General Problems and My Suggestions for Golden Century

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Thiltran

Corporal
35 Badges
Nov 6, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Generals problems and my suggestions.

1 - Colonies colonizing outside their territory(rrr so annoying). We should be able to choose where they colonize(staying inside or completely free).

2 - Now that with Dharma we have new government system, new Governments for 3 major Iberia nation would be good.

3 - People(including me) mentioned that Spanish mission tree is too small for an Immersion Pack, you should expand it with more options both historical and ahistorical.

4 - Cavalry is so weak at the moment. Maybe you should consider buff it. Less cost, more damage. A cavalry unit is definitely needed between Schwarze Reiter(tech 10) and Latin Knights(tech 1).

5 - If this is a Spanish patch, there should be a special unit for Spain. Spanish Tercios as infantry unit instead of Age of Reformation bonus(replacing it with colony bonus to represent Spanish colonization in 16th century). Even with Dharma nations get their special unit. Why does Spain can't get this feature?

6 - Naval blockades is causing states losing prosperity bonus which shouldn't. We are wasting like 30 years to get prosperity bonus and losing it to some Light ship accidently blocking coastal province is a bad feeling.

7 - Portugal wasn't that bad at land warfare. Ideas should represent it with at least %3 discipline(like Austria) or %10 land morale.

8 - Against lesser developed nations compared to Europeans(no offense just meant eu4 timeline), European nations should gain more administrative efficency. Historically it wasn't that hard(because of overextension) to conquer Africa or Indonesia.

9 - Historically the Crusades were more like coalitions instead of giving bonuses. Papacy should make a call for Crusade that all Catholics can join and if they join the Pope will reward them land like in Ck2, prestige, papal influence.

10 - You introduced Holy Orders in one of the last diaries, from what i see people is like this is another click and get bonus button. I agree with them too, i forget to use state edicts in most of the time, its another click and get bonus button. Maybe we should have Holy orders like in Ck2.

11 - Aristocratic ideas is bad compared to other 4 military ideas. There is no reason to take it if you are not Poland. Aristocratic ideas should either give you Land Leader Shock +1, Shock Damage %10 or %20. Maybe Cavalry combat ability should increase to %30 and cavalry cost to %25. I would rather have the first two because it effects all units. Actually ideas should be more balanced, some ideas are so much stronger than others.

12 - Mercs are so boring and not balanced right now, a change is needed. Maybe(again) like in Ck2.

13 - Subject(vassal, march, pu) limit and Ally(guarantee) limit should be seperated. Influence ideas should increase subject limit while diplo ideas should increase ally limit.

14 - Expansion ideas is giving state maintenance and Administrative is giving core creation cost. It should be vice versa. Admistrating is should be about states and Expansion should be about conquering.

15 - Diplomacy in Production Interface should improve. Player should be able to improve relations with only their European neighbour. Also should be able to Improve relation with HRE states and electors.

16 - Player should be able to colonize or conquer wastelands. These lands weren't empty. These lands should be like 0/0/0 development and player shouldn't be able to develop these lands also can't build anything. This feature only for fun and taking these lands easier. Just for better borders.

Upvote 0
Portugal must be able to create feitorias (a bit like merchant republics do), Events or decisions about the Inquisition, or even mechanics. Choose to expel the Jews from the peninsula or not. The possibility to have Christian minorities in Asian cities owned by Europeans (without converting them). Unique units or even unique types of ships for the Iberians would be nice. Some map changes in South America or in the Gulf of Guinea would be welcome.

I agree with many of your points, but the adjustment of important game mechanics is slow or nonexistant. The next patch will have some idea group rebalance, but from what I have seen so far it creates as many problems as it fixes. Of course we cannot be certain until we have a chance to play it, but to me it seems like espionage and influence were both made mediocre picks and diplomatic will now forever be the most useful option.

These are really good ideas that should be implemented among other things. I am especially fond of 9 and 13. Currently crusades is a fairly unused feature in the game and I would love to see it expanded upon. Hopefully we can see some big changes in some of the upcoming updates. EU4 needs its Holy Fury.

Of course we cannot be certain until we have a chance to play it, but to me it seems like espionage and influence were both made mediocre picks and diplomatic will now forever be the most useful option.

I think that it's fair to say that the idea group changes were not the most ideal. One that especially caught my eye is that now Innovative, an already not great group, is WORSE for players that use it with RB on.