• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Canute VII

Field Marshal
33 Badges
Jul 3, 2015
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
Yeah. With GC dlc I need to click the "send colonist" button twice. I don't want that, I keep forgetting to press it a second time. I don't even want to see the expel minorities menu. I just want to send the colonist.

Just make a checkbox somewhere, that let's me say "enable expel minorities". Put it in the expansion tab beneath the colonial policy or in the state menu beneath the cultures. If I have not checked this, pressing the "send colonist" button in an uncolonized province will simply, you know, send the damn colonist.

Also, can we have another modifier in the exploration idea group (instead of reduced expel minorities cost) if above checkbox is not ticked?

Also while I'm at it: I should only be able to expel minorities of my own religious group. Other religions I should need to convert the old fashioned way. And if of the same religion, then I should only be able to expel minorities of non-brother, unaccepted cultures. This would feel more sensible to me.

I don't know what you can do with the "morisco" missions for Castille, but you know, after centuries under arab control, why not actually have a "morisco" culture in the north african culture group?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Agreed.
Send Colonist and Expel Minority should be two seperste buttons rather than falling into another window. I keep forgetting to click the second time as well and the way currently implemented was not really thought through in this regard imho.

I think it could have even less click-fatigue. For example, you should be able to tell your colonist to go through a list of province or province areas or keep colonizing a region till it's all claimed and only then he will be idle again. They already kind of did this to diplomats and improving relations.

But if you would consider reworking this mechanic then I've got another proposal: :)

• Make "expel minorities" a feature akin to "harsh treatment", with which you can lower rebel progress for the cost of diplomatic points. To be explicit: yes, "expel minorities" should reduce rebel progress. Maybe it should be available only for specific rebel factions, like e.g. only for separatist and religious zealots, but not for peasant or pretender rebels (?)
  • "expel minorities" button will be separate from the "colonize" button and will be accessible from the country "stability and expansion" tab via its own button (which will show up once we click "handle them" for a rebel faction). It will still require a colonist but I think it's fair that the colonist can be recalled from the colony (in the current implementation it's locked because of the ongoing culture conversion).
  • it will still add development to the province to be colonized and colonial maintenance will still be reduced by -50% (maybe however it should reduce development of the home province by an equal amount?)
  • culture and religion of the home province will not change anymore
  • culture and religion of the colony may still change according to the home province (and maybe depending on the rebel type), but this will be chance-based. Chance depends on the development of the home province vs. development of the colony. Chance should be higher, the higher home province dev is in relation to colony dev. E.g. if the home province is 20 dev and the colony is 5 dev, then chance is (20 - 5) / 20 = 75%. If home province dev is 7 and colony dev is 7 then chance is (7 - 7) / 7 = 0%.
  • Maybe this should be even modified by local autonomy of the home province (up to balancing): e.g. if LA is 50% then the first example becomes (20 * 0.5 - 5) / 20 = 25%. This could create an interesting incentive to manually reduce local autonomy, hereby increasing local unrest and then expelling the minority....
  • as to the cost in diplomatic power points, no idea, but it should probably be changed to be more in line with the calculation for "harsh treatment" instead of "convert culture"

Last edited: