• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Thegankermaster

Private
31 Badges
Apr 22, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka 2
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
@Paradox a lot of people, including me, cannot even launch the game. The launcher closes once you press ''Launch'' Button. Ive tried all the graphic settings combinations, checked game files, reinstalled, restared pc and steam.

Managed to fix it, If you try to launch it directly through the .exe file it gives an error message regarding missing d3dcompiler_47.dll. Just go to your Steam directory then \bin\cef\cefwin7x64(or something similar depending on your windows)\ - here you can find the .dll you need and copy it to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\ImperatorRome\binaries ( or wherever your steam sirectory is )

Managed to fix it, If you try to launch it directly through the .exe file it gives an error message regarding missing d3dcompiler_47.dll. Just go to your Steam directory then \bin\cef\cefwin7x64(or something similar depending on your windows)\ - here you can find the .dll you need and copy it to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\ImperatorRome\binaries ( or wherever your steam sirectory is )
we have no bug message it's just don't launch

try to run it direclty through the .exe. its in \Steam\steamapps\common\ImperatorRome\binaries - worked for me

it's just don't launch to

we have no bug message it's just don't launch
The message only shows if you try to run it directly through the .exe file in :\Steam\steamapps\common\ImperatorRome\binaries. If you run it through steam/paradox launcher there's no error message at all. but if go to you steam directory \Steam\bin\cef\cefwin7x64(or something similar depending on your windows)\ - here you can find the .dll you need and copy it to \Steam\steamapps\common\ImperatorRome\binaries ( or wherever your steam drectory is ). Ihad the same issue everyone here is describing and this solved it for me.

The message only shows if you try to run it directly through the .exe file in :\Steam\steamapps\common\ImperatorRome\binaries. If you run it through steam/paradox launcher there's no error message at all. but if go to you steam directory \Steam\bin\cef\cefwin7x64(or something similar depending on your windows)\ - here you can find the .dll you need and copy it to \Steam\steamapps\common\ImperatorRome\binaries ( or wherever your steam drectory is ). Ihad the same issue everyone here is describing and this solved it for me.
i did i have no bug message even with the .exe

Anyone else getting "Failed Creating Render Backend"? Because that's the error message I'm getting. I press play in the starter box and then get that error box and the window the game would be in. Press ok, and it crashes.

That worked for me ty bro :D

It worked for me! thanks

Tried that, doesn't work.

Anyone else getting "Failed Creating Render Backend"? Because that's the error message I'm getting. I press play in the starter box and then get that error box and the window the game would be in. Press ok, and it crashes.

I do. Looked at every solution that was "supposed" to work for others. I'm surprised that this issue wasn't found during testing, as it isn't a small one.

Got the game installed. Playing on an i5 7700, GTX 1060 6gb, 16gb Ram. No stutter whatsoever. Everything flows beautifully. I'm one of those players who will critisize a game fiercly when it's not optimised enough, but in this case I have nothing to complain about. It simply looks astonishing!