesh-stuff *.fxb export blender import etc." ?

Also when editing a road made by someone else, you need to get permission from the original creator if you want to upload them to the workshop. :)

I got deeper in this matter the last days by reading a lot of guides, viewing software, youtube and so on and I have u huge respect of the work of all the modders outside there. My head smokes after consuming this much information @ a shorten time, but if I have a target I want to realize it. I would never take the work of somebody and upload and claim it for my own in disrespect to another one, this would be a no-go for me.

Many thx for your time and help, have a nice evening :)