• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

cynther

Private
61 Badges
Jun 11, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities in Motion
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
Welcome to CK2IBT, the Ironman Backup Tool.

CK2IBT_logo.jpg

CHANGE LOG
v0.92
  • Moved backups directory from ..\CK2IBT\BACKUPS\ to ..\save games\CK2IBT_BACKUPS\ in order to avoid deleting backups when updating CK2IBT.
  • Expanded history functionality.
  • Corrected a few bugs introduced by last update.
v0.91
  • Various bugfixes.
v0.90
  • First public version.

Have you ever tried loading your Ironman save after trying out some mod? If you acidentally start up the game with an active mod and load your save, it's gone. Broken. Even if you quit immediately without unpausing, the game overwrites your save, and it is forever branded as non-Ironman. There is nothing you can do, you're just out of luck.

This happened to me - 5 centuries down the drain (I was going for the Persistent Survivor achievement). So I created this tool to prevent if from ever happening again.

The Crusader Kings II Ironman Backup Tool (CK2IBT) is a simple program that helps you take and manage backups of your Ironman saves. This allows you not only to recover a broken game, but also to save and load Ironman games as you would any other. So if you'd like to make a backup save before your son comes of age or after you gain a great trait, then this mod is also for you.

CK2IBT is strictly speaking not a mod. It does not change any game files. Rather, it can be run independently of CK2. You can start it before launching the game or tab out and fire it up when you need it. While playing, you can keep CK2IBT running in the background and tab back and forth as needed. No need to quit the game in order to backup.

***** IMPORTANT *****
Because it is a stand alone program, CK2IBT does not need to be activated like other mods. Instead, you have to unzip CK2IBT.zip in the ..\Crusader Kings II\mod\ folder (the one in your Documents, not the one in the game folder), regardless of whether you subscribe or download manually. When you have unzipped, you can doubleclick CK2IBT.bat to run CK2IBT.
***** IMPORTANT *****

For further instructions, tips and troubleshooting, see README.txt or type "help".

DOWNLOAD
Download here or subscribe in the Steam Workshop

FEATURES
  • Easy to backup/restore your Ironman saves - no more corrupted save files
  • Keeps a history of recent backups to help you manage your backups
  • Option to delete old backups - prevents your backups from taking up too much space
  • Automatic backups every X minutes - you don't have to remember to do it yourself
  • Autobackup can be overwritten or saved to a new file
  • Cleans up all outdated backups at the press of a button

COMPATIBILITY
  • Needless to say, CK2IBT is Ironman compatible.
  • Will most likely work with any version of CK2. Last tested version is 2.4.5 (NFUF)
  • There should be absolutely NO compatibility issues with ANY mod, since CK2IBT changes no game files. Unless you have a mod that does something weird like moving your save games folder, if that is even possible. If you do suspect that CK2IBT causes problems for some reason, please let me know.
  • No DLC needed.

TERMS OF USE
You are free to modify and redistribute CK2IBT in any way you see fit, but if you incorporate my work into another mod, whole or in part, please notify me and mention me in the credits.

FEEDBACK
If you have any comments or suggestions or encounter any bugs, please feel free to leave a note. All comments are much appreciated =)

Attachments

• CK2IBT.zip
    362 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: