Modifiers nerfing light panzer divisions in SCW w LaR

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gefallener_Held

General
38 Badges
Oct 19, 2010
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Darkest Hour
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
So I broke down and bought this. Panzer volunteers are nerfed, even in clear weather. What gives?

The nerf-modifiers are on every state in spain while the civil war is ongoing, not just panzers, every units.
And the state-modifiers are there to drag out the conflict more since the SCW started in 1936 and ended 1939(historically), paradox wanted the SCW to be more historical and not to rush the SCW.

it's the SCW special feature where everyone gets like -90% combat effectiveness to simulate how bogged down the situation was.

Strangely the effect is handled in the ''weather'' condition and doesn't have its own combat category. So that's why you are probably confused ... and honestly ... it is very confusing unless you specifically know the developers did it this way ...

Th
it's the SCW special feature where everyone gets like -90% combat effectiveness to simulate how bogged down the situation was.

Strangely the effect is handled in the ''weather'' condition and doesn't have its own combat category. So that's why you are probably confused ... and honestly ... it is very confusing unless you specifically know the developers did it this way ...
Thanks. Any tips then on how to speed it up? This will make SCW bit of a grindfest...

Th

Thanks. Any tips then on how to speed it up? This will make SCW bit of a grindfest...

SCW is supposed to be a grind that lasts multiple years. That's the whole point of the change.
If you have strong enough divisions you should still be able to win the war quite fast as volunteers. I think I got the war done in four months as USSR.

Did the developers 'nerf' the volunteers in the Japan-China war too? Kriky, it's been a year of WW1 fighting and just took my first province...

Did the developers 'nerf' the volunteers in the Japan-China war too? Kriky, it's been a year of WW1 fighting and just took my first province...

No, volunteers in the Sino-Japanese war work the same as they always did. Send five tank divisions and a ton of planes and you'll do fine.

Does lend-lease work in the SCW? As France, I sent Republican Spain about 100 FT-17s and never got any XP for my army.

This could be due to two things:

1. Lend-lease bug that means you need an ONGOING lend-lease deal to get XP from leased equipment, not just a one-off gift
2. Republican Spain has no tank divisions so the tanks never got used

From what I’ve seen with the AI, China actually holds out reasonably well in the early war, but let them deplete their infantry equipment/manpower or make a large enough landing and they start collapsing like a house of cards. Just keep grinding, they should collapse soon.

No, volunteers in the Sino-Japanese war work the same as they always did. Send five tank divisions and a ton of planes and you'll do fine.

This could be due to two things:

1. Lend-lease bug that means you need an ONGOING lend-lease deal to get XP from leased equipment, not just a one-off gift
2. Republican Spain has no tank divisions so the tanks never got used
Gort, your #1 bullet. Was that bug prior to LaR? I ask because I never could get the Experience via giving equipment to ever work. And I was just giving one off gifts. Does everyone know about this but me? Is this a confirmed bug from the past? Thank you.

Gort, your #1 bullet. Was that bug prior to LaR? I ask because I never could get the Experience via giving equipment to ever work. And I was just giving one off gifts. Does everyone know about this but me? Is this a confirmed bug from the past? Thank you.
The developers will probably deny that it is a bug. But yes, it has always been like this. You can add a single rifle sent monthly to the lease and you'll keep getting XP for all equipment as it is used.

The developers will probably deny that it is a bug. But yes, it has always been like this. You can add a single rifle sent monthly to the lease and you'll keep getting XP for all equipment as it is used.

For any equipment types, or only the type you sent?

For example, if you send 1000 rifles once off, then send 1 rifle per month after that - you'll get army XP continously for all the rifles used?

What if you send 1000 rifles and 100 planes, once off. Then just 1 rifle per month after that - will you get army XP and air XP continously? Or just army XP (because you're sending rifles monthly, but not planes monthly)?

Make sure you sent YOUR country rifle too, not other country rifle. Not confirm yet but just do it.

For any equipment types, or only the type you sent?

For example, if you send 1000 rifles once off, then send 1 rifle per month after that - you'll get army XP continously for all the rifles used?

What if you send 1000 rifles and 100 planes, once off. Then just 1 rifle per month after that - will you get army XP and air XP continously? Or just army XP (because you're sending rifles monthly, but not planes monthly)?

For any equipment. Just send 1 fuel per day to get both land and air XP. But be sure to send your own country version of equipment. The equipment then will need to be used in battles for you to get xp.

Make sure you sent YOUR country rifle too, not other country rifle. Not confirm yet but just do it.
I had a look at the code.
In the normal case, only the country controlling the division gets XP. If it is an expeditionary division, the sender receives 50% (NMilitary.EXPEDITIONARY_FIELD_EXPERIENCE_SCALE) and the controller the rest.
Lend-lease XP is purely additional to this value, i.e. neither the controlling country nor the expeditionary sender get less XP from using lend-leased equipment. For each country that currently lend-leases anything to the controller, the number of equipment pieces in the division produced by them gets tallied. It does not matter what the individual production cost of the piece of equipment is, nor whether it was produced using a foreign production license, nor how the controller got the equipment.
The XP received by the lend-lease sender then depends on the fraction of current division equipment produced by them and a fixed scale of 0.005 (NMilitary.LEND_LEASE_FIELD_EXPERIENCE_SCALE). As far as I can tell, in contrast to the normal (and expeditionary) XP, it does not depend on the size of the division.
  • lend-leasing captured equipment does not produce XP (except for the country it was captured from, if they also have an active lend-lease)
  • try to have a (minimal) ongoing lend-lease with any country that is using equipment by you
  • lend-leasing equipment with high per-item cost is less efficient
  • countries sending expeditionary forces should simultaneously send (minimal) lend-lease to get free extra XP

countries sending expeditionary forces should simultaneously send (minimal) lend-lease to get free extra XP

Wait, you're saying that your expeditionary force's equipment, which is almost certainly yours, gets counted toward the lend-lease fraction? That's some sweet double-dipping. And also, if lend-lease XP is really on a "number of pieces of equipment" basis, then I can totally see why everyone has traditionally sent infantry equipment. I sent artillery to China in a previous game. It was totally the right thing to get them fielding new divisions again, but now I feel like a sucker for doing so. :(

I don't have patch 1.9. Does the Spanish Civil War weather penalty also reduce experience gains? If it doesn't, it seems like a great way to farm low-consequence army XP by just grinding long battles. I dub it, "AI simulator mode." It's like the light version of the old XP farming method of fighting with unequipped divisions.