• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

podcat

Game Director <unannounced>
Paradox Staff
12 Badges
Jul 23, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
Hi everyone, We have been swooping down on some of the early stuff reported, so I wanted to drop a beta patch down tonight. If no problems show up with it it likely gets moved to proper patch for weekend.

This is a smallish patch, we wanted to get some of these technical issues fixed ASAP. Tomorrow I'll talk a bit about our plans in the dev diary for future patching, but...

Why beta patch and should you download it:
This patch might contain errors. QA has not had a lot of time to test everything like we normally would, and some of the hardware related issues is stuff that is just much easier to have the people experiencing problems check themselves.
So, if you know how to use beta patches and dare to live a little dangerously (I wouldnt attempt ironman on this build tbh in case it ruins your save), and would love to help then check this out. I am not going to promote this patch outside the forum because, well, its beta and not fully supported.
I expect it to be upgraded to real patch tomorrow if feedback is good, or if stuff needs fixing early next week.

Patchnotes:
Stability & Performance
- Fixed several rare CTDs.
- Late-game performance optimizations.
- Large peace conference resolutions are now faster and also properly indicate that they are active to non-participants.
- Added GUI scaling option for people with very small or very high resolutin displays (experimental).
- Added a max framerate limiting system (defaults to 75fps) to help people with the combination of bad cooling, great graphics cards and very high screen refresh. If you are one of these with heat issues I would love to hear if this solved it (changing max_fram_rate in settings can let you remove its effect by making it higher, or go lower if you still have issues)

Gameplay
- Fixed an issue with deploying troops during spanish civil war when continuing savegames.
- Can now zoom in and out using PgUp and PgDown buttons on keyboard.
- Stopped an exploit where player could redirect a naval transfer into an invasion without preparation.
- Fixed a case where fleets who found themselves outside base range would be instantly deleted.
- Fixed some highlighting issues in tutorial.

Content
- Added 9 new unique nation leader portraits.
- Improved some VP/state names in China.
- Improved a lot of alternate ideology nation names and party/leader names.
- France can now send volunteers to Spain if they choose the Support Nationalists focus.
- Fixed many localization issues, both in english and other languages.

So how do I get this?
1. In steam right click the game in the list of games and pick Properties
2. Go to the Betas tab
3. in the drop-down select 1.0.1_beta (if it doesnt appear you might have to restart steam)
4. Close Properties. Steam should now queue up an update and will display the game in the list as Hearts of Iron IV [1.0.1_beta]
5. if all went well the last bit of the version number in launcher should display "(f680)" which should be the correct checksum
6. Once we go official you can just remove the beta branch and go back to main by doing this again and selecting NONE.

If this seems complicated just skip it and wait for patch to become official.

Enjoy!

EDIT: I updated the 1.0.1_beta now with a fix for the CTD introduced with this beta hotfix. Looks fine in tests so far so might get to be full patch today. Let me know if it solved your problems if you were one of the ppl experiencing these CTDs after isntalling the patch. (it will have same checksum, but tooltiping the version ingame will show it to be from today)

Last edited:
Reactions:
I truly hope that the system which gives automatic access when two nations have mutual enemies is hotfixed. This is a real game breaker and it happens in every game that I have seen.

I am saddened not to see it included in this one.

Reactions:
Reactions:
What leader portraits were added?

Reactions:
I truly hope that the system which gives automatic access when two nations have mutual enemies is hotfixed. This is a real game breaker and it happens in every game that I have seen.

I am saddened not to see it included in this one.

Thats a big, scary change that will need a lot of long term testing. It was done for a reason a couple of months back and I am not sure if we have solved everything needed to remove it. We'll be checking it out over time though.

Will sign up, sounds like a good start. Btw, any info on which 8 leader portraits were added?
Milan Stojadinovic
Milan Grol
Gheorghe Tatarescu
Armand Calinescu
Manuel L. Quezon
Sheng Shicai
Li Zongren
Lord Linlithgow

Reactions:
Thats a big, scary change that will need a lot of long term testing. It was done for a reason a couple of months back and I am not sure if we have solved everything needed to remove it. We'll be checking it out over time though.

Milan Stojadinovic
Milan Grol
Gheorghe Tatarescu
Armand Calinescu
Manuel L. Quezon
Sheng Shicai
Li Zongren
Lord Linlithgow
After leader portraits for all the starting government are made, will you move on to alternate ideology leader portraits?

Reactions:
wow, so much traffic. stickying this so it doesnt get buried.

Reactions:
New ideology names, huh? I take it no more Platypus?

Reactions:

Milan Stojadinovic
Milan Grol
Gheorghe Tatarescu
Armand Calinescu
Manuel L. Quezon
Sheng Shicai
Li Zongren
Lord Linlithgow

Doubt I'll be back near this until this is fixed. Should release any sort of fix for it as a beta and if it fucks other stuff up it'd probably still be better than the way this leaves things atm.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.