It is now January 10, still no release date for Waking Tiger

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad. I'd rather them be working to improve the base game and make this a great DLC than to pump a new product out as fast as they can. Still, I expect it will be released within Q1.

I'm glad. I'd rather them be working to improve the base game and make this a great DLC than to pump a new product out as fast as they can. Still, I expect it will be released within Q1.

To the contrary it should have been done and released 4-6 months ago.

I'm excited for it too... I quit playing in fact until it releases because it's adding so much and I've read all the blogs that I don't want to play it without all that good new stuff.

GIMME CORNFLAKE TIGERS!!1

I'm excited for it too... I quit playing in fact until it releases because it's adding so much and I've read all the blogs that I don't want to play it without all that good new stuff.

GIMME CORNFLAKE TIGERS!!1
Same here, the game seems so doll now, maybe in the future evry1 that pre- orders DLC gets a early beta access

The new patch and the 'Tiger' expansion will surely make game better. If it takes few more weeks to apply and test all the changes - I'm content with it.

Well, 'better' does not mean 'perfect' but that's life. But it is playable (and was that way from the beginning) and is getting better with every patch. So I'm rather optimistic.

The new patch and the 'Tiger' expansion will surely make game better. If it takes few more weeks to apply and test all the changes - I'm content with it.

Well, 'better' does not mean 'perfect' but that's life. But it is playable (and was that way from the beginning) and is getting better with every patch. So I'm rather optimistic.

I disagree. It has not been playable, in sp at least.

Well they didn't promise us a release date by now, did they?

This is like saying "It's 2018 and every form of cancer still hasn't be cured".. no one was promised it would be.

I disagree. It has not been playable, in sp at least.

It's playable in SP but... looooooots of flaws. Like WW2 beginning in 1939 and all the heavy fighting that took place in the 6yrs of WW2 happens in like 6 months.

And the chronic stuttering and division spam, craziness of anything navy-related and so forth.

Might want to look up the definition of "playable".. because if it isn't I don't know what I've been doing for 603 hours of my life..
It is not a question of definition. Right now, playing as Germany the UK AI does not defend its own shores, and does not defend Suez Canal. That alone takes two theatres of utomost importance off the table.
The game is almost two years old. The reason Paradox keeps peddling half baked goods to only then fix them two or three years after initial release is because we keep buying them.

Last edited:
Well they didn't promise us a release date by now, did they?

This is like saying "It's 2018 and every form of cancer still hasn't be cured".. no one was promised it would be.
No it is not like saying that at all. I will say what I have said many times. The game is 18 months old (better part of two years) and still has fantastic flaws in AI.

Well, HOI3 was never 'playable' in SP, so if the AI being better than you is your definition of playable, best to find another game then. Chess?

Me, im stoked about all the changes announced so far.

It is not a mention of definition. Right now, playing as Germany the UK AI does not defend its own shores, and does not defend Suez Canal. That alone takes two theatres of utomost importance off the table.
The game is almost two years old. The reason Paradox keeps peddling half baked goods to only then fix them two or three years after initial release is because we keep buying them.

It gets even worse when you defeat the Allies and... just annex all of Canada without so much as an argument. Makes the invasion of North America a complete joke, at least until the meatgrinder of the USA starts, but even then that's just a matter of not running out of manpower.

After the USA falls - or Germany falls, or USSR, or whatever - there really is nothing to do. I've won WW2 in 1942, and there are NO mechanics for any sort of breakdown of alliances. No Man in the High Castle scenario of a Germany-Japan cold war, and no Grasshopper Lies Heavy scenario of a USA-UK cold war. There's just nothing. The game continues as if the AI doesn't know what to do with itself. There's no Post-War focuses, no Marshall Plan, nothing. Every time I've 'won' WW2, that victory tasted like ashes. Nothing makes it meaningful, because it doesn't get you anything. A few generic Cold War mechanics - things that could represent any faction breakdown or Cold War scenario - are so badly needed, but they'll never come.

Really, I'm not interested in playing HOI4 after the next DLC drops. It's gonna be the same thing with a bunch of new babysteps in the right direction, but it'll still be the same. It's like painting a car with bad brakes a different color. Same fun and hopeful early game, same dull and meaningless late game.

Status
Not open for further replies.