• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Neith

Private
34 Badges
May 16, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Magicka
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
A few days ago I received a warning for a thunderstorm of 1.0. I constantly receive a warning but the thunderstorm never arrives. When I check the area for the supposed 'threat' my entire map is white, no signs of red. I tried fixing it by manually creating a thunderstorm but once that one is finished - even with a different strength -, the 1.0 warning still stays and continues. I've also tried playing on seeing whether it goes away or actually happens, 3-4 hours later I still have the bug.

Really hope you fix this bug whenever a patch arrives because my main city has this issue and I receive no other natural disasters at all due to it, nevermind the constant warnings I keep receiving. Steam has one or two threads about this and maybe some here with neither having suggested fixes, but I was slightly afraid of this going under the radar as it's utterly feature breaking.

Having this bug alongside the garbage bug with stadiums/cargo ports is really putting me off playing anymore. I don't feel inclined to create another city in case I get this bug again. Which is a pain because I'd like to actually play.

Reactions:
Upvote 0
I've noticed the frequency of these 1.0 thunderstorms as well, but I usually find some red - at the very edge of the map, if I have the visibility. It's also linked to starting a lot of forest fires which puts a strain on computer performance.

Last edited:
I've noticed the frequency of these 1.0 thunderstorms as well, but I usually find some red - at the very edge of the map, if I have the visibility. It's also linked to starting a lot of forest fires which puts a strain on computer performance.
Yeah I'd read somewhere about forest fires and storms taking place on the outskirts. However, there's been nothing on my map and after 3-4 hours of gameplay you'd expect it to eventually end or appear. Neither popped up. There haven't been any forest fires either. Also, the warning is consistent. It never goes away and I get no other natural disaster warnings, so it's clearly putting everything on halt expecting the storm to arrive but it never does.

It makes me think there are two types of bugs.

Reactions:
I also noticed this problem. 3 times in a row a 1.0 thunderstorm. Early warning has shown up, radio broadcast but never a storm. I evacuated the city every time. No chirps about people complaining about false alarm.

Yeah I'd read somewhere about forest fires and storms taking place on the outskirts. However, there's been nothing on my map and after 3-4 hours of gameplay you'd expect it to eventually end or appear. Neither popped up. There haven't been any forest fires either. Also, the warning is consistent. It never goes away and I get no other natural disaster warnings, so it's clearly putting everything on halt expecting the storm to arrive but it never does.

It makes me think there are two types of bugs.
I got the same, since 2000-4000 cims i got the permanent thunderstorm alert, NEVER COME, and NEVER ALERT ABOUT ANOTHER DISASTER. (disasters keep happening without alerts) this is f******* my 70k city now U_U

Sorry for english, isnt my language.

I've heard the dang "Meteorologists have issued a thunderstorm warning..." clip at least a hundred times in the past couple days. It seems like anytime it's raining there's just a constant 1.0 thunderstorm warning. Every once in a great while there'd finally be a lightning strike or two, but it usually didn't get rid of the constant warning. I finally had to stop playing as it was just driving me absolutely nuts.

Reactions:
I have the same problem, additionally i have had a tsunami warning but the tsunami never comes, this was in a span of 30 minutes of continuous game play.
I've also had this issue on the same game now when I loaded it up. I get both thunderstorm and tsunami spam.

Have yet to try the game with the latest patch but I'm hoping this issue is fixed...

Still getting this bug but now it's been coupled with a tsunami warning, which on the odd occasion arrives but most cases doesn't and the actualt tsunami is weak as anything (seems to be tied to the 1.0 thunderstorm intensity warning). What makes it worse is the radio's aggressive and urgent warning for something which doesn't arrive or is hardly a tsunami.

"A tsunami has struck the city!!! Avoid...!"

Good grief.

Same problem here. For now I set warning volume to 0 because it was too annoying. Disasters bar in top left corner shows thunderstorm 1.0 warning all the time, but other warnings show next to it, so if I pay attention I can see them coming. Still, it needs fix. I'm afraid to invest more time into this city if there is risk my save is dead.

After of v 1.6.2 loop bug (thunderstorm 1.0 warning) keep going for me in my current city. It is clear that "gamesaved" file is corrupt. :(
In v 1.6.0 I eliminate loop to cause a thunderstorm manually. Returned after of v 1.6.1

All the errors described happen:
- thunderstorm 1.0 warning loop (continuous and unpleasant).
- just as it arrives that does not arrive thunderstorm , continuous loop
- joins from time to time tsunami warning that does not know where it is nor does it arrive
-rest of disasters "half capped" by loop. If they happen, then there is no report

Posdata.- I hope that in new city does not happen ..

Last edited:
This seems to be triggered by placing the weather radar. I also thought about a connection to the odd lightning which was just sound and GFX before this DLC.
Thanks for the idea. It has happened to me in a new city. Coincided a storm 1.0 and a twistwer, and remained storm 1.0 in infinite loop.
Solution: remove "weathe radar" , report twister appeared, and put it back"weathe radar" .

Its f**n 2018 and the bug is STILL not fixed, and they STILL havent bothered to even give us a simple console command to manually hard-terminate the incoming disaster (that would at least give players a workaround to clear the bug).
My city has been perpetually ruined by this bug for 2 years now. Thanks CO.

Its f**n 2018 and the bug is STILL not fixed, and they STILL havent bothered to even give us a simple console command to manually hard-terminate the incoming disaster (that would at least give players a workaround to clear the bug).
My city has been perpetually ruined by this bug for 2 years now. Thanks CO.
Your issue has been fixed with Patch 1.7.0:
  • Fixed: Unnecessary thunderstorm warnings
https://skylines.paradoxwikis.com/Patch_1.7.0