New Government form leaked on stream.... Corporations?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ThatDaniel

Supreme Commander
85 Badges
Nov 6, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
hmmmmmmmm.PNG

New Authority spotted.

Last edited:
Corporate states were around in different forms already. What exactly you have in mind on this pic?

EDIT: ah, I see the group now. After hive minds. 2.2 cant come soon enough.

Corporate states were around in different forms already. What exactly you have in mind on this pic?
Authority. There is a new one.

I suspect that new authority type may also be an early spoiler for what the DLC's focus will be ;) Stellaris: Corporations (and the Illuminati) confirmed.

Do we actually know this is a corporate authority? The logo doesn't look very corporaty to me.

M and stars, maybe Megacorporations indeed.

Oh, yes. MegaCorps. Although that might cross-over a little too much with 'Megastructures'. But anyway, that's my bet for the DLC. Future corporations are a major staple of a lot of pop sci-fi, and Stellaris likes pop sci-fi.

It is shadowed so it's not a gestalt consciousness thing. Interesting if any ethics wiil be required or denied. And maybe it will have unique set of civics, like hive mind and machine empire.

To me the symbol looks a bit like an eagle. I don't see what the Alien franchise has to do with it.

I do like the idea of Megacorporations being added, though.

Because Stellaris is full of SciFi tropes? The logo there looks like an artsy "M" for 'megacorporation' to many of us (plus we saw that 'corporate' tab in an earlier teaser).

Aren't corporations already included in oligarchy autority?
Hive minds used to be a flavour name of a type of government before they became a separate thing.

Because Stellaris is full of SciFi tropes? The logo there looks like an artsy "M" for 'megacorporation' to many of us (plus we saw that 'corporate' tab in an earlier teaser).
Yeah, but to others (myself included) it could work just as well as a sort of federation-type authority (rather than an M, I see a bunch of lines united under the wings of the central line). I do believe that megacorporations are an option, but they also wanted to expand upon federations. Perhaps an authority to be a federation from the start (with e.g. a starting neighbour as a second member).

Yeah, but to others (myself included) it could work just as well as a sort of federation-type authority (rather than an M, I see a bunch of lines united under the wings of the central line). I do believe that megacorporations are an option, but they also wanted to expand upon federations. Perhaps an authority to be a federation from the start (with e.g. a starting neighbour as a second member).
Frankly, that would be a waste of an authority, they're universally about how the government selects its leadership and to have one based on a Federations (something that isn't viable until you meet several other polities) wouldn't make much sense.

I'm not convinced that it's actually about Corporations (there isn't enough information to be sure one way or another) but this would make far less sense.

well, we can stay here and think what meccanics should have a megacorporation over a federal form of govern ...

i don't know about megacorporation ( my bad, i can't think of one at the moment in varius sci-fi lore ) but i can think of a situation where before entering the FTL age, you may meet other empire and build a federation , ( for example, 2 planets within a star that have different races ; or a wormhole that connected 2 system with empires).
the gameplay would be different because you may have to VOTE for evry decision or policy .... i don't know, someone as better ideas? :p

It does look like a corporate logo to me, but it seems odd to specifically add "corporate" when corporate governments are already represented ingame and being a corporation isn't magically so much more special than dozens of other government types.