Ironman Cloud Savegames issue and workaround

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DDRJake

Field Marshal
112 Badges
Feb 4, 2011
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
So regrettably the Ironman Cloud Save functionality for new saves started in 1.21 has broken. We have a fix in work and hope to release a hotfix for it as soon as we can.

In the mean time, you can save Ironman games locally, or non-ironman games on the cloud. If, like me, Ironman Cloudsaves is a necessity in your life, then there is a workaround:

1) Start a new non-ironman game.
2) Save the game to cloud with the name you want for your ironman game.
3) Go back to menu.
4) Start a new Ironman game.
5) When prompted for a name, select the already created regular cloud game.
6) Start up game and save without problem.

We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to get it fixed as soon as we can.

Cheers for the workaround <3

I have some isses with local ironman saves breaking so this is pretty important to me.

Is it possible to add this to the EU4 cmmunity section of Steam? I see someof people complaing there...

Last edited:
Thank you!

At first I thought the error couldn't be saved pop up because I was currently pre-loading another game and having a few stuff running in background.

Was not too broken over my brief attempt at golden rush being not saved (only a few month in easily re-doable).

Cheers for the workaround <3

I have some isses with local ironman saves breaking so this is pretty important to me.

Is it possible to add this to the EU4 cmmunity section of Steam? I see someof people complaing there...

Hello,
I have the same problem like the Tanesis. Now i cant play on the Ironman because of 2 problems.
One with the Cloud and the other with local saved games. I can see that in the documents the file with game is created but when I want to load that file the game just dont see it.
I will try to do as u written above with cloud files but what about local files?
I have re-instal game about 3 times and that did not helped.

Thanks for the replay
BR

Thanks for the quick workaround! Hopefully it can be fixed quickly.

Closing, as this issue is now fixed in 1.21.1 .

Status
Not open for further replies.