• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

wobarch

Captain
4 Badges
Nov 5, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
As a historian who plays EU IV since the old days, was one of my favourite things always the part of the historic events in each country. Of course its just a small part and the "history" of the game is everytime new generated, but I think in such a historic game and with all the different countrys to play, It would be nice to see a lot more historcial events for the different countrys. They don't need to be super epic or something like that, but it would be a greater chance, which country I want to pick. Not just about the gameplay strategy, but also to get influenced by some of the historic events of this country. We have some for france, austria and england, but their're still so many countrys without any historic events or just with 1-2. I also can't understand the decision to add new nations with every new patch, but without giving them any historian love with events or anything. What would be my reason to play any of these ? besides maybe just an achievment what I have to find in the wiki, because its not written "there is the country achievment x" with this country in the startup-screen or the mainmenu when I click on a country." If you take the time to create a "new" Country, please also give them at least any purpose with events etc. besides just another soulles boddy to conquer in the first 20 years and then forget about it.

Also, when I buy an "Immersion"-Pack I want to feel a new deep and flavorful playthrough with the maincountries of that pack. I can't really understand what would be so hard to write around 40-50 new events for the whole 1444-1821 timeframe. The main problem is right now, that the "new" event decicions that you add, all fire in the first 10 years (maybe 50) - I would love to have more country events that fire over time. Not all of them have to be big gamechanging, but small additions to the countrys history and co-op-events with the decisions by other countrys effection yours, would be a great identification with the country and the game you are playing.

You add in every expansion and with every patch so many gamechangings and new stuff, but since the last years I got the feeling that you just almost don't add any new historcial events beside the x10 "expansion" events. It wouldn't be hard to just add some new country/culture/region based events once in a while with a normal patch? right now EU IV is complex enough I guess. And I'm not sure, if EU IV will lose some of his charme for new players while its getting more complex every patch. Some new events would be also nice for people, who just want to play the basic game later on, without getting into a DLC game more and more complex.
I hope you get my point,
I would love to see more historical country based events added again in the patches like they got added before. (The 2 wool events for castille felt like a bad joke)

Thank you.

Upvote 0
I would love more Enlightenment events, particularly concerning ideas of liberalism and the rights of humanity. Although that's part of a major late game makeover I desire.

I've got the same feeling, about historical events, dynamic events, and immersion packs. Espacially after the 50 first years of the game. I really enjoyed myself discovering Florence and
Savonarola Rises, immersion is not gameplay.

Maybe they should add the policy to add for every new added or reworked nation at least 20 events or something - I was deep disapointed as they reworked the philippeans and didn't add one event for them (or one mission, or anything) - I mean, they will never look back at them, why not using that time, why should I ever play them?

I fully agree with this. I hope that the next patch will do better work at historical research and will reward nations with more events.