Patch Notes: One Small Step For Man #1

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

candyalien

Community Manager
20 Badges
May 16, 2017
twitter.com
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
a8dd3773f49ca97649063536fe603ce2f222335f.png
New fixes! Check out the full patch notes below. And as ever, please keep reporting your bugs in the Surviving Mars bug forum.

OSX,Linux: Added OpenGL mods' shaders support
Linux: fixed occasional crash when loading savegames
Window: fixed white borders on some UI elements

UI: Research dialog now scrollable with mouse wheel and camera controls, saves last position on close
UI: Colonists with special traits are pinned to the menu bar, only when there are less than 100 colonists in the colony
UI: Voice notification for Pipe leaks/Cable faults disabled for colonies with over 100 colonists
UI: Tourist trait shown in "Review Applicants" UI
UI: Fix for cancelation of change of display settings
UI: Fix for senior colonists workplace display after the research of "Forever Young" tech
UI: Fix for Automation Upgrade Icon (displayed inconsistently in Fungal Farms)
UI: Fix for Custom anomaly icon disappearing from time to time
UI: Fixed missing sounds when some Mods are active
UI: Martian University infopanel now does not show colonists which are not part of the workforce (senior, child, tourist, stressed, etc.)
UI: Rockets have correct (default) skin on game start

Gameplay: Removed exploit for endless export from the Space Elevator
Gameplay: Refugees are now immune to Earthsick condition
Gameplay: New dome fractures should be repaired properly (this unfortunately does not affect already fractured domes from previous saves)
Gameplay: "Vocation-Oriented Society" tech performance bonus now works as intended
Gameplay: Fix for drones not to be abandoned by RC Rover
Gameplay: Fix for maximum drones allowed to work on trade rocket
Gameplay: Resource stockpiles now properly marked as 1-hex large object - should fix drone behavior to move stockpiles adjacent to construction sites rather then underneath them
Gameplay: RP cost of repeatable techs now increase after each research
Gameplay: "Alien Imprints" tech effect reduced
Gameplay: Fix for Fuel Extractor upgrade effect in the Concrete Extractor building (now 30% increase instead of 50%)
Gameplay: Fix for stuck drones when picking up resources from destroyed farm
Gameplay: Fix for resource count when interrupting drone after picking up resource cube from RC Transport
Gameplay: Fix for RC Transport when changing skin while loading resources
Gameplay: Fix to properly treat RC Transport as resource depot when adding new drone controller (Rover/Hub/Rocket) or changing active radius of drone controller
Gameplay: Fix for Rocket take-off in some cases
Gameplay: Fix for RP calculation to allow modifiers to have effect in cases of little RP production
Gameplay: Workers properly select workplace based on their specialty
Gameplay: Fix for workplace and training buildings requiring maintenance when turned off
Gameplay: Easy start now always starts with a Mystery
Gameplay: Scanning que increased
Gameplay: Shielded combination of incompatible traits (e.g. Genius/Idiot combo)
Gameplay: Biorobot gurus no longer create biorobots
Gameplay: Fix for replacing existing techs by using mods

Visuals: Dome glass has correct self illumination
Visuals: Meteorite craters no longer appear over and next to objects
Visuals: NVIDIA 1050s family now loads "High" setting preset
Visuals: Fix for proper positioning of newborn child colonist at spawn

Random fact about the title:

Lance Armstrong claimed that he said "That's one small step for a man" but linguist John Olsson and author Chris Riley analyzed the increased quality of the audio and claim that he did not include the 'a'.

Gameplay: Biorobot gurus no longer create biorobots.
I wish I'd seen this one live. Quite the AI Infiltration project. :p
Gameplay: Fix for workplace and training buildings requiring maintenance when turned off.
Does this mean that any shut-down building will not deteriorate, even if outside the domes (and accruing dust)? Does this apply to, say, Subsurface Heaters? They're usually not needed outside of cold waves, and I usually turn them off (which means they'll need maintenance when they're turned back on).

Lance Armstrong claimed that he said "That's one small step for a man" but linguist John Olsson and author Chris Riley analyzed the increased quality of the audio and claim that he did not include the 'a'.
*Neil Armstrong, Lance Armstrong is a former cyclist and had won 7 Tours de France before being struck off the records since his performances were tainted by a very complex system of organized doping.

I say you guys nerfed teching a little too much. I understand the reasons, as it was entirely possible to crank out some ridiculous numbers on the repeatable techs with outsourcing, but I really thought you'd be nerfing outsourcing, instead.

I'm old enough to remember when you bought games on CDs. How on earth did we get updates in those days OR did we just play broken games?
Either the game stayed broken forever or we bought "expansions" that maybe contained fixes if the game was super profitable for the company. It was kinda shit back then.

I'm old enough to remember when you bought games on CDs. How on earth did we get updates in those days OR did we just play broken games?
In the days before Internet became prevalent, there were game magazines with 3 1/4" disks (and later CD-ROMs) containing demos and patches. I still have a bunch of them - I'm a bit of a packrat, plus I want to have the patches in case I ever install the games again. :p

It's a start and a move in the right direction.

In the days before Internet became prevalent, there were game magazines with 3 1/4" disks (and later CD-ROMs) containing demos and patches. I still have a bunch of them - I'm a bit of a packrat, plus I want to have the patches in case I ever install the games again. :p

for console games we just used to play broken games.

For PC games we had to buy PC magazines to get the patch