• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DieselDesigns

Second Lieutenant
Apr 4, 2015
I just downloaded the update, but when I entered my game and signed in with my Paradox account, all my mods, assets, etc. that I subscribed to on Steam are wiped! Is this a "give it time for Steam & Paradox to update my game" or do I have to unsub and then re-sub to all of my assets and mods like the last update when I had issues? I have a series on YouTube that is my most popular series and I'd hate to have to try and remember all of the subbed assets and mods to continue everytime there is an update.

Please Help!

Thank You,
DieselDesigns
www.youtube.com/DieselDesigns

Try changing your download region in steam. This can help to give steam a reminder it actually needs to download them. I had similar trouble when i had to reinstall.

Did that, still nothing and it seems like this update, just like the last, has broken my game and my city. I'll give it 24 hours but there should be no reason for an update should cause someone to have to go through multiple troubleshooting just to play a game that was working just fine before the update. Trying to play a game that I love but the developers throw an update in that makes me not be able to play or not want to play the game again, due to the update blowing up everything that I've been working on for a month and a half.
But, hey I'll give it some patience, but I'm not optimistic since the last update destroyed a city I was working on and a series on my YouTube channel.

Thanks,
DieselDesigns

Well there are plenty of other people who are having the same issue to no resolve. It's just a shame that the only reason people continue playing this game, and love it, is because of it's modding community. Then Paradox releases and update that caters to only Vanilla players, because the update breaks mods, removes assets, and wipes custom maps off of the game. I'll keep looking for a work around...a prayer...ANYTHING.

The problem is that the mods will sometimes go deep inside the core of the game.

When you update, when you fix things, some of the parts that the mods try to acces will slightly change. You will have to wait for the modders to adapt.

The only other choice would be not to fix the game, ever... not a good option I think.:rolleyes:

The problem is that the mods will sometimes go deep inside the core of the game.

When you update, when you fix things, some of the parts that the mods try to acces will slightly change. You will have to wait for the modders to adapt.

The only other choice would be not to fix the game, ever... not a good option I think.:rolleyes:

Or better, for the major mods like Traffic++, give them early access to the patched code so that they can then get their mod updated for the patch, rather than releasing the patch and killing any games dependent on those mods.

I suspect that CO did not expect the skill set of the modders and their ability to modify the game. They should have built a proper, standardized API for the modders with all of the functionality that they need, with the ability to replace standard code, add new functionality, etc..

I would have no problems waiting for mod creators and asset creators to update what they've done. But the new update WIPED all the mods and assets off my game. They're gone. I don't have the option to see what mods/assets are broken to click off of them and wait. I fear that I'll have to unsub everyone's assets then resub and pray that the city looks and works the same.

The update didn't wipe my mods, but it did make the Mods window of the Content Manager not work very well. Since the release notes on Steam said that many mods would not be compatible and recommended starting the game with the -noMods switch I did so. No effect on mods. I went into the Content Manager and there was a "Disable All" button. When I clicked it nothing seemed to happen--all the mods still had the checkbox lit up. The button worked in all the other windows just fine, so I went back and messed with it for awhile. It did eventually disable all the mods I have, but about half the checkboxes were still lit up as if the mod were active.

And, of course, trying to play with all the mods I use "on" did eventually cause a crash. In my case it happened the first time I tried to create a bus route.

The previous patch also broke mod compatibility, so I was prepared for this. If the "Enable All" and Disable All" buttons actually work, it will be easier to get back to modded games this time. What I would like to see is some of the more significant mods (Traffic++, Traffic Manager, Precision Engineering, etc.) that I have come to depend on become incorporated into the game so I don't lose them for a couple of weeks every time there is a patch.

By the way: Thank you, modders. You have made this game much more fun to play.

Since the update I'm having the following issue: As soon I'm going trying to create a new or modify an asset I’ll see only the following:
2015-07-02_00001.jpg

This is what I'm seeing with every asset.
Firstly I tried -disableMods but that didn't help. Then I added -noWorkshop and everything seems fine.

Weird fact, I don't have problems while playing a city.. besides the known problems with a lot of mods.
At the moment I don't get, why is it that Paradox/CO is not using the beta function at least so that they can receive either positive or negative feedback from modders and those creating assets/using a lot of assets. To make a patch even smother then it is today.

I had that exact problem. It turned out to be caused by an asset, not a mod, and was easily sorted once I figured out which asset to disable. In my case the culprit seems to have been a thumbnail enabled car park, so you may want to start your search by disabling anything that's had a thumbnail update. If that doesn't help I'd suggest disabling assets in batches and see where that leads you.

Reactions:
MY last attempt to fix any of this before I have to start another city. I'm going to unsubscribe to all of my mods and assets then resub to them all. If this does not fix this HORRIBLE patch, I may just say screw this game and find something else to play and make a series on. It'll probably cause a bunch of unsubs on my YouTube and money out of my pocket, but I'd rather have that then the headache of a game that gets broken by developers with no care.

Reactions: