Performance is really bad in 2.2.1. Massive Frame Drops

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HiIamaHuman

Recruit
21 Badges
Dec 4, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
I have played on 2.1.3 with atleast 7 mods and have never had the performance drop as much with vanilla 2.2 and megacorp and the other DLCs. I am barely getting 3~4 FPS in midgame.

Could this be because my PC is not good enough. Everything okay with 2.1.3. Now, i am strugging to play the game on fast.

Do let me know If i can improve performance in any way possible.

yes i have experienced the same problem , i didn't even have any mod install and i have a really powerful gaming laptop , and not only the frame drop happen at mid game point but also when you set the speed to fastest , the A.I have also been hit hard they don't even know how to build up their fleet anymore , on my first game ( that i didn't even bother to finish ) i only have one fleet of 8K power and somehow i have the strongest fleet in the entire galaxy (exclude the fallen empire) and this is 150 years into the game and on commandor difficulty .

yeah i have 2 games not finished because the framerate is very bad. i cant even play properly anymore. i was also 3rd place after a fallen empire and a raiders. with a fleet of 1K