• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vukica

Field Marshal
53 Badges
Jul 29, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
Hello everybody!

As you all know CK2 2.8 will be released soon™ and an updated version of Plus will be sure to follow.

Now, in this modder diary I won't say all the changes that were done for the version 4.07, but I will explain few of the bigger ones.

One of the biggest changes is that we've removed secret religion cults from the game. Before you freak out over this change, please read on.
The core cult mechanics are still there. However, you will no longer be a member of a society, since in my opinion having a single global secret society for the sole purpose of conversion is silly.
Instead, once your character gets secretly converted, you have immediate access to secret religious mechanics. You can only affect your realm/sub-realm with these actions, and if you're a vassal you can try and convert your vassal peers.

The whole change about cults basically means that AI will do less annoying stupid stuff, every local cult is fully independent, and you as player will actually have a challenge if you choose this method of conversion. For instance, provinces with a secret community will not all switch to the new religion. Some may refuse.
All secret cult decisions will be less likely to succeed than in vanilla, but this is something that really needs player feedback so we can tweak it and make it better.

Another benefit of this approach is that you can now participate in another society, perhaps even one that's linked to your secret religion while you're secretly converting counties and people. Or you can join DW society of your public religion and reduce their MA so when you decide to publicly convert it will be more successful. There's definitely a lot more options now.

The second big change is the addition of three new Devil Worshipper societies. Jinn Sorcerers for the Muslim, Cult of Titan for the Hellenic, and Cult of Apep for the Egyptian pagan. These cults are largely the same as all the other vanilla generic societies, but adding them to the game isn't as simple as defining the new society, so this change has a fairly large impact on many in-game files.

The third big change is that Hellenic paganism has been split into Greek version and Roman version. The Titan pagan religion was removed and replaced with already mentioned DW society. Other than localisations, the Roman and the Greek version have some small differences, e.g. the greeks don't have a religion head. This is also something that needs feedback and ideas from players on what to add to these religions and how to make them feel special.

As I said in the previous modder diary, 99% of save compatible changes were released in the CK2Plus 4.06 and will continue to be released, so this means that the 4.07 change log will be mostly about new stuff. I hope you'll like it!

That's it for now, but here's an in-game image that will hint some more big changes ;)

thiswasjustastart.png

I didn't realise how much I needed this. The global cults were a huge letdown.

When you say "Another benefit of this approach is that you can now participate in another society, perhaps even one that's linked to your secret religion", does that mean people in a secret religion cult will have access to both their public religion's and secret religion's societies? Like, a secret catholic under the shia could join the assassins or the benedictines?

When you say "Another benefit of this approach is that you can now participate in another society, perhaps even one that's linked to your secret religion", does that mean people in a secret religion cult will have access to both their public religion's and secret religion's societies? Like, a secret catholic under the shia could join the assassins or the benedictines?

I believe that's the idea, but I can't look at the code right now.

As long as you are looking at Greece, has there been any thought to like, a mild nerf to its tax base or something? It's always struck me as kind of wild how many troops can be drawn out of it, given that anatolia was their primary font of manpower

As long as you are looking at Greece, has there been any thought to like, a mild nerf to its tax base or something? It's always struck me as kind of wild how many troops can be drawn out of it, given that anatolia was their primary font of manpower
Well, on the other hand from what I read (only one book though), Anatolia was totally weak economy-wise though. And since in CK2 the "manpower" and "tax" concepts of EU are bundled together as "holdings", it's a bit difficult to properly model such a situation. Because if you take away holdings from Greece, you would also make it look like Anatolia's economy was on par with that of Greece, which it was not. This sort of situation could really be more accurately modeled e.g. in EU4.

I believe that's the idea, but I can't look at the code right now.

Yeah, but I still need to go through all the triggers, since they're not exactly consistent.

Unfortunately, this was a bad idea since monastic orders have the public clothes that give them away. So you'd be able to spot a benedictin who claims to be a muslim.
DLC portrait files are especially problematic for modding. I will look into getting around this obstacle.

Unfortunately, this was a bad idea since monastic orders have the public clothes that give them away. So you'd be able to spot a benedictin who claims to be a muslim.
DLC portrait files are especially problematic for modding. I will look into getting around this obstacle.

*A guy in full benedictine robes wearing a huge crucifix and holding a Bible walks into a mosque*
"How do you do, fellow Muslims."

I assume we still have the option to play WITHOUT societies and devil worshippers... right? haha

yes, same game rules apply. the secret society rule will obviously only disable secret religion actions since society is already removed.

but, tbh, you'll probably be safe from stupid AI even if you leave secret conversions thing on.

So glad you guys are adding more mechanics to this feature. I just knew modders would do what PI cannot. At least they provided a framework with tons of potential. Also i hope the fact that you are able to mess around with the portraits means we can turn off that stupid bowlcut! A side effect of not outing society members :)

So glad you guys are adding more mechanics to this feature. I just knew modders would do what PI cannot. At least they provided a framework with tons of potential. Also i hope the fact that you are able to mess around with the portraits means we can turn off that stupid bowlcut! A side effect of not outing society members :)
You could already mod hairstyles before - or portraits in general, really. What's new is only that you get a separate option to change clothing etc. only for society members, without affecting other people.
So what I mean is if you hate the "bowlcut" hairstyle in general, you can easily mod it away altogether in your personal submod - not only for societies, but for everyone.
Unless I understood you wrong here.

Yeah Ive tried messing around with portraits for Elder Kings before, didnt turn out so well. I meant that I hope theres a way to just change it through ruler designer. At the very least Paradox should let you wear a hat over the society haircuts. Its possible to do that if we are gonna be able to change out of society clothing with this upcoming change for ck2+ no? Otherwise wouldnt society members be recognized by that hair

As someone who has just experienced the horrendeous decision to make cults global, I want to thank the devs of ck2+ for including the godly feature that is local cults. All those years of groundwork and this moron just forces all of us into the open, what the hell is paradox even thinking. Also appreciate you adding the the option for rulers to not have the moronic leader force reveal them at 20 moral authority, hopefully allowing him the chance to suffer a painfully lonesome(yet brutal) death that is followed only by those of his immediate family, who raised the little fool. Im out here putting in work for the clan, trying to do some missions. At least one damn.